PDA

View Full Version : Sam Ojuri Article

johnson
08-12-2009, 03:16 AM
I don't remember seeing this article. Just thought I would post it for the people who haven't.
http://football.dailyherald.com/story/?id=267668

CaBisonFan
08-12-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't remember seeing this article. Just thought I would post it for the people who haven't.
http://football.dailyherald.com/story/?id=267668

Thanks Johnson. 'Rep' for you.

GradBison
08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Glad to have Mr. Ojuri on board, he's got some talent. It's really fun to watch him in practice. :nod:

tjbison
08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I love this

They play to nearly full houses in the Fargodome, which seats nearly 19,000.

"A I-AA wasn't that high on my radar," said Ojuri, who plans to study general business. "They have better facilities than most of the I-A schools I visited this year."

Seeing them made Ojuri a believer in North Dakota State

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: Welcome aboard!!

Bison101
08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Great article+++++++++++++++++++++++

lakesbison
05-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Ojuri’s suspension will keep him out next fall

Bohl said sophomore running back Sam Ojuri will be suspended through fall semester, but will remain in school. He was disciplined during spring football for an internal violation of team rules.

He will not participate in summer workouts with the rest of the team.

Ojuri saw limited action as a true freshman last fall, but showed enough promise to where he may have been a factor on the depth chart this season.

roadwarrior
05-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Bohl said sophomore running back Sam Ojuri will be suspended through fall semester, but will remain in school. He was disciplined during spring football for an internal violation of team rules.

Ojuri saw limited action as a true freshman last fall, but showed enough promise to where he may have been a factor on the depth chart this season.

Nice cut and paste directly from the Forum.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/279821/group/Sports/

Grizzled
05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Suprised to see Sam will still be around. Most likely just taking his redshirt this year.

lakesbison
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
road... err CAPTIAN OBVIOUS. hit your needle, its a broken record.

The Lost Dutchman
05-26-2010, 03:12 PM

Journalism 101, give credit to the site when your clearly taking their information.

bisonhusker
05-26-2010, 03:15 PM
If he is still on the team, and takes a redshirt year, that is HUGE for the running back position. Hopefully he has his head on straight and is a productive student/person at NDSU. Good Luck to him. He is a great talent, in a talented backfield.

Grizzled
05-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm guessing while he won't be on the team he'll still have his contact with the coaches. He takes his redshirt, gets back on the field this spring and doesn't lose anything. Not much of a punishment in my mind.

Kermit
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Ojuri is a talented kid with great potential as a running back. He had made BIG strides on the field this spring. He appeared to be significantly bigger and stronger than last fall. He was running harder and taking a more direct path to the hole and up the field. All of these things reminded me a little of Lamar Gordon, who was also thrown into the fire at NDSU as a true freshman running back who needed to get stronger.

The reason for his suspension has not been made public, but I think we can safely assume that he now needs to make some improvements OFF the field. Good luck to him. I hope he uses this year to mature and grow as a man. If he is successful, I'll look forward to seeing him back on the field next spring.

Bison"FANatic"
05-26-2010, 04:04 PM
I figured he would transfer. I am glad to see he is taking the year and going to get things together and keep playing for the Bison.

Sometimes showing the kids the "right" path is more important than cutting them loose.

IzzyFlexion
05-27-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm guessing while he won't be on the team he'll still have his contact with the coaches. He takes his redshirt, gets back on the field this spring and doesn't lose anything. Not much of a punishment in my mind.

If these types of circumstances cause an athlete to spend an additional year in the program, how is his scholarship affected?

56BISON73
05-27-2010, 03:37 AM
If these types of circumstances cause an athlete to spend an additional year in the program, how is his scholarship affected?

All depends on how Bohl handles it. Was he on partial or full ride? He could pull his schollies if he wanted and he would have to apply for grants etc to pay the year himself and earn his schollie back. But Im sure that was between the two of them.
IMO it would be doubt full that Bohl would have him on a free ride for a year considering the circumstanses.

bisonhusker
05-27-2010, 03:03 PM
He was on a full ride, and didn't redshirt, so I wouldn't be shocked if he kept his scholarship and used next year as a "redshirt" type year to get things straight. I think he has a good future with us.

rutlandbison
05-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Site your sources. APA format would have been acceptable but for a history education major such as myself, Chicago style would have been my choice.;)

Montana Bison
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM
If he gets back on track and joins the all the better.

tjbison
05-27-2010, 09:40 PM
If he gets back on track and joins the all the better.

Agreed, I liked what little I saw from him. Hopefully it was something stupid, as I suspect if it had been something really horrible he would be gone.

good luck Sam, get it cleared up and have a great career for the Bison!

