PDA

View Full Version : 86 Semi-Final vs Central of Ohio - Up & Runnin'

CaBisonFan
08-28-2009, 01:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcZDSmnNzk&feature=channel_page

EmeraldCityBison
08-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Awesome!

Anyone know if that playoff game in Grand Forks from 1995 was televised? I'd love to see that "middle dribble" again!

4mcruenomore
08-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Bentrim rules. People that think this '86 team couldn't ruin some I-AA teams of that year are crazy.

CaBisonFan
08-28-2009, 03:06 AM
Bentrim rules. People that think this '86 team couldn't ruin some I-AA teams of that year are crazy.

This team would have given a lot of FBS teams nightmares. Maybe not the extremely elite programs, but a whole lot of the others.

sambini
08-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Thanks CA that team was Awesome++++

IzzyFlexion
08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
My God, how about the size of their right tackle, Taurus Robinson. I'm gonna say 6' 5" 375?? What a monstor!

cvbison1
08-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Awesome!

Anyone know if that playoff game in Grand Forks from 1995 was televised? I'd love to see that "middle dribble" again!

i'm almost positive it was because i remember watching the tape of it many times when i was younger. Feeney owned the knuckleheads that day.

41-10 wasn't it?

Kevin
08-28-2009, 10:53 PM
i'm almost positive it was because i remember watching the tape of it many times when i was younger. Feeney owned the knuckleheads that day.

41-10 wasn't it?

Is that the game where Morris was playing with a broken nose?

CaBisonFan
08-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Is that the game where Morris was playing with a broken nose?

I watched the pregame and most of the game, and didn't hear mention of that...but I don't really know.

Kevin
08-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I watched the pregame and most of the game, and didn't hear mention of that...but I don't really know.

I was young at the time (11) so it's a foggy for me but the Feeney era was when I became a die hard fan. I seem to remember one of those Sioux games old #25 went in with a special facemask/visor because of a severely broken nose and just put up a hell of a performance. IMO he's one of the most underrated players of the NDSU tradition as he was over shadowed by Lamar Gordon.

CaBisonFan
08-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I was young at the time (11) so it's a foggy for me but the Feeney era was when I became a die hard fan. I seem to remember one of those Sioux games old #25 went in with a special facemask/visor because of a severely broken nose and just put up a hell of a performance. IMO he's one of the most underrated players of the NDSU tradition as he was over shadowed by Lamar Gordon.

Whoops....I got confused with which game was being discussed. My bad. I never got to see Morris very much. Got any video of him playing???:D

Kevin
08-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah sorry for hijacking your thread there, CA. Excellent video by the way. This is the first some of us have been able to see Bentrim and company, really impressive.

I don't have any video from the Feeney era but I may know someone who does. I'll see if we can't get it online.

bisonwest
08-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Great video! Wasn't this the game where the players for the other team came marching on to the field tipping their helmets to the Bison fans?

CaBisonFan
08-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah sorry for hijacking your thread there, CA. Excellent video by the way. This is the first some of us have been able to see Bentrim and company, really impressive.

I don't have any video from the Feeney era but I may know someone who does. I'll see if we can't get it online.

No problem. To me...the Feeney era has gotten lost in the shuffle a bit. It'd be great to get some videos on YouTube of him playing quarterback.

Bentrim & Co. were about consistency...and their love for the game...and the fans loved watching them mow teams down with ball control and salty defense.

HerdBot
08-29-2009, 04:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcZDSmnNzk&feature=channel_page

Love seeing coverage of home playoff games. The energy in that place was great! When you walk by Dacotah Field now it's hard to believe how exciting the field once was.

semobison
08-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Great memories! I didnt miss a home game from 83 until who knows! It was cold that dat day! Went out to the parking lot for a brew at halftime and my beer was frozen! Good thing I had some Schnaps. Yeah, that was the game Central State came out holding their helmets in the air. By the third quarter they we all huddled by the heaters!

Purple Jalepeno
08-31-2009, 02:11 AM
You guys seem to REALLY like reliving the past on here. I don't think things are that bad that you have to bring those lower level championships up all of the time, are they? I congratulate you guys for winning those championships. We haven't won any at UNI. But I come on here to talk current FCS football and half way expect to see a reiview of the latest Archie Bunker show!

