SIU
UNI
YOUNGSTOWN
MONTANA
MONTANA ST
UC DAVIS
UC POLY

How's that?? sweet huh.

or add Wyoming instead of the 2 california schools!

onbison09
08-28-2009, 03:15 PM
How is that going to work? They're all going to move up at once.

coldspot
08-28-2009, 03:46 PM
or instead of wyoming or the cali schools.......we get und and usd to tag along.

just stirring the pot.
its been a boring friday morning so far, need some quality entertainment.

Herd
08-29-2009, 05:04 AM
A dream conference would give you national recognition. This conference is a far cry from a dream conference.

A dream conference would be joining a Mountain West Conference if the MWC had an autobid to the BCS championship. That would make your dream conference look like small potatoes my man.

Joining a top 10 national conference and making a run at winning that conference championship with the shot at a January Bowl would be a dream. Your conference is a 10 minute nap. "Yawwwn"

tjbison
08-29-2009, 05:21 AM
NDSU
SDSU
SIU
UNI
YOUNGSTOWN
MONTANA
MONTANA ST
UC DAVIS
UC POLY

How's that?? sweet huh.

or add Wyoming instead of the 2 california schools!

who is UC Poly????? oh you mean California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo! aka- CAL-POLY???;) :D

Gully
08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Wac Attack!!!!!!!!!

unbison
08-29-2009, 01:07 PM
dont you guys feel they should have some success at fcs level before they think about moving up?

tjbison
08-29-2009, 01:16 PM
dont you guys feel they should have some success at fcs level before they think about moving up?

what? nooo!!! that would make sense unbison, we are way too good for the FCS we just need more schollys:p

Sarcasm is pretty high

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2009, 03:36 PM

SH**

....way to bring us down to reality........sigh!!!

I hope it happens someday!!

GO BISON

Herd
08-29-2009, 05:18 PM

Aparently you missed the word dream, althought it was right there. I try to dream big. A Dream conference has nothing to do with today's success in FCS. If you want to start a Reality Conference thread of your favorite Reality Teams, fire it up. You might want to stay out of this dream discussion if you are uncomfortable with it.

ndsubison1
08-29-2009, 05:23 PM
wyoming leaving the MWC for a conference like that is hysterical, im sure poke fans are laughing at you right now lakes :rofl:

and montana will not leave the Big Sky unless they were able to join the WAC or MWC... and I am willing to bet both Montana schools will join a FBS conference before we will, or they will at least be looked at before us

Gully
08-29-2009, 07:14 PM

not necessarily...remember we were pretty bad toward the end of the DII days....that's what people were saying then...shouldn't we win big again before moving up. Not that any of that guarantees success, it just shows that it's not a prereq.

Anyone that's traveled to Wyoming or Central Michigan knows that NDSU can take it up one more level.

ndsubison1
08-29-2009, 09:30 PM
HUGE difference between FBS and FCS then FCS and D2... i agree with unbison, lets have some success and establish ourselves in FCS first before we start talking about our dreams of being FBS

North Side
08-29-2009, 10:36 PM
With the Sunbelt coming into FBS. It makes the FBS look "weaker". I am sure App. St. Montana NDSU ect. Other legit established FCS programs could easily play against any team in the Sun Belt. I really don't think there should be any moving up to FBS. Pretty soon it will become basically like college basketball and Indiana St. will be the new NJIT. That said I would love to see NDSU play in the FBS but i dont think they deserve to be there.

Gully
08-29-2009, 10:47 PM
HUGE difference between FBS and FCS then FCS and D2... i agree with unbison, lets have some success and establish ourselves in FCS first before we start talking about our dreams of being FBS

I don't think so, see as exhibit A our success/competitiveness against entrenched FBS schools. Imagine what we could do with another 20 schollies or so.

Success or not, what will determine it is $$$$$$$$$$ donated. If the money comes, it will happen.

Herd
08-29-2009, 11:36 PM

Where have you been? The top of DII 36 beats the low end of FCS 63, the best in FCS beat the low end of FBS 85. There is not huge difference, just a little less depth. Not sure what rock you've been hiding under with comments like that.

Tatanka
08-30-2009, 01:56 AM
I agree 100% this is a "dream" conference for NDSU.

It's just a bad dream.

DjKyRo
08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
I guess our *dream* conference would be simply replacing Northwestern in the Big Ten. Or replacing Baylor in the Big XII. What Lakes originally listed is a nice goal for the mid-term future, but in terms of dreams, we might as well aim for the sky.

Tatanka
08-31-2009, 06:16 PM
we might as well aim for the sky.

The Big Sky? :eek:

I kid, I kid. :D

HuskerFan
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Big 12

North:
Nebraska
NDSU
Missouri
Kansas
SDSU
Colorado

*Iowa St moves to the Big10/11

South:
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
Oklahoma St.
Kansas St

*Baylor gets kicked out, because......their Baylor

Twentysix
09-01-2009, 12:08 AM
* it NDSU bison next NFL expansion team.

Of course wed have to drop the school affilliation.

:-P dreamers lol.

tony
09-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Big 12

North:
Nebraska
NDSU
Missouri
Kansas
SDSU
Colorado

*Iowa St moves to the Big10/11

South:
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
Oklahoma St.
Kansas St

*Baylor gets kicked out, because......their Baylor

Now there's a dream conference! I'd prefer that the Big 12 just go to 14 rather than lose anybody though :)

A one-sport conference that costs two to three times as much as the FCS but in which we play the same teams that we could in FCS is not a dream conference. An all-sports conference with FBS+BCS is a dream conference.

HuskerFan
09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Now there's a dream conference! I'd prefer that the Big 12 just go to 14 rather than lose anybody though :)

A one-sport conference that costs two to three times as much as the FCS but in which we play the same teams that we could in FCS is not a dream conference. An all-sports conference with FBS+BCS is a dream conference.

I do remember reading someplace that the Big 12 could expand to 14, if they wanted to go that route. I think it would be awesome to have NDSU and SDSU in the Big 12. Then the conference can have 12 teams for baseball again.....instead of 10.

TheBisonator
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I do remember reading someplace that the Big 12 could expand to 14, if they wanted to go that route. I think it would be awesome to have NDSU and SDSU in the Big 12. Then the conference can have 12 teams for baseball again.....instead of 10.

I would at least like to see NDSU, SDSU and UNI invited to the Big XII for wrestling.