PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance (Summit League on my Roku)

Bison bison
08-17-2009, 09:09 PM
What do you think the chances are that NDSU/Summit League can get their bananas together and get conference games on my Roku?

(this is actually my undercover way of communicating this to the athletic department----- c'mon guys, if major league baseball can do it, so can the Bison!)

Gully
08-17-2009, 10:31 PM
What do you think the chances are that NDSU/Summit League can get their bananas together and get conference games on my Roku?

(this is actually my undercover way of communicating this to the athletic department----- c'mon guys, if major league baseball can do it, so can the Bison!)

On your who?

Bison bison
08-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Not who, what.

Roku is a device for accessing content via the internet and playing it on your tv. Right now I can access my Netflix account (unlimited rentals), Amazon Video-on-Demand (either rented or owned titles), and now every MLB from now until the end of the season.

I want access to Summit League games!

RodentiaX
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
The Roku is a small set top box which allows you to stream videos from the Internet directly to your TV. Currently, it allows you to stream from Netflix, Amazon and MLB.

It's possible, after Roku released their SDK for the player. There has been no firm details on the Software Development Kit, but the general understanding is that people are going to be able to create their own channels, and add them via a Channel Store.

There will be two tiers of channels on the Roku, one the big channels, like Netflix, Amazon and MLB, that Roku will be highly involved with creating and will be on everyone's box, and other channels that the content provider will have to create themselves using the SDK.

There are supposed to be 10 more channels in the works for this box, Mediafly and BlipTV are two of that have been confirmed, and there is evidence that YouTube will be one of them. They have not yet released the SDK, presumably, they are still working out kinks, and adding these new channels should help them get it ready.

When the SDK is released, it will all be a matter of whether or not the Summit League channel wants to make itself available via the Roku.

Bison bison
09-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, what he said.