PDA

View Full Version : Standout Centenary Guard Transfers To Pitt

Swany
08-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Interesting story from the Associated Press on last year's Summit League defensive player of the year, Centenary point guard Chase Adams. Adams almost single handily knocked NDSU from Summit League tourney last spring. Here is the story:

Adams set to transfer to Pitt

Associated Press
PITTSBURGH -- Chase Adams, a point guard at Centenary who was the defensive player of the year last season in the Summit League, is transferring to Pittsburgh for his senior season and will be eligible immediately.

Adams doesn't have to sit out a season because Centenary is dropping from NCAA Division I to Division III.

The 5-foot-10 Adams averaged 14 points and shot 39 percent from 3-point range last season. He supplies depth at a position where the Panthers must replace Levance Fields, a three-year starter who helped lead the Panthers to an NCAA regional final last season.

Ashton Gibbs, a shooting guard, is expected to move to point guard. The only other Pitt player at the position is redshirt freshman Travon Woodall.

DjKyRo
08-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Holy hell, a guy moving from Summit to Big East? Hopefully this does something to show for the athletes that play in the Summit League schools.

Mervin72
08-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Best of luck Woody. I smell a roadtrip.

The Lost Dutchman
08-13-2009, 01:41 AM

HUH? WHAT THE? YOU"VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. I meant, wrong post.

TheDoctor
08-13-2009, 12:04 PM

This goes in the only other active basketball thread right now :rofl:. ;)

X-Factor
08-14-2009, 02:10 AM
So basically the NCAA is saying he can play right away because Cent is dropping to DIII? Otherwise transfers have to sit out.

Jdubs21
08-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Good luck to him...thats a big jump from cent to Pitt

Herd
08-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Chase is a solid player. I'm guessing that the court will be the same length, and the hoop won't be any smaller at Pitt than it is at Centenary. He will do well.