sambini
08-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks CA++++++++

Jdubs21
08-29-2009, 01:19 PM
who was our RB #28? was that gordon?

IzzyFlexion
08-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Arguably, the MVP of that game was Aaron Pederson. That 42 yarder late in the game looked like it would have been good from 60!

No_Skill
08-29-2009, 02:23 PM

...how soon we forget. :nod:

This is the year we should have won the National Championship, but got stuck in a pit of kitty litter.

...oh yeah, we also got jobbed out of hosting the first playoff game in the dome.

TransAmBison
08-29-2009, 02:34 PM

This is the year we should have won the National Championship, but got stuck in a pit of kitty litter.

...oh yeah, we also got jobbed out of hosting the first playoff game in the dome.
But we at least got Taylor out of that mess! Entzion. What a pile.

Tatanka
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM

Tatanka officially requests a rewording of the highlighted text. :hide:

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2009, 03:26 PM

That Delta State game should have been in Fargo......what a joke of a field.

HandoEX
08-29-2009, 03:38 PM
That Delta State game should have been in Fargo......what a joke of a field.
That still stings so bad. I was a 3rd year at NDSU that season and the buzz on campus was everywhere that season. That team was legit.

The UND game was a GREAT one! The pooch kick was unbeivable! Thanks for posting.

CaBisonFan
08-29-2009, 03:53 PM
That still stings so bad. I was a 3rd year at NDSU that season and the buzz on campus was all over that season. That team was legit.

The UND game was a GREAT one! The pooch kick was unbeivable! Thanks for posting.

During this era we had just moved to California, and it's probably the time where I paid the least amount of attention. Didn't happen often, and I watched the scores, but didn't see much.

Was Johnson, the QB, a really good one? He made some really good passes in this game. And it looked like we were two-deep at running back. Being from Mayville, there were two guys from home...Klabo & LeClair from May-Port. That's rare from the land of trees and basketball. Of course, these two guys were part of an unbelievable BB team at May-Port.

17>1
08-29-2009, 04:37 PM
I remember being at this game. We tailgated with about 6 or 8 Sioux fan friends of mine from GF before the game and when that final horn sounded, they we're outta there faster than you can say nickel trophy. Good times. Also, the last time we beat the Sioux.

KTF
08-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Man this game brings back lots of memories as I was in the marching band that year. We hosted the marching band from UND. One the greatest memories is when the UND band took the field to present their pre-game show. The student section turned around and made noise, drowning out the UND band. The NDSU director was ticked at the student body but everybody thought it was the coolest thing.

I also recall watching Ryan Johnson scramble (inside of the NDSU 30), only to throw the ball away into a sioux player's hands. When he got up from the dogpile and realized the Sioux had the ball, he fall back to the ground... I don't believe UND moved the ball much that series and maybe settled for a field goal?

Didn't the sioux score a safety in this game?

Where can we get another Aaron Peterson, he was gold!!

After the game, we were congratulated by the UND fans on their way to the car and they were gone...

Thanks for the post of the game CABison

Wouldn't we as fans love to see a QB of Johnson's caliber and a few wide recievers that could catch the ball over their shoulders on this years team!!

CaBisonFan
08-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Didn't the sioux score a safety in this game?

Thanks for the stories about the bands, the student fans, etc. I watched the whole game last night but can't remember a safety...could be wrong. There was one series where the Bison were at about the one-inch line and were nearly caught in the endzone. The pass play that's on the YouTube video got us out of that fix. I think you're right about the field goal. That's what most of this game was. A minimal amount of good running plays, some big passing plays, field goals, and special team play.

EndZoneQB
08-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Speaking of Ryan Johnson, I remember one time at an Augustana game in SF he pitched the ball off and threw a NASTY block. He completely blew up what I think was a linebacker. The NDSU crowd(which was pretty large) went nuts. Those are the kind of players we need year in and year out, guys that just like to play!

Gully
08-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Ryan Johnson was a pretty good qb. At Northern Colorado, he threw the ball from his own 45 yard line and Eric Nelson caught it in the back of the endzone for a touchdown..no shit. I think he got a look with the CFL.

North Side
08-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Did WDAY do the Broadcast? I like the play intros to start the game. These more modern game are sweet to see cause I actually was alive for these haha! Can't say thank you enough for sharing this stuff CA, keep it up!

