PDA

View Full Version : Brent Vigen on The Fan at 12:15

The Lost Dutchman
08-25-2009, 03:02 PM
He'll obviously be discussing the wide receieving concerns and the upcoming matchup with Iowa St.

tony
08-25-2009, 05:09 PM
/bump diddly bump

Almost time....

HandoEX
08-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Anyone want to share a recap for those of us that missed it?

tony
08-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Love too but it cut out on my about 20 seconds in. All I got was the casual fan rundown: Dante was hurt, Mohler is out, Mertens had a good week of practice and they're preparing for ISU.

IzzyFlexion
08-25-2009, 06:44 PM

Come in Fargo.....
Do you read me?
I, too, am interested in a recap.

SDbison
08-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Love too but it cut out on my about 20 seconds in. All I got was the casual fan rundown: Dante was hurt, Mohler is out, Mertens had a good week of practice and they're preparing for ISU.
I had the same problem with cutting out so I tried several times restarting the audio only to get it going and then get interupted with work stuff.
What I did hear is that it sounds like Voitlander will be starting at FB and Hushka will be the backup. Looking at the roster both guys are 6'0", but Hushka is 242lb and Voitlander is only 215lb. Of course Voitlander has more experience and he has good hands for catching the ball. Just concerned how well he will do on lead blocking against bigger players. Wouldn't it better to have more weight as a blocking fullback?

IzzyFlexion
08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
I had the same problem with cutting out so I tried several times restarting the audio only to get it going and then get interupted with work stuff.
What I did hear is that it sounds like Voitlander will be starting at FB and Hushka will be the backup. Looking at the roster both guys are 6'0", but Hushka is 242lb and Voitlander is only 215lb. Of course Voitlander has more experience and he has good hands for catching the ball. Just concerned how well he will do on lead blocking against bigger players. Wouldn't it better to have more weight as a blocking fullback?

Indeed! Vandal's physique and strength made him the perfect backfill for the graduated Jangula. I do like the idea of Voightlander in terms of his experience and familiarity with the O. And, he's a fierce athlete which I hope will make up for his lower body weight.

The Lost Dutchman
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Try this, http://216.117.157.184/740thefan/uploads/Brent%20Vigen.mp3.

bisontwice
08-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I think Hushka is starting and Voigtlander playing TB/FB. Sounds like Mertens is improved but being pushed.

tony
08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
I think Hushka is starting and Voigtlander playing TB/FB. Sounds like Mertens is improved but being pushed.

I didn't catch the bit about Hushka starting but he definitely agreed with BisonNeil and others that in-team competition is helping Mertens improve.

Sounds like Ojuri will redshirt since Coach Vigen said running back depth chart stands at Paschall, DJ, and Voitlander.

lakesbison
08-25-2009, 08:27 PM
i heard a cris carter guy email in with a good question to vigen.

will ndsu run 2 rb's and split them, thus allowing merten's 2 dump pass choices on pretty much every passing play??

its a shame only 5 people listen to hammer, put vigen or bohl on kfgo/wday and they woulda got 25 questions.

p.s- vigen said MERTENS is Starting.

and YES, Vigen said "great question .... 2 split backs will be happening with our offense this fall"

bisonmike2
08-25-2009, 08:45 PM

will ndsu run 2 rb's and split them, thus allowing merten's 2 dump pass choices on pretty much every passing play??

its a shame only 5 people listen to hammer, put vigen or bohl on kfgo/wday and they woulda got 25 questions.

so did he say they were going to run some pro-style set like that?

GOB1SON
08-25-2009, 08:57 PM

and YES, Vigen said "great question .... 2 split backs will be happening with our offense this fall"

WOW. Cris Carter. I wonder if it was the real Cris Carter or perhaps someone with a Cris Carter email? Does anybody know someone with a Cris Carter email?

And I agree. You don't need a big FB in the west coast. The FB and QB need to understand each other and be able to pick up blitzes, etc...

I am looking forward to have Voigt in there with PP and DJ. What an option! He could break a play or two from the FB position.

Oh and he absolutely did not say that Mertens was starting, but it sure sounded like it was a done deal.

westnodak93bison
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
he basically said Hushka(great name by the way :) ) and Voitlander have different skills and will be used differently at FB and that DJ may be used in some other ways to get him on the field like WR etc.

EndZoneQB
08-25-2009, 09:48 PM
It sounded to me that Mertens would be starting, especially since Perez got hurt. The way he talked about Perez it almost seemed like they really were expecting him to be starting, or atleast making it a tight race. If he has a great week, I wouldn't be surprised to see him making the jump over Mertens, just judging by Vigens words.

westnodak93bison
08-25-2009, 10:18 PM
It sounded to me that Mertens would be starting, especially since Perez got hurt. The way he talked about Perez it almost seemed like they really were expecting him to be starting, or atleast making it a tight race. If he has a great week, I wouldn't be surprised to see him making the jump over Mertens, just judging by Vigens words.

yeah, I kind of got that impression as well. He also mentioned that Dante and Jose were neck and neck.

Lamar who
08-26-2009, 01:13 AM

So you are saying Hammer has four more listeners than Fox TV has viewers.

lakesbison
08-26-2009, 06:06 AM
yea, no one watched that Vikings preseason game last friday.

28.5 rating in neilson's. you lose.

TransAmBison
08-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Cris Carter email? Hmmm, I remember a guy who had that email...his handle on bisonville was IH8DASIOUX or something like that. Whatever happened to that guy? :D

Lamar who
08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
yea, no one watched that Vikings preseason game last friday.

28.5 rating in neilson's. you lose.

How about your local newscasts? How did you get such quick results by the way on the Vikings when the local television stations are not in sweeps? I thought they only did it twice a year in the F-M market.

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Cris Carter email? Hmmm, I remember a guy who had that email...his handle on bisonville was IH8DASIOUX or something like that. Whatever happened to that guy? :D

There's gotta be a sit-com or something that comes from all of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just sorry that I wasn't around to witness and chronicle the first few episodes.

lakesbison
08-26-2009, 04:36 PM
lamar . sorry man.

news at 9 - 6
wday - 7
KVLY - 8
KX4 - 2

not bad huh? compare prices and find out that your paying almost DOUBLE for Wday & KVLY.