PDA

View Full Version : Schedule released

Kermit
08-17-2009, 02:42 PM
The schedule has been released.
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11898&SPID=697&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204775952

As previously reported, the Iowa State game on Jan 9 will be on ESPNU. Idaho, UW-Green Bay and UW-Milwaukee highlight the home non-conference schedule.

wilson
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Shouldn't there be a Bracketbusters home game in there as well?

HandoEX
08-17-2009, 03:41 PM
National TV! Nice!

Looks like an ok schedule, still wish the U of M was on it though.

NDSUguy
08-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I like the road game against Wichita State... It'll be nice to use that game as a measuring stick against the Valley.

Hammersmith
08-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Shouldn't there be a Bracketbusters home game in there as well?

The UW-Milwaukee game is the other half of last year's Bracketbuster game. I don't think we'll know for quite a while whether we'll get a Bracketbuster game this year. If I remember correctly, ESPN decides how many Bracketbuster games each conference receives. After that, it's up to the conference to choose which of their teams get to play in those games. Once the total list is set, ESPN chooses who gets paired with whom. Even though we played an away game last year, I don't think we're guaranteed a Bracketbuster home game this year unless the Summit picks us to get one of the Bracketbuster slots(assuming the Summit gets one or more).

BisBison
08-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Someone better talk to the athletic department about starting times for the Nov 21 games. The Football game with Youngstown St starts at 1:00 and the bball game against Idaho starts at 4:00. I think we need to lobby for at least a six o'clock start for the Idaho game to allow for proper tailgating after the Fball game. :nod: :nod: Happy to see both home games on the same date regardless. Esp for us out-of-towners. Two games, one road trip.:cheers:

roadwarrior
08-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Sat Nov 21st has NDSU hosting the Summit League volleyball championship match - most likely at 7pm. It is going to be a busy day!

tjbison
08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Sat Nov 21st has NDSU hosting the Summit League volleyball championship match - most likely at 7pm. It is going to be a busy day!

you suppose they will keep the tailgate lot open!!!!:D

bisonhusker
08-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Too bad Gonzaga and U of M backed out on that schedule. It looks very solid.

Recruiting alot against the Valley right now, so this will be fun.

tjbison
09-10-2009, 01:59 AM
i know its football season, but anybody else hope that the schedule makers are trying to get more games with MVC teams we play football against, Indiana ST, Missouri St, UNI, Illinois St, Southern Illinois etc. I think we could possibly get some 2 for 1's or even home and homes. I'm too lazy right now to look it up but we have not played any MVC schools in Mens yet have we?

NDSUstudent
09-10-2009, 02:12 AM
i know its football season, but anybody else hope that the schedule makers are trying to get more games with MVC teams we play football against, Indiana ST, Missouri St, UNI, Illinois St, Southern Illinois etc. I think we could possibly get some 2 for 1's or even home and homes. I'm too lazy right now to look it up but we have not played any MVC schools in Mens yet have we?

The only MVC team we have played is Drake, and of course they don't play football in the Valley. We also have a game against Wichita this year, hopefully they start up football someday and join us in The Valley for football.

CaBisonFan
09-11-2009, 04:41 AM
Looks like an awesome home schedule along with the national television game. Thanks

Golden Eagle
09-13-2009, 01:48 AM
I think The NDSU vs ORU game will be televised on FCS Central.

We haven't received 100% confirmation from the athletic dept yet but it has been posted on our board (http://forum.orusports.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6836).

It's not ESPN but I'm sure most sports bars would carry it or Dish/Direct TV packages might have it.

TheDoctor
09-16-2009, 01:28 AM
I think The NDSU vs ORU game will be televised on FCS Central.

We haven't received 100% confirmation from the athletic dept yet but it has been posted on our board (http://forum.orusports.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6836).

It's not ESPN but I'm sure most sports bars would carry it or Dish/Direct TV packages might have it.

I think all your home games have been on FCS Central last season AND the ORU Report every Saturday. ;)

Golden Eagle
09-16-2009, 02:56 AM
We actually didn't know if that was just a one season deal or not until last week. The news just came down.

I'm pretty sure FCS still plays that final ORU vs. NDSU from last year every month... BRUTAL. Or awesome if you're a Bison.

GoPanthers33
09-16-2009, 03:26 AM
The UW-Milwaukee game is the other half of last year's Bracketbuster game. I don't think we'll know for quite a while whether we'll get a Bracketbuster game this year. If I remember correctly, ESPN decides how many Bracketbuster games each conference receives. After that, it's up to the conference to choose which of their teams get to play in those games. Once the total list is set, ESPN chooses who gets paired with whom. Even though we played an away game last year, I don't think we're guaranteed a Bracketbuster home game this year unless the Summit picks us to get one of the Bracketbuster slots(assuming the Summit gets one or more).

Thats now how ESPN used to do the bracket busters but maybe they changed it...who knows. For the last few years they announce all the teams that will be participating in Bracketbusters at a certain point during the season...They don't "designate" a number of slots to the conferences. If I remember correctly UWM was announced in bracketbusters before the season last year, but I'd have to check. I'll get back to you guys on it...