PDA

View Full Version : ISU game on IOWA cable *mediacom*

lakesbison
08-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Ok, im starting to get angry.

if IOWA can show the ISU-NDSU game statewide on "mediacom" .

why cant CABLEONE or MID CONTINENT get off their lazy asses and make a phone call and put the game on some obscure cable channel and sell 100 ads at $50/ad to cover the $5000 re-broadcast fee?

EVERY FBS game involving NDSU should be put on tv in north dakota/minnesota!!

westnodak93bison
08-25-2009, 01:02 PM
tough marketing I suppose, hard enough to sell ads these days due to the economy maybe?

Superfan
08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Then damn it they're not TRUE BISON FANS! ;)

Tatanka
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Ok, im starting to get angry.

if IOWA can show the ISU-NDSU game statewide on "mediacom" .

why cant CABLEONE or MID CONTINENT get off their lazy asses and make a phone call and put the game on some obscure cable channel and sell 100 ads at $50/ad to cover the $5000 re-broadcast fee?

EVERY FBS game involving NDSU should be put on tv in north dakota/minnesota!!

Game can't be televised outside of Iowa due to contract.

Now I agree, that's a crappy contract, but that's how it is, I guess.

HandoEX
08-25-2009, 01:39 PM

It's a Big 12 thing according to gobison.com

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204776594

Superfan
08-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Actually I agree with Lakes on this one...ababhoablaaalbaba *shaking head vigorously* wow that's hard to spit out. But really...NDSU football has to be one of the easiest sells for advertising in the FM area. That's my $0.02.

edit: sorry...started writing this about a half hour ago before a conference call and posted without seeing the information divulged from Tatanka and Co.

mebisonII
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have cable, but I'll see if I can get a friend who does to Tivo this for us.

Tatanka
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
All we need is a freaking Slingbox, and someone that lives in Iowa that can figure out how to hook it up (and has teh Intarweb). Good luck with the second one.

aces1180
08-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Just have to watch it via the Web cast...Most bars in Fargo are used to it anyway, so no big deal. Disappointing its not available on TV, but its better than listening to the radio like I did last year when we played at Wyoming.

Bison"FANatic"
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
The thing I find interesting is didn't ISU move the game to Thursday so they could have more TV exposure. I guess when you are the doormat of the Big 12 you are not very high on the list of national TV stations looking to pick up the game.

bisonmike2
08-25-2009, 02:51 PM

Yep, it's a big 12 contract that specifically deals with the crappier teams in the Big 12, mainly Baylor and ISU.

Section 18 Article 5
"All ISU and Baylor home games against FCS opponents are not to be televised out of state. This is a precautionary exercise to limit the exposure of an embarrassing blow out loss to the teams local area."

SDbison
08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Yep, it's a big 12 contract that specifically deals with the crappier teams in the Big 12, mainly Baylor and ISU.

Section 18 Article 5
"All ISU and Baylor home games against FCS opponents are not to be televised out of state. This is a precautionary exercise to limit the exposure of an embarrassing blow out loss to the teams local area."
Very funny bisonmike2........
Actually there is likely some truth this post. For example, If ESPN or ESPN2 approached the big 12 about a game of its top teams from the previous season against another conferences top team I bet the big 12 would allow it to be broadcast. What a joke.

Hammersmith
08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Very funny bisonmike2........
Actually there is likely some truth this post. For example, If ESPN or ESPN2 approached the big 12 about a game of its top teams from the previous season against another conferences top team I bet the big 12 would allow it to be broadcast. What a joke.

That's not really what happened here. The Big 12 seems to allow any game to be televised as long as it's by a national network. If no national network is willing to broadcast it, then it can only be televised in the home state. Had ESPN or one of the Foxes wanted this game, the Big 12 wouldn't have had a problem with it. Those networks didn't, so we get screwed.

Actually, this makes me wonder if the Big 12 has a contract with Fox Sports that grants Fox partial or full television rights outside of the home state. It was when Fox College Sports decided not to broadcast the game that the Big 12 said no out of state TV would be allowed. It could very well be Fox that's being the d--ks here.

cyguy
08-25-2009, 03:52 PM
The thing I find interesting is didn't ISU move the game to Thursday so they could have more TV exposure. I guess when you are the doormat of the Big 12 you are not very high on the list of national TV stations looking to pick up the game.

Sort of...the opening games the past 3 seasons has been on Thursday before gauranteeing anything with TV. The primary reason appears to be to accomodate the students since many travel home for the Holiday weekend. Of course, there are a fair number of families that have long drives that cannot make it on a week night. I enjoy it, it's a good way to get kicked off a couple of days early.

Herd
08-25-2009, 10:38 PM
I just assumed that the clones wanted as few people as possible (other than their own fans) to watch as they lose to an FCS school.

EndZoneQB
08-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Actually, this makes me wonder if the Big 12 has a contract with Fox Sports that grants Fox partial or full television rights outside of the home state. It was when Fox College Sports decided not to broadcast the game that the Big 12 said no out of state TV would be allowed. It could very well be Fox that's being the d--ks here.

There's a reason there are Big 12 games on every saturday on FSN...

MHDBisonfan
08-26-2009, 01:18 AM
anyone heard if this game may possibly show up on "channelsurfing"?

sdsupride
08-29-2009, 02:08 AM
Accourding to this link from ISU http://www.cyclones.com/pdf5/638599.pdf the game will be shown in Mediacom communities in IA, IL, MN, SD, and WI. Everyone at SDSU can watch the game, but no one in ND can...

Tatanka
08-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Accourding to this link from ISU http://www.cyclones.com/pdf5/638599.pdf the game will be shown Mediacom communities in IA, IL, MN, SD, and WI. Everyone at SDSU can watch the game, but no one in ND can...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/FlatlineDesignz/mosh_girl_boy_FAIL.jpg

Holy shit, do I hate teh Iowa.

DIGRAPPLER
08-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Just a thought here. From my hometown of Barneville it is 63.5 miles to Wheaton, MN which is listed on the mediacom list from IState. There has to be a bar in Wheaton that has cable?? I wasn't familiar with a lot of those towns, but there may be one even closer! This might just work!

HerdBot
08-29-2009, 03:58 AM
Accourding to this link from ISU http://www.cyclones.com/pdf5/638599.pdf the game will be shown in Mediacom communities in IA, IL, MN, SD, and WI. Everyone at SDSU can watch the game, but no one in ND can...

From a recruiting standpoint that is great coverage because we recruit every single one of those areas and we need more coverage in Iowa and Illinois. This team has a chance to inspire plenty of future Bison! Let's go out and show them what Bison football is all about and sneak out of there with a close win!

missingnumber7
08-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Damn...they need to broadcast it in IN.

MinnesotaSooner
08-31-2009, 03:42 AM
I'll be watching in Prior Lake, MN. TC suburbs w/ Mediacom cable will have it.

WDAY - Quit lying when you say it's not on TV - I'll be watching it. Fools.

Good Luck Bison.