PDA

View Full Version : 8/22/09 scrimmage

westnodak93bison
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I think there was a scrimmage today? Closed to the media etc. but has there been any "leaked" info?

tony
08-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Here's the official release: http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204779709

BisoninNWMN
08-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Sounds like the defense and running game did a good job.

Looks like some true fresh will not be getting redshirts.

A1pigskin
08-23-2009, 12:47 PM

I heard the samething.

rutlandbison
08-23-2009, 04:40 PM

Ojuri and Sigers sound like beasts.

Herd
08-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Sending the message . . . "If you are good enough you will play right away" . . . is the right message for future recruiting. That's why we were so good in the mid-80's.

17>1
08-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Anyone else think that maybe Ojuri and Sigers were getting the majority of carries in this scrimmage ? Getting numbers in a recap of our 4th and 5th running backs seems to make it seem that way. What really gets me excited is to think that some of these redshirts and true freshmen are ready to play and to where they'll be as juniors and seniors.

westnodak93bison
08-23-2009, 09:02 PM
serious question, are Ojuri and Sigers better than PP, DJ and Voigtlander?

MOTBison
08-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I doubt it but, only time will tell.

17>1
08-23-2009, 09:11 PM
If the answer is yes, then our RB group is in very very good shape for awhile.

ndsubison1
08-23-2009, 09:31 PM
boy our RB group is loaded

westnodak93bison
08-23-2009, 11:05 PM
What are the chances Ojuri and/or Sigers have their redshirts pulled?
If Sigers is a special team gem then I'm ok with it but I'd rather see Ojuri redshirted unless he is significantly better than PP, DJ and Voitlander.

BisoninNWMN
08-23-2009, 11:34 PM
What are the chances Ojuri and/or Sigers have their redshirts pulled?
If Sigers is a special team gem then I'm ok with it but I'd rather see Ojuri redshirted unless he is significantly better than PP, DJ and Voitlander.

Good points

Hopefully the injury bug stays away this year.....:praying: :praying:

ndsubison1
08-24-2009, 01:41 AM
If both Sigers and Ojuri are good enough to contribute substantially right away I say play em

Herd
08-24-2009, 02:06 AM
My take . . . Sigers will play as he is the better return man and Washington is out. They will try to Redshift Ojurii. I guess I am agreeing with 93bison above.

tony
08-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't know what to make of that scrimmage... the two true freshman RBs averaged almost 10 ypc with 16 carries, the other five guys who ran had 18 carries at less than 3 ypc. Maybe Ojuri and Sigers both had one long run that skewed their stats and maybe we had 3 QBs with negative yardage but still...

17>1
08-24-2009, 06:42 PM
This is really a nice problem to have. Although I remain very confident in the 3 upper classmen and their ability to move the rock, if they don't get it done, bring in these two youngsters and see what they can do. I really don't see our horses being held to just 3 yds. a carry. Maybe our 1st string D was the reason those guys didn't fare so well on that day, that's a comforting thought too.

westnodak93bison
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't know what to make of that scrimmage... the two true freshman RBs averaged almost 10 ypc with 16 carries, the other five guys who ran had 18 carries at less than 3 ypc. Maybe Ojuri and Sigers both had one long run that skewed their stats and maybe we had 3 QBs with negative yardage but still...

this is exactly what I was wondering

bisonmike2
08-24-2009, 08:19 PM
looks like Vandal is out for a month and Voitlander is being moved to FB in the mean time.

rutlandbison
08-24-2009, 08:21 PM
looks like Vandal is out for a month and Voitlander is being moved to FB in the mean time.
What??

I'm really interested to see how Juckem is used this season or if he redshirts. We heard alot of hype about him, turning down to BCS conference teams to come here, I hope he's as good as advertised.

bisonmike2
08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
What??

I'm really interested to see how Juckem is used this season or if he redshirts. We heard alot of hype about him, turning down to BCS conference teams to come here, I hope he's as good as advertised.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/
"The Bison lost a big part of their offensive attack for at least a month. Fullback Lee Vandal suffered a knee injury over the weekend – and it has the Bison coaches concerned.
Vandal took a helmet to his leg during an intrasquad scrimmage on Saturday, an ailment head coach Craig Bohl called a “partial fracture.”
His spot in the rotation will probably be taken by running back Matt Voigtlander, who will have a “running back-fullback” designation to his name on the roster. Bohl also announced that true freshman fullback Garrett Bruhn will make the trip to Iowa State for the Sept. 3 season opener.