56BISON73
08-31-2009, 02:14 AM
You guys seem to REALLY like reliving the past on here. I don't think things are that bad that you have to bring those lower level championships up all of the time, are they? I congratulate you guys for winning those championships. We haven't won any at UNI. But I come on here to talk current FCS football and half way expect to see a reiview of the latest Archie Bunker show!

Then find the appropriate thread where that is being discussed. Look at the TITLE of this thread. That should give you a freaking clue. :banghead:
86 Semi-Final vs Central of Ohio - Up & Runnin'

Does it say ANYWHERE in that title that this thread is about CURRENT FCS football.

tjbison
08-31-2009, 02:17 AM

Explain what is wrong with a Fan posting old videos of some seriously good football games for us to re watch and talk about????? Win a NC in Cedar Falls then you can also do it!!

Purple Jalepeno
08-31-2009, 02:24 AM
You seem a bit defensive about spending so much time reliving the past. I am just trying to understand what makes a Bison fan tick. I think I found it. The past.

56BISON73
08-31-2009, 02:25 AM
You seem a bit defensive about spending so much time reliving the past. I am just trying to understand what makes a Bison fan tick. I think I found it. The past.

At least we have a past.

tjbison
08-31-2009, 02:25 AM

And lately on here being a dick is what makes a Panther fan tick, thats what we have found

CaBisonFan
08-31-2009, 02:28 AM
And lately on here being a dick is what makes a Panther fan tick, thats what we have found

Comes with the standard package.

BisManBison
08-31-2009, 02:47 AM
Playing the 3-4 defense back then. Love it!

Purple Jalepeno
08-31-2009, 02:53 AM
I am on here to talk football. Not here to start any trouble. Do you guys want to claim Lakebison or whatever his name is? I would think you wouldn't lump everyone together from the same school and think they are all the same just becaue of that yahoo! That guy is piece of work. If that were the case I am certain you guys would lose. I won't bring up the past anymore, or your love of the past.

Purple Jalepeno
08-31-2009, 02:55 AM

At least we have dicks.

Sorry, coudn't let that go....

tjbison
08-31-2009, 02:57 AM
At least we LIKE dicks.

Thats what you meant right??

56BISON73
08-31-2009, 03:16 AM
At least we have dicks.

So youve been checking them out have you?????? May be if you played like you have them you would have won a National Championship by now. At any level.:D

56BISON73
08-31-2009, 03:22 AM
I am on here to talk football. Not here to start any trouble. Do you guys want to claim Lakebison or whatever his name is? I would think you wouldn't lump everyone together from the same school and think they are all the same just becaue of that yahoo! That guy is piece of work. If that were the case I am certain you guys would lose. I won't bring up the past anymore, or your love of the past.

Then find the appropriate thread to do so. If you are really that stupid Iam sure we can help direct you to the appropriate thread that you are searching for.

No we really dont. He doesnt represent the majority of Bison fans. Just as we dont think every UNI fan is like you.:D

Purple Jalepeno
08-31-2009, 03:24 AM
So youve been checking them out have you?????? May be if you played like you have them you would have won a National Championship by now. At any level.:D

We have been saving our virginity for that DI Championship. I have heard they are a bit harder to get than their little sister DII and a lot more satisfying. :D :D

Purple Jalepeno
08-31-2009, 03:29 AM
Then find the appropriate thread to do so. If you are really that stupid Iam sure we can help direct you to the appropriate thread that you are searching for.

No we really dont. He doesnt represent the majority of Bison fans. Just as we dont think every UNI fan is like you.:D

I don't know how to take that exactly? Are you saying I am a behaved UNI fan or misbehaved UNI fan? Who took one of my little green things away?

tjbison
08-31-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't know how to take that exactly? Are you saying I am a behaved UNI fan or misbehaved UNI fan? Who took one of my little green things away?

if it turns red then you have reached the same status of most other UNI fans, but you have a long ways to go to get to gottearnit

Purple Jalepeno
08-31-2009, 03:43 AM
Is gottearnit from UNI?

56BISON73
08-31-2009, 03:54 AM

Im not surprised that you cant figure it out as you still havent been able to figure out whch thread to go to so you can talk Current FCS football.
As a matter of fact Im surprised you figured out how to turn on the computer.