KTF
08-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Yep that was Gordon, the other tailback was Deshawn Perkins, who could have been the premier back (just as talented, just a few inches shorter) if Gordon wasn't around. Perkins did most of the work in 2001 when Gordon hurt his ankle.

EndZoneQB
08-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Yep that was Gordon, the other tailback was Deshawn Perkins, who could have been the premier back if Gordon wasn't around. Perkins did most of the work in 2001 when Gordon hurt his ankle.

I think a couple of years they were One-Two in the NCC in rushing weren't they?

I love how everyone is so pumped up for this game, they are celebrating all the time. Not even bad celebration just excitement.

HerdBot
08-29-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bFZiZycvhE

I was at that game and it was one of the most exciting games ever: that's why I don't understand why we won't plwy them. Thanks

SDbison
08-29-2009, 10:06 PM

I love how everyone is so pumped up for this game, they are celebrating all the time. Not even bad celebration just excitement.
Wan't Rod Malone in the mix there somewhere? Or was he just after Gordon left?

CaBisonFan
08-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I was at that game and it was one of the most exciting games ever: that's why I don't understand why we won't plwy them. Thanks

Hard feelings over the cancellation of competition, the ridicule for moving up, and the 'we'll do it better when we move up' attitude that was relentless.

It'll happen pretty soon, but not until the playing field is level. We don't want them coming to our house with less scholarship players than we have. That's the inside scoop...and it's written in Bison Illustrated in the August edition.

KTF
08-29-2009, 10:15 PM

I don't know about the one-two rushing leaders but it wouldn't surprise me if they were. Both were extremely talented. I don't remember if it was 2000 or 2001 but I recall Perkins shredding the UNC defense for some massive yardage.

The excitement displayed is unbelievable. UND just didn't appear to match the intensity that NDSU displayed. Have the Bohl teams ever displayed that much excitement? Would they if we played UND again?

KTF
08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Wan't Rod Malone in the mix there somewhere? Or was he just after Gordon left?

Rod Malone transfered from RCC (rochester MN) in the spring/summer of 2002. Per Gobison.com Rod was not on the team during the 04-05 season. That would put Perkins and Malone as the main horses in 2002. 2003 was the first year (no redshirt) Steffes was around as he broke his leg againist UND and NDSU was forced into a one headed rushing attack. It would have been playoffs for NDSU has they won that game. Still a shame it came down to a 4-1 and we pitched to the outside, would have been better to go through the air (Malone jumping over the pile). NDSU came from a 3 score deficit to force overtime at the alerus center. I was darn heart broken that night...

In 2003 Malone carried the ball close to 60 times in the game againist Augustana. It was a cold dreary day and the wind was wicked from the Northwest.

2003 was also the first year of Tony Stauss as Greig Gorder was gone...

Hard to believe NDSU got Walker, Mays, Steffe, Dahl to commit after the 2-8 season in 2002.

SDbison
08-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Rod Malone transfered from RCC (rochester MN) in the spring/summer of 2002. Per Gobison.com Rod was not on the team during the 04-05 season. That would put Perkins and Malone as the main horses in 2002. 2003 was the first year (no redshirt) Steffes was around as he broke his leg againist UND and NDSU was forced into a one headed rushing attack. It would have been playoffs for NDSU has they won that game. Still a shame it came down to a 4-1 and we pitched to the outside, would have been better to go through the air (Malone jumping over the pile). NDSU came from a 3 score deficit to force overtime at the alerus center. I was darn heart broken that night...

In 2003 Malone carried the ball close to 60 times in the game againist Augustana. It was a cold dreary day and the wind was wicked from the Northwest.

Hard to believe NDSU got Walker, Mays, Steffe, Dahl to commit after the 2-8 season in 2002.
I was at that Augie game in 2003. Malone was a beast. The guy just kept pounding away.

Shawn-O
08-29-2009, 11:02 PM

One of my favorite Sioux sports weekends ever, Sioux-Bison football and BC in for a weekend series in hockey. The hockey game was pretty quiet that night, everybody was just emotionally exhausted from the goings on at Alerus.

KTF
08-30-2009, 12:03 AM
One of my favorite Sioux sports weekends ever, Sioux-Bison football and BC in for a weekend series in hockey. The hockey game was pretty quiet that night, everybody was just emotionally exhausted from the goings on at Alerus.

Shawn-o

(in all seriousness)

To change the subject a bit hasn't BC had UND's number over the past few years? Haven't they prevented UND from going to the playoffs? My sister in law talks about her team (the beavers) alot and mentioned something to this fact. I don't keep track...