Linebacker Brandon Jemison and running back Michael Sigers will also not redshirt, Bohl said, and will travel to Iowa State. At 6-foot and 242 pounds, Vandal is valuable because of his blocking and his ability to catch a pass out of the backfield. He caught nine passes in 17 career games his first two years including two in a 2007 win at the University of Minnesota.
At 219 pounds, Bohl said Voigtlander is big enough to handle the physical duties of the fullback. We'll see, but Vandal had the perfect prototype for the West Coast fullback.

Also, Bohl said offensive lineman George Danilkowicz and linebacker Blake Sczepanski both left the team. Neither were expected to play much this year although I thought Sczepanski had the potential."

onbison09
08-24-2009, 09:04 PM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/
"The Bison lost a big part of their offensive attack for at least a month. Fullback Lee Vandal suffered a knee injury over the weekend – and it has the Bison coaches concerned.
Vandal took a helmet to his leg during an intrasquad scrimmage on Saturday, an ailment head coach Craig Bohl called a “partial fracture.”
His spot in the rotation will probably be taken by running back Matt Voigtlander, who will have a “running back-fullback” designation to his name on the roster. Bohl also announced that true freshman fullback Garrett Bruhn will make the trip to Iowa State for the Sept. 3 season opener.

Linebacker Brandon Jemison and running back Michael Sigers will also not redshirt, Bohl said, and will travel to Iowa State. At 6-foot and 242 pounds, Vandal is valuable because of his blocking and his ability to catch a pass out of the backfield. He caught nine passes in 17 career games his first two years including two in a 2007 win at the University of Minnesota.
At 219 pounds, Bohl said Voigtlander is big enough to handle the physical duties of the fullback. We'll see, but Vandal had the perfect prototype for the West Coast fullback.

Also, Bohl said offensive lineman George Danilkowicz and linebacker Blake Sczepanski both left the team. Neither were expected to play much this year although I thought Sczepanski had the potential."
Dang it!! :banghead: :banghead:

17>1
08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Looks like someone was right about Garrett Bruhn being ready.......just saying. ;)

TheBisonator
08-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I really hope to God that we don't see an injury pandemic like we saw early last season. That Central Conn. game especially was tough on the players.

17>1
08-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Well I think every team goes through this sort of thing, just gotta hope you don't suffer injuries at major positions where depth is already thin. Losing the diesel early last year and the line injuries were huge.

BisonNeil
08-25-2009, 02:15 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that in this scrimmage they were going to run the #1 O against the #1 D, likewise the #2s went against each other.

My guess is that the D got pissed off and decided not to let the #1 O run wild again and they wanted Mertens to beat them with the pass.

I can see Ojuri and Sieger making lots of yards against the #2 D.

NDSUFan_Sav
08-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that in this scrimmage they were going to run the #1 O against the #1 D, likewise the #2s went against each other.

My guess is that the D got pissed off and decided not to let the #1 O run wild again and they wanted Mertens to beat them with the pass.

I can see Ojuri and Sieger making lots of yards against the #2 D.

They looked really well, the return team was looking really well some really big returns.

tjbison
08-25-2009, 02:48 AM
They looked really well, the return team was looking really well some really big returns.

ok, you NEED to stop teasing!!!!

:D ;)

Bisonguy
08-25-2009, 03:00 AM

Was the return team looking good, or the coverage pretty poor? We've had both the past few seasons.

NDSUFan_Sav
08-25-2009, 03:06 AM
Was the return team looking good, or the coverage pretty poor? We've had both the past few seasons.

well sometimes the coverage got there and looked real good, and others the returners looks unbelievable especially with their speed and making the right cuts.

Also hate to say this one, but do we have a better option for FGs??? the one we so call our kicker well he was blocked (tipped at the line) or just didn't know what he was doing bout a 35-40 yd fg.

tjbison
08-25-2009, 03:09 AM
well sometimes the coverage got there and looked real good, and others the returners looks unbelievable especially with their speed and making the right cuts.

Also hate to say this one, but do we have a better option for FGs??? the one we so call our kicker well he was blocked (tipped at the line) or just didn't know what he was doing bout a 35-40 yd fg.

is this the same guy that missed a PAT last year??:hide: :banghead: :hide: :hide: :banghead:

NDSUFan_Sav
08-26-2009, 03:16 AM
is this the same guy that missed a PAT last year??:hide: :banghead: :hide: :hide: :banghead:

only comment is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

enough said?

DjKyRo
08-26-2009, 03:19 AM
only comment is :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

enough said?

gotta love Bibeau.