PDA

View Full Version : West side of the dome

HerdBot
08-24-2009, 05:32 AM
The west side of the dome is starting to look run down. The overhang has dripping rust spots on it and it's bare with no signs. It looks really boring and generic for such a nice building. The dome can do better.

Why not throw some NDSU flags on the top? Maybe dress it up a bit. Put some green/gold signs up. Better yet, why not paint the over hang green & gold and put up some signs. Or if we really want to be cool, we could put a video screen on top of it so tailgators can watch the game! This would really complement the east side and the phenomenal entrance.

bisonmike2
08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
The west side of the dome is starting to look run down. The overhang has dripping rust spots on it and it's bare with no signs. It looks really boring and generic for such a nice building. The dome can do better.

Why not throw some NDSU flags on the top? Maybe dress it up a bit. Put some green/gold signs up. Better yet, why not paint the over hang green & gold and put up some signs. Or if we really want to be cool, we could put a video screen on top of it so tailgators can watch the game! This would really complement the east side and the phenomenal entrance.

I wish they would do something with that side. It is so generic and on game days it's the side that sees the most action with the tailgating lot right there. And yes, video boards on the outside of the dome would be cool.

roadwarrior
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
They have not finished the west side for some reason. The canopies that were built over the sidewalks on all sides were added after the dome was built. The north and east sides are finished. The south and west sides are not finished.

HerdBot
08-25-2009, 03:48 AM
They have not finished the west side for some reason. The canopies that were built over the sidewalks on all sides were added after the dome was built. The north and east sides are finished. The south and west sides are not finished.

Do we know if they have any plans to finish it? It's a good opportunity to make the dome feel like a "home."

roper1313
08-25-2009, 02:37 PM

Maybe because the South and West have always been thought of as the most logical place for an expansion. Obviously that's the case for the South, but maybe there is some work planned for the West if the expansion ever gets funding.

Just a thought.

Hammersmith
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Wasn't the west side considered for that hockey arena proposal that failed badly many years back?

Maybe the west side can be finished as part of the BB arena project(fingers crossed).

imabison
08-25-2009, 11:19 PM

I once several years ago mentioned to Simmers that there should be a huge banner on the west side of the dome. "Its Bison Gameday" something like that his response, that would cost money. End of discussion.

HerdBot
08-26-2009, 12:50 AM
I once several years ago mentioned to Simmers that there should be a huge banner on the west side of the dome. "Its Bison Gameday" something like that his response, that would cost money. End of discussion.

It takes money to make money, right? That's why we all pay teammakers dues.

56BISON73
08-26-2009, 02:34 AM
It takes money to make money, right? That's why we all pay teammakers dues.

But there is also no reason to waste money. Just because you are spending money doesnt mean you are going to make any.

HerdBot
08-26-2009, 06:59 AM
But there is also no reason to waste money. Just because you are spending money doesnt mean you are going to make any.

I don't think it's wasting money. I think it's similar to the video screens they put up in the dome. It improved the experience. By improving the tailgating lot, it will lead to more tailgating and improve the overall gameday experience. That will help sell tickets and reserved tailgating passes. It would help with image as well. I do agree there are more important things to spend the money on but one would think it wouldn't cost much to throw some NDSU flags on top.

I still want to know why the dome hasn't finished it yet. It's not like it's a new building.