PDA

View Full Version : New Billboard

tjbison
08-05-2009, 04:18 AM
http://web8.twitpic.com/img/21447464-e8b77ab0d1fe62c7584f47093d11ca87.4a7907c4-scaled.jpg

what do you all think of this??

4mcruenomore
08-05-2009, 05:04 AM
I see a red x, must be our slow dickinson internet

Jdubs21
08-05-2009, 11:33 AM
yea i get the red X too

mebisonII
08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't even get a red x. :(

Tatanka
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/man0war_2009/359h6bs.gif

BisBison
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Mine's a blue