Shawn-O
08-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Shawn-o

(in all seriousness)

To change the subject a bit hasn't BC had UND's number over the past few years? Haven't they prevented UND from going to the playoffs? My sister in law talks about her team (the beavers) alot and mentioned something to this fact. I don't keep track...

They ended UND's season in the national semifinals in '06, '07, and '08, so yeah you could say that.

4mcruenomore
08-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Why does this turn into a UND hockey thread?

Anyways, look at the intensity of the bison players, they are fired up. I haven't seen that in a few years, not even close.

EndZoneQB
08-30-2009, 01:14 AM
I don't know about the one-two rushing leaders but it wouldn't surprise me if they were. Both were extremely talented. I don't remember if it was 2000 or 2001 but I recall Perkins shredding the UNC defense for some massive yardage.

The excitement displayed is unbelievable. UND just didn't appear to match the intensity that NDSU displayed. Have the Bohl teams ever displayed that much excitement? Would they if we played UND again?

I think the 2007 team was pretty lively. A lot of leaders and playmakers on that team.

CaBisonFan
08-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Why does this turn into a UND hockey thread?

That's really why I put the video up.....:rofl:

4mcruenomore
08-30-2009, 01:41 AM
That's really why I put the video up.....:rofl:

Some folks over on SS have stated this last week that they have owned us since 1991. So it's funny that when you throw up this video, that Hockey is mentioned right away. "atleast we still have hockey" It's like, if you don't like the stereotype, then don't continually keep fitting it, wow.

CaBisonFan
08-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Some folks over on SS have stated this last week that they have owned us since 1991. So it's funny that when you throw up this video, that Hockey is mentioned right away. "atleast we still have hockey" It's like, if you don't like the stereotype, then don't continually keep fitting it, wow.

They're like....."the Sioux football team this year should be improoooo...look at the puck." :eek:

KTF
08-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Sorry I switched the subject, just wanted to ask an honest question. Won't do it in the future...

aces1180
08-30-2009, 02:57 AM
I was in the student section for this game...I stood in line beginning at 8:00 am and drank a bunch of whiskey-water-diets...Lots of fun for a 20-year old junior.

I loved seeing the Sioux Suck sign in the south end zone at about the 6:30 mark...Times have changed.

4mcruenomore
08-30-2009, 03:06 AM
I was in the student section for this game...I stood in line beginning at 8:00 am and drank a bunch of whiskey-water-diets...Lots of fun for a 20-year old junior.

I loved seeing the Sioux Suck sign in the south end zone at about the 6:30 mark...Times have changed.

So, that won't happen again? I bet if you do, you will be asked to leave. I loved the Sioux Suck sign also, but I think you are right, it's over.

4mcruenomore
08-30-2009, 03:34 AM
CA, you should not allow comments on a video like this on youtube. I say shut them off.

Shawn-O
08-30-2009, 06:35 AM

It's 1993 actually. But it was nice of CaBisonFan to dig up the lone dome win for your enjoyment.

CaBisonFan
08-30-2009, 06:40 AM
It's 1993 actually. But it was nice of CaBisonFan to dig up the lone dome win for your enjoyment.

If you would do some searching for some Sioux losses on YouTube I'd be more than happy to host them under my favorites...:cool:

aces1180
08-30-2009, 01:10 PM
So, that won't happen again? I bet if you do, you will be asked to leave. I loved the Sioux Suck sign also, but I think you are right, it's over.

Heck, during the last home Bison-Sioux game at the dome in 2002, I had to turn my "Sioux Suck" t-shirt inside out to avoid be kicked out of the stadium...In today's world, if you wore that shirt or brought that sign to the Dome, you would probably be added to a terrorist watch list.

It's a PC world...How fun!

CaBisonFan
08-30-2009, 01:21 PM

I've done some searching of my own for Sioux games, hosted by a Sioux fan, where the Sioux lose a game. Could you help me out Shawn-O?

bisonmike2
08-30-2009, 01:27 PM

I think everyone here knows about the long stretches where we dominated each other. We had the eighties, you guys had the 90's. The real difference is during our stretch we also decided to win multiple national championships. :)

Shawn-O
08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I've done some searching of my own for Sioux games, hosted by a Sioux fan, where the Sioux lose a game. Could you help me out Shawn-O?

