PDA

View Full Version : DJ - Jack of all trades

Superfan
08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Great article on inforum about DJ McNorton.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/250918/

“Whatever they ask me to do,” McNorton said, “and I’m pretty much wanting to do it and I have a lot of fun doing it.”

That is so awesome to hear! How often do you hear about kids transfering because the coaches want to move them to a different position. DJ is a great althlete and a great guy! I'm very proud to call him a Bison and I can't wait to see him in action. 8 days, 10 hours, and 5 minutes to kickoff!

Kermit
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't expect DJ to switch positions (he was rotating with Paschall in practice yesterday), but I do expect offense to use him in a variety of ways, perhaps ala Reggie Bush with the Saints.

HandoEX
08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
He lined up split late last year didn't he? He's going to be an exciting player this year to say the least!

bisontwice
08-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I agree with Kermit, great attitude, great kid. Nice to see the team coming first and not I,I I before we. Should do well, a playmaker.

bisonmike2
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Great idea. I think DJ works best in the open field and spliting him out could put him 1 on 1 with a DB.

OrygunBison
08-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Great idea. I think DJ works best in the open field and spliting him out could put him 1 on 1 with a DB.

Yeah, hopefully more open field play will help curb his habit of doing the Texas TwoStep when going through a hole in the defense. That was very frustrating for me to watch last year. It is particularly frustrating when I can see the talent that he possesses. Yes, he is a great athlete indeed. I hope this puts him in a better position to perform. Sorry, I guess I'm just not on the DJ bandwagon yet. He frustrates me about as much as Mertens does some of you. (Well, maybe not that much...)

Likely, I am all wrong about him and a little maturity will greatly expand his vision on the field and his readiness to run North-South.

bisontwice
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Running 40 power is a challenge for a young back, needs patience and belief that the hole is going to be there. I think he will get it.

Jdubs21
08-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Love that kinda attitude!!!

Scooter1
08-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Great attitute!

Does anyone have an update on the status of his mother?

4mcruenomore
08-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Refresh my memory, didn't DJ start as Runningback vs. Youngstown? How did that turn out, I can't remember.

EndZoneQB
08-28-2009, 04:13 AM
Refresh my memory, didn't DJ start as Runningback vs. Youngstown? How did that turn out, I can't remember.

Don't remember specifics, but he was very hesitant to hit holes hard last year, so I would say not that great??

4mcruenomore
08-28-2009, 04:41 AM
I'm pretty sure he sucked. Didn't we have to get a very hurt Tyler back in the game to salvage half of the game? Correct me if I'm wrong. So, how is DJ really gonna do this year?