PDA

View Full Version : A Late Obituary

VanClubPres
08-16-2009, 02:08 AM
I kinda feel dumb for posting this this late, but I have been writing this in my head for months and now I am going to get it down in paper.

NDSU "DII" DIVISION II ATHLETICS

North Dakota State University Division II Athletics passed away on March 10th, 2009, surround by a few thousand of closest freinds.

Nicknamed DII by his freinds, DII had accomplished many amazing feats in his lifespan. Born in 1890, DII began bringing athletes under his wing at an early age. Known by many names such as The Farmers, or the Aggies, or most recently, The Bison, DII began to make himself know as a powerhouse in sporting events. His main home was the Dakotah Feild, where, as part of the College Divison Nation Championship he won titles in football in 1965, 1968, and 1969.

Deciding that he had gone as far as he could with the College Divison, DII decided that he should pursue his namesake, Division II Athletics. He did not waste time. DII began to amass titles in football, such as national championships in 1983, 85-86, 88, and 1990. During that tenure, he also racked up an amazing 22 North Central Conference Championships. Outside of football, DII was making a name for himself in Womens Basketball with titles in 1991, and a four year run in 1993-1996. He took his abilitys to the mat with titles in wrestling in 1988, 1998, 2000, and 2001.

After many years under his belt, he decided to take a risk, even though he was firmly set in his current position, by making a Jump to Divison I Athletics. There were those around him who said it would not be a good decision, but those who knew DII knew he was not one to shy away from a challenge.
In 2004, DII moved to Division I. It was not an easy trasition for him, but he did what he could.

DII's health began to fail as Division I athletics began to take over. With football boasting two 10-1 season with wins over Ball State, Central Michigan, and Minnesota, as well as a Great West Conference Championship, those who knew him noticed that DII's health was fading. With a perfect season from the NDSU Volleyball, NCAA Tourney Visit, and Track championships thrown in to boot, DI was practically on heavens doorstep.

DII was hospitalized during the Summit Leauge Championship game, and Dr. Ben Woodside pronouced Division II Athletics dead with a game winning shot with 3.2 seconds to go against Oakland to advance to the NCAA National Championship Tournament.

Division II Athletics was an inspiration to all of the athletes that he mentored over the years. Those athletes who knew him closely will always miss him. Those fans who he befreinded will miss him forever.

DII Athletics is survived by University of North Dakota and University of South Dakota. Floral gifts are asked to be sent in the form of donations to the NDSU Teammakers Funds.

RunDMc34
08-19-2009, 06:29 AM
D11 is over baby D1 is on bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tjbison
08-19-2009, 05:24 PM
D11 is over baby D1 is on bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D Eleven huh??:p

TbonZach
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
D Eleven huh??:p

I think that's the elementary school league.