Hey, you let the Pierk TD sneak through, that's gonna have to be good enough. Maybe I'll put out the word to DaveK, I know he's got the footage. Let's find out!
:D

TransAmBison
08-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Heck, during the last home Bison-Sioux game at the dome in 2002, I had to turn my "Sioux Suck" t-shirt inside out to avoid be kicked out of the stadium...In today's world, if you wore that shirt or brought that sign to the Dome, you would probably be added to a terrorist watch list.

Same for me...trouble is it kept turning back the right way. Must have been a defective shirt or something. :D

bisonmike2
08-30-2009, 02:20 PM

Thats if you can even get the shirt made anymore. I remember in 03 or 04 I went to 3 different t-shirt screen printing shots to make a Sioux Suck shirt and all declined. But yes I agree that you would be put on the terrorist watch list if you tried wearing a shirt like that nowadays.

TransAmBison
08-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Thats if you can even get the shirt made anymore. I remember in 03 or 04 I went to 3 different t-shirt screen printing shots to make a Sioux Suck shirt and all declined. But yes I agree that you would be put on the terrorist watch list if you tried wearing a shirt like that nowadays.
Oh, the shirt can be made. The shirt can be made. Some may even still have a silk-screen template held in reserve just waiting for the right time.

aces1180
08-30-2009, 10:07 PM

I still have mine...It was hanging on my wall in the basement, but my wife asked me to take it down while we try and sell our home.

I love that shirt.

UTH
08-30-2009, 11:35 PM

Stereotypes save time.:nod:

CaBisonFan
08-31-2009, 12:31 AM
Hey, you let the Pierk TD sneak through, that's gonna have to be good enough. Maybe I'll put out the word to DaveK, I know he's got the footage. Let's find out!
:D

The 'who' touchdown? Never heard of him. These are Bison highlights Shawn-O...but in all frankness...the Sioux highlights are hard to find...even when the Sioux won. It's really hard to fit the Bison highlights into ten minutes during most of these games. I could easily make two for each game.

CaBisonFan
08-31-2009, 12:33 AM

Somebody call motherland security. Are you serious? No one will make a classic shirt like this? Could we find more ways to make the game environment more sterile?

Shawn-O
08-31-2009, 12:45 AM
The 'who' touchdown? Never heard of him. These are Bison highlights Shawn-O...but in all frankness...the Sioux highlights are hard to find...even when the Sioux won. It's really hard to fit the Bison highlights into ten minutes during most of these games. I could easily make two for each game.

You take the time to break it down and upload it to YouTube, so yeah, I think you've heard of him. Pretty good for a team that's in your "rear view". :bong: :cheers:

Shawn-O
08-31-2009, 12:47 AM
The 'who' touchdown? ..but in all frankness...the Sioux highlights are hard to find...even when the Sioux won.

Something tells me I could help with that. NFL Films took care of '95, so we don't need to worry about that one.

HerdBot
08-31-2009, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bFZiZycvhE

Looks like the camera's WDAY were using 8 years ago are just as good as the ones KVLY uses now. Better production work by WDAY.

Gully
08-31-2009, 01:17 AM
Something tells me I could help with that. NFL Films took care of '95, so we don't need to worry about that one.

But then we'd have to add the playoff game from that year.:D

CaBisonFan
08-31-2009, 01:21 AM

I haven't done a Bison NFL/CFL YouTube site. That's a great idea! Wonder if Stacy Robinson, Steve Nelson, Phil Hansen, Tyrone Braxton videos can be found. Probably missed a few. Some Bentrim CFL videos would be really cool...and there's another from the CFL. Can't remember the name right now.

Blocking highlights. Hmmmm

HerdBot
08-31-2009, 05:59 AM

I could play catch with my son and NFL Films would make it look like it was some epic moment.

4mcruenomore
09-01-2009, 03:16 AM
Are all of those Sioux victories by 30 points over the Bison on youtube yet? I bet there are so many of them they won't let you put them all up there at once. Damn the Sioux are good, total and complete domination. I mean, seriously.

CaBisonFan
09-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Are all of those Sioux victories by 30 points over the Bison on youtube yet? I bet there are so many of them they won't let you put them all up there at once. Damn the Sioux are good, total and complete domination. I mean, seriously.

If somebody gave me the videos of the Sioux wins in the 90s I could probably fit the highlights into one YouTube video (limit is 10 minutes)...that is...if I included the pre-game show and the final credits. They're more like...'who didn't lose' games.