PDA

View Full Version : Ndsu Beer????

tjbison
08-14-2009, 11:30 PM
We need to get this into out local distributer and see if they can do something!!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62180

Man that would sell like hotcakes

bisonmike2
08-15-2009, 02:02 AM
We need to get this into out local distributer and see if they can do something!!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62180

Man that would sell like hotcakes

Holy shiate! Bison beer would be the coolest thing ever!

TheBisonator
08-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Man, that would be AWESOME!! Imagine an NDSU brewery located downtown. We could offer a whole new series of undergrad majors!!

The whole thing would probably be related to our food sciences program.

G-city Bison Fan
08-16-2009, 04:39 AM
Man I have been trying to get something like this started for years. I know for sure there are more than a few guys on campus that brew, specifically a certain chemistry professor.

I know that there are a few brewers in the area, www.countrycannery.com and the prairie home brewers group in the area.

On a side note I have taken to home brewing over the last few years and I have named a few of the batches for NDSU type things....usually refering to Till's tailgating vehicle, some examples:

Irish red ale - Dancing Bison (it was bottled the night NDSU won the summit)
Raspberry wheat ale - Rev and Backfire (For the Green Monster)

It would be great to see a brewing specialty at NDSU though, very cool.

tjbison
08-16-2009, 02:52 PM
wow you guys are thinking, I was only talking about getting one of the companies to get Green and Yellow cans like the Texas St. BL cans, and never thought about a actual brew hmmmm that would really be cool:nod:

G-city Bison Fan
08-16-2009, 04:50 PM
wow you guys are thinking, I was only talking about getting one of the companies to get Green and Yellow cans like the Texas St. BL cans, and never thought about a actual brew hmmmm that would really be cool:nod:

It is such a natural fit, I know there are a few schools that do classes, and there are a few strictly brewing schools. UC-Davis definitely has a something set up i think they have a few different programs for brewing and winemaking.

I would love to see NDSU get involved in this, however i guarantee some people would have a problem with NDSU "promoting drinking" or some bull like that.

I would love to see it happen though, lots of science involved thats for sure.

mebisonII
08-16-2009, 05:58 PM
It is such a natural fit, I know there are a few schools that do classes, and there are a few strictly brewing schools. UC-Davis definitely has a something set up i think they have a few different programs for brewing and winemaking.

I would love to see NDSU get involved in this, however i guarantee some people would have a problem with NDSU "promoting drinking" or some bull like that.

I would love to see it happen though, lots of science involved thats for sure.

UC Davis' wine-related programs are big-time. Of course, given the location, one would expect them to be :)

HerdBot
08-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Man, that would be AWESOME!! Imagine an NDSU brewery located downtown. We could offer a whole new series of undergrad majors!!

The whole thing would probably be related to our food sciences program.
Great idea it makes sense. Budweiser is located in moorhead too for interns. Too bad the old great northern brewery isn't vacant would have been a cool building.

spelunker64
08-18-2009, 03:27 AM
We do lead the nation in barley production, it only makes sense to have our own beer

BisonAccountant44
08-18-2009, 01:51 PM
I like the brewing as a major idea. I believe the thread in the original link is just talking about colored beer cans though, like the gold and purple Bud Light cans I saw in MN this weekend.

To me it sounds like a job for the great sambini!

cbline
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea, but how would President Joe square an NDSU beer with the increased alcohol awareness program?

mango
08-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Wouldn't NDSU having their own beer be a complete public relations nightmare with everything that has gone on with the football team recently?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but currently there will be a ton of public backlash.

mebisonII
08-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea, but how would President Joe square an NDSU beer with the increased alcohol awareness program?

Sounds like a great combined campaign:

"President Joe says, 'Don't drink lots of beer, drink GOOD Beer.' Bison Beer now available at your local seller of fine adult beverages!"

tony
08-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Wouldn't NDSU having their own beer be a complete public relations nightmare with everything that has gone on with the football team recently?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but currently there will be a ton of public backlash.

If we consider things that the anti-NDSU folks approve of, we might as well shut down NDSU because they complain about everything. Maybe meet them in a public forum and crush their arguments but don't let them dictate (because, frankly, they don't come much more ignorant and angry than the "every thing NDSU does is bad" crowd.

