PDA

View Full Version : HOF Nominee: Tatanka's "Fighting Sioux Online"

tony
08-15-2009, 06:46 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12657

Nominated for Outstanding Achievement in the Area of Smack.

One of the funniest things I've ever read. Folks, this is what all our smack should aspire to be. Smack posts are like shenanigans - you want them to be cheeky and fun, not cruel and tragic (i.e. Evil Shenanigans).

tjbison
08-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Can't say no to that!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
08-15-2009, 07:54 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12657

Nominated for Outstanding Achievement in the Area of Smack.

One of the funniest things I've ever read. Folks, this is what smack all our smack should aspire to be. Smack posts are like shenanigans - you want them to be cheeky and fun, not cruel and tragic (i.e. Evil Shenanigans).

Wait a second, my posts are cheeky? :D

TransAmBison
08-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Who the #### is Nino Zezza? All that little turd does is vote against HOF bids. I don't care what a person votes, but I think they should be a contributing member of Bisonville to have a vote. Not that Tatanka will have any trouble attaining another HOF appearance.

onbison09
08-15-2009, 09:05 PM
He doesn't have any posts.

tjbison
08-15-2009, 09:10 PM
he must be the "default" no to every poll so the percentage can never be 100%

or could it be a truck fan??? hmm the mystery

BlueBisonRock
08-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Who the #### is Nino Zezza? All that little turd does is vote against HOF bids. I don't care what a person votes, but I think they should be a contributing member of Bisonville to have a vote. Not that Tatanka will have any trouble attaining another HOF appearance.

Ban Nino Zezza! At least until he gets out of middle school!

UTH
08-17-2009, 12:09 AM

Wide receiver back in the 90s?:hide:

Tatanka
08-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Wide receiver back in the 90s?:hide:

UNDTH is correct. Hard to forget that name.

TransAmBison
08-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Wow, Tatanka even got a positive vote from Shawno. Good to see!

THEsocalledfan
08-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I actually voted no. While it was well done, and classic Tatanka, I did not think it was his best work. It can't hold a candle to "Inside the Bunker" which, unfortunetely, causes me to set a very high bar.

ndsubison1
08-21-2009, 11:23 PM
I actually voted no. While it was well done, and classic Tatanka, I did not think it was his best work. It can't hold a candle to "Inside the Bunker" which, unfortunetely, causes me to set a very high bar.

i agree. great thread but not the best... just because it's nominated doesnt mean it should be in. HOF should be left to the best of the best IMO

sambini
08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Hall of fame++++++++++++++++

WYOBISONMAN
08-29-2009, 01:15 PM
OK......I ponied up my YES vote......

BlueBisonRock
08-29-2009, 06:30 PM
i agree. great thread but not the best... just because it's nominated doesnt mean it should be in. HOF should be left to the best of the best IMO

Guys, Its attitudes like this that keep players like Maris out of the HoF. He's not as good as the Babe so we better not vote for him.....

tony
08-29-2009, 07:38 PM
In some respects, I like this piece better than the Bunker because people had used the Bunker footage before (points for originality.)

ndsubison1
08-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Guys, Its attitudes like this that keep players like Maris out of the HoF. He's not as good as the Babe so we better not vote for him.....

or it's kinda like a bill being voted on in congress, just because it's up for vote doesnt mean it should be passed... that's what i was getting at

BlueBisonRock
08-30-2009, 03:42 AM
or it's kinda like a bill being voted on in congress, just because it's up for vote doesnt mean it should be passed... that's what i was getting at

I got your point early on. Happen to disagree. If the nominee is worthy, recognition is deserved. If I had the worst of Picasso's work hanging on my wall, it would still be the work of a master.

THEsocalledfan
09-01-2009, 08:42 PM
In some respects, I like this piece better than the Bunker because people had used the Bunker footage before (points for originality.)

Good point, Tony and I admit I had not thought of that. However, the "Bunker" was the "Bunker" no matter if it was used before or not. What other post on this website has created a media storm like that one did? I can think of nothing else on this web-site that I have laughed harder at.

I also respect the Maris argument, but Babe Ruth is not in the Hall of Fame twice which is, in some respects, what this is more analagous to. I feel TAB may reach that threshold with his "another scam," however the old "does the end justify the means" argument may work against him as even I get a little uncomfortable with his work, at times.

Would I be open to another Tatanka HOF thread? Yes, but I think I am going to set a higher bar for any poster to get in twice. Fair, or not fair, my two cents.

