PDA

View Full Version : Keep NDSU QBs away from lawnmowers!

BisonNeil
08-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but an interesting article on ESPN about Armanti Edwards.

Of note in the article also is that Justin Feagin is transferring from Michigan to Appy State. I think he was a three star out of FL who thought he was actually better than Terrell Pryor, at one time.

I long for the time when NDSU can attract FBS 3-star QB transfers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4383435

SDbison
08-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but an interesting article on ESPN about Armanti Edwards.

Of note in the article also is that Justin Feagin is transferring from Michigan to Appy State. I think he was a three star out of FL who thought he was actually better than Terrell Pryor, at one time.

I long for the time when NDSU can attract FBS 3-star QB transfers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4383435
Hell, NDSU is lucky to get a one star QB that is over 6 foot tall. :smh:

Scooter1
08-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Wow, that has to be quite a blow to App St. A foot injury is a tricky thing. I could be minor or have lasting affects to his playing ability. That said he is better at 75% than most FCS QB's are at 100%. I hope it wasn't very serious.

Thanks for the post, BisonNeil.

met1990
08-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Hell, NDSU is lucky to get a one star QB that is over 6 foot tall. :smh:

No kidding. I mean, even Jeff Bentrim wasn't over 6-feet tall. What a sad sack he was, right???

SDbison
08-08-2009, 04:35 AM
No kidding. I mean, even Jeff Bentrim wasn't over 6-feet tall. What a sad sack he was, right???
Different kind of offense bubba........hmmmm didn't the veer rely on running about 90% of the time. Sorry you lose on that comparison.

BisonNeil
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Now for the rest of the story.

Maybe it's not so great to get FBS 3-star QB transfers after all.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-08-10/cocaine-deal-got-feagin-kicked-off-wolverines

steelbison
08-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Different kind of offense bubba........hmmmm didn't the veer rely on running about 90% of the time. Sorry you lose on that comparison.

What about Doug Flutie??? Or Chase Daniels???? or Drew Brees???

Not too tall but all were great college QB's...

Height isn't everything....Your obsessing about QB's is so OLD!!!!:banghead:

SDbison
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
What about Doug Flutie??? Or Chase Daniels???? or Drew Brees???

Not too tall but all were great college QB's...

Height isn't everything....Your obsessing about QB's is so OLD!!!!:banghead:
I am entitled to have my opinion as much as yours. And if people keep on saying the QB situatiion is great now, I might just give them some reminding. Layoff the personal attacks regarding my opinions. Many others at this website have their opinions which are always the same and sound like a broken record too. You apparently obsess about me at that is pretty wierd and sick.

17>1
08-11-2009, 03:09 PM
I would'nt even say your "obsession" with QB's is what get's old...it's the fact that your opinion almost always carries a negative nancy attitude with it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this. Although this doesn't need to be pick on SD time, seriously dude....try getting out of bed on the other side sometime. And hey, don't get offended...it's just my opinion.

Bison101
08-11-2009, 07:51 PM
I just want the Bison football team to have a shot when they're on top of their game against App. St. :nod:

CaBisonFan
08-11-2009, 08:09 PM

Yeah...I agree...and Jeff couldn't pass at all. LOL

Good thing for App. St. is that they played their true freshman quite a bit last year. He looked outstanding. Wonder if they told him he'd play as a true freshman when they were recruiting him....:cool:

CaBisonFan
08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Our focus on quarterback recruits has been too narrow.

We should be going after a minimum of 2 or 3 blue-chip quarterbacks...2 or 3 non-rated QB's...and 2 or 3 guys that are just good athletic high school quarterbacks. 8-10 serious recruits every year. Tell the non-blue-chippers that they will get reps at QB...but could be moved to another position. Tell the top-shelf recruits that they won't have to redshirt if they don't want to...and that they 'will' play quarterback...and that they 'will' get some meaningful minutes during most games. This type of guarantee would obviously be for the QB that everyone wants badly.

By athletic high school quarterbacks, I mean guys that don't have marvelous passing stats but have proven to be very competitive with great attitudes.

All sizes and athletic builds. Get athletes who have handled the ball a lot. They usually make great defensive backs...for obvious reasons.

And...of course...make it a rule that they can't mow lawns.