Tatanka
08-18-2009, 08:38 PM

Oh, there'd be plenty of alcohol awareness if NDSU had its own branded beer. :nod:

Bisonguy
08-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh, there'd be plenty of alcohol awareness if NDSU had its own branded beer. :nod:

Maybe a photo ofteh label??

BlueBisonRock
08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Maybe a photo of on teh label??

Instantly I had a vision of "Old Frothenslosh" The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom <Pittsburgh Brewing>

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/oldfrothenslosh.jpg

TheBisonator
08-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Instantly I had a vision of "Old Frothenslosh" The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom <Pittsburgh Brewing>

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/oldfrothenslosh.jpg

That pin-up on the label needs to lay off the knackwurst...

Tatanka
08-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Maybe a photo on teh label??

:rofl: :eeek: :rofl:

!!!!!WINNAR!!!!!

A1pigskin
08-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Are there any brew masters on Bisonville?

G-city Bison Fan
08-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Are there any brew masters on Bisonville?

I would hesitate to call myself a master, but I have been doing it for about 2-3 years now and actually just got ahold of my own hops vine.

Trying to get better, but this whole PhD thing I am working on gets in the way sometimes. ;)

mebisonII
08-19-2009, 02:58 AM
I would hesitate to call myself a master, but I have been doing it for about 2-3 years now and actually just got ahold of my own hops vine.

Trying to get better, but this whole PhD thing I am working on gets in the way sometimes. ;)

What, do you want to graduate some day? Pathetic excuse of a grad student....:smh:

:p

met1990
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Reviving an old thread in hopes of seeing if anyone knew where one could find an NDSU-themed keg tap handle. I'm planning on installing a bar in my basement for my home brew keg set up and would like to class it up with a Bison tap handle. Anyone know where one might be found?

G-city Bison Fan
01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Reviving an old thread in hopes of seeing if anyone knew where one could find an NDSU-themed keg tap handle. I'm planning on installing a bar in my basement for my home brew keg set up and would like to class it up with a Bison tap handle. Anyone know where one might be found?

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/tap-handles-pid-5016.html

Best I could find. Great idea though.

G-city Bison Fan
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
What, do you want to graduate some day? Pathetic excuse of a grad student....:smh:

:p

lol....someday i suppose, but you do provide a good point...why would i want to enter the real world...its not that great now days.

tjbison
01-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Nothing wrong with that!! I would assume there is some place in this great Beer drinking nation that would make custom tap handles

met1990
01-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Thanks.

Hey, maybe TAB can get some of his church followers to carve some custom Bison tap handles. I'm sure it would be more lucrative for them than scamming!

heckler
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Very easy to make. All you need is a lathe, you don't even need that if you don't want a rounded edge look.

Bison55
01-07-2010, 06:37 PM
The only thing better would be if they used it to serve beer IN THE DOME!:D

heckler
01-07-2010, 06:50 PM
The only thing better would be if they used it to serve beer IN THE DOME!:D

That $1.8 million in the red would be gone... very quickly...

Bison55
01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
And we would suddenly have a 5-7 year plan in place to build a new basketball arena! Brilliant! :D

NDSUFan_Sav
01-07-2010, 11:13 PM
And we would suddenly have a 5-7 year plan in place to build a new basketball arena! Brilliant! :D

this would also help with taxi services lined up outside of the dome after each game.

DjKyRo
01-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Given the team's (not-so) recent issues with alcohol, is it a great idea to serve it in the FFD? It's not outrageous to think they could sneak a Gatorade cooler full of the stuff onto the sidelines.

BisonAccountant44
01-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Given the team's (not-so) recent issues with alcohol, is it a great idea to serve it in the FFD? It's not outrageous to think they could sneak a Gatorade cooler full of the stuff onto the sidelines.

Maybe that explains some of last years performances. :hide:

Twentysix
01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Charge an extra .50 or 1.00 on top of the normal cost, and explain how that extra dollar is going towards building a new athletic facility. Ill buy overpriced beer at a game!

They need to nut up and start fund raising.