TransAmBison
09-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Ha, ha, my work makes you uncomfortable at times! Hey, then I am pushing the limits...glad to see it isn't getting bland! They had a segment on the radio this morning about a couple people who got scammed. One guy was a victim of a love scam (something I have begun dabbling in...we'll see if anything happens) and is still a victim. The guy has sent a fair share of money to this "woman" and she always needs more. Now she needs something like $2700 for a relative's surgery. The "woman" is from Nigeria and the guy knows it is probably a scam and that it isn't even necessarily a "she" he is writing to but he is 52 and really wants to be in love and he is afraid to throw it away just in case it is real. Sad. The other is about an old grandma that payed $3500 for this guy to come to the United States. She paid for all this stuff and then waited at the airport for 4 hours and guess what, he never showed up.

These are just two examples...there are plenty more. I feel no sympathy. So I enjoy putting them through torture...oh well.

As for Tatanka getting in again...think of it this way. If something has to measure up to Under The Bunker to get in, there will never be anything else in the Hall of Fame. It is simply the best. You can't judge other works based on it.

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
As for Tatanka getting in again...think of it this way. If something has to measure up to Under The Bunker to get in, there will never be anything else in the Hall of Fame. It is simply the best. You can't judge other works based on it.

My point was that Tatanka would need to top Under the Bunker to get in twice.

If others had to top that, no one would ever get in!

TransAmBison
09-02-2009, 06:32 PM
My point was that Tatanka would need to top Under the Bunker to get in twice.

If others had to top that, no one would ever get in!
And what I am saying is it is not fair to hold him to a higher standard. It is like saying Martin Scorsese could only get an Academy Award if he topped The Godfather. (I know he did not win best picture for it, just making a point) Point is, it is not going to happen. He still should be judged like everybody else.*

*Besides, this is all Tatanka has. I mean, his brute is almost as pathetic as mine. :(

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2009, 06:33 PM
One guy was a victim of a love scam (something I have begun dabbling in...we'll see if anything happens) and is still a victim. The guy has sent a fair share of money to this "woman" and she always needs more. Now she needs something like $2700 for a relative's surgery. The "woman" is from Nigeria and the guy knows it is probably a scam and that it isn't even necessarily a "she" he is writing to but he is 52 and really wants to be in love and he is afraid to throw it away just in case it is real. Sad. The other is about an old grandma that payed $3500 for this guy to come to the United States. She paid for all this stuff and then waited at the airport for 4 hours and guess what, he never showed up.

Like I said before, does the end justify the means? It is very difficult question to answer. Reminds me a bit of waterboarding that top terrorist dude; was that humane? No, but they got a ton of info, made numerous arrests and seized lots dirty assets. Tough call and everyone will have their own opinions, and I do keep reading as I realize the terrible damage these folks do even if uncomfortable.

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
And what I am saying is it is not fair to hold him to a higher standard. It is like saying Martin Scorsese could only get an Academy Award if he topped The Godfather. (I know he did not win best picture for it, just making a point) Point is, it is not going to happen. He still should be judged like everybody else

And we will have to agree to disagree as I don't see Babe Ruth in the Hall of Fame twice. Honestly, I am probably hung up on the "Hall of Fame" name; if it was called "all time greatest threads" or something, I would feel the same as you.

TransAmBison
09-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Like I said before, does the end justify the means? It is very difficult question to answer. Reminds me a bit of waterboarding that top terrorist dude; was that humane? No, but they got a ton of info, made numerous arrests and seized lots dirty assets. Tough call and everyone will have their own opinions, and I do keep reading as I realize the terrible damage these folks do even if uncomfortable.
Well, I can tell you my take on the waterboarding. If I was in charge...double the torture and then dispose of the body afterwards. (TAB would make sure nobody knew we had them in the first place.) Harsh? Yes, but TAB can be very harsh. I have no sympathy for Terrorists...or scammers...

tony
09-02-2009, 08:16 PM
It is like saying Francis Ford Copolla could only get an Academy Award if he topped The Godfather. (I know he did not win best picture for it, just making a point)

Good point!

Couldn't resist fixing the name because I got destroyed in a game of Godfather trivia a couple weeks ago.

56BISON73
09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Well, I can tell you my take on the waterboarding. If I was in charge...double the torture and then dispose of the body afterwards. (TAB would make sure nobody knew we had them in the first place.) Harsh? Yes, but TAB can be very harsh. I have no sympathy for Terrorists...or scammers...

They dont play by the rules. We shouldnt either. There is no moral high ground when you deal with animals:ranting:

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.