Herd
07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Ojuri is officially off the roster. Any chance he is done for good? Let's hope not, he had the size and skills to complement some of our smaller burners. With the RB roster, I suspect that one or more of our Freshman may need to play. Currently the only RB's are Buehner, DJ, Voit, Sigers. 5 FB's on the roster, but none who can Roehl.

BadlandsBison
07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Ojuri is officially off the roster. Any chance he is done for good? Let's hope not, he had the size and skills to complement some of our smaller burners. With the RB roster, I suspect that one or more of our Freshman may need to play. Currently the only RB's are Buehner, DJ, Voit, Sigers. 5 FB's on the roster, but none who can Roehl.

Buehner is listed as a RB but is actually a FB. Lang, who is listed as a FB, will actually be another running back. My opinion is that those 4 guys will be more than enough.

DjKyRo
07-07-2010, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they go to Lang as a 3rd-down/goal-line option. Guy had some feet in the spring game and has some size to him. Voit, Sigers, and DJ all have skills coming out of the backfield, and even with the loss of Ojuri we still have a great amount of skill and diversity coming out of the backfield. Let's not forget we've got Vandal as a big playmaker at the FB position - that dive along the sideline for the TD last year was huge.

ndsubison1
07-07-2010, 03:12 AM
I remember reading that Ojuri is "suspended" for this upcoming season but is still on the team and will stay on it if he stays out trouble. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EndZoneQB
07-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I remember reading that Ojuri is "suspended" for this upcoming season but is still on the team and will stay on it if he stays out trouble. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You mean in this EXACT thread? lol

ISXBISON
07-07-2010, 04:09 AM
I would be really surprised if he is back next year

EndZoneQB
07-07-2010, 04:21 AM
I would be really surprised if he is back next year

Do you have inside information?

56BISON73
07-07-2010, 06:02 AM
The way this story is playing out its going down hill fast with no end in sight.

rutlandbison
07-07-2010, 01:51 PM
What did he do? Or is that off limits?

HandoEX
07-07-2010, 02:38 PM
What did he do? Or is that off limits?

Until something is released, it's all speculation. Whatever it is, hope he works hard to get back on the field.

Notorious
07-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Generally the truth is the best option in these situations. Just coming out with the facts, an explanation of the consequences, and an apology allow the individual, Coach Bohl, and the team to get "out in front" of the issue and diffuse things much quicker than withholding information. Keeping things "in-house" is a bad PR move in my nonsensical opinion.

Kermit
07-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Ojuri is officially off the roster.

Ojuri hasn't been listed on the roster since the spring game, when it was announced that he was suspended. Has something changed recently, or are people just rehashing old news?

ndsubison1
07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Rehashing old news

roadwarrior
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Rehashing old news

Just like the local newspaper does!

NDSUFan_Sav
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Just like the local newspaper does!

so your saying with this being brought up again we should expect it in the news fairly soon?

TheBisonator
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
so your saying with this being brought up again we should expect it in the news fairly soon?

Yup. Just like Garrett Johnson's DUI.:banghead:

ISXBISON
07-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Do you have inside information?

Yes, I know the reason for the suspension.

rutlandbison
07-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Yes, I know the reason for the suspension.
Is he still part of the team then?
I don't know the whole story, don't care if I do but he was a promising young back I think it hurts the RB position if he's gone for good. I hope not.

silkamilkamonico
07-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Is he still part of the team then?
I don't know the whole story, don't care if I do but he was a promising young back I think it hurts the RB position if he's gone for good. I hope not.

No doubt it hurts, and until an official story comes out, people are going to speculate, and sometimes for the worst, especially in NDSU's situation of losing players to negative issues that have given the university bad PR the last couple seasons.

runtheoption
07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I heard Ojuri was head of the Student Finance Advisory Council that gave their stamp of approval on the cost overruns for the NDSU President's house. And then he went out and kicked a puppy while stealing candy from a baby.

That's just what I heard from a very reliable inside source. Trust me. I can't reveal the source, just trust me.

Gully
07-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I heard Ojuri was head of the Student Finance Advisory Council that gave their stamp of approval on the cost overruns for the NDSU President's house. And then he went out and kicked a puppy while stealing candy from a baby.

That's just what I heard from a very reliable inside source. Trust me. I can't reveal the source, just trust me.

I heard you used to kick a Puppy when you were in college. Any truth to that?

runtheoption
07-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I heard you used to kick a Puppy when you were in college. Any truth to that?

More of a hard slap to the face and a stern warning..."Bad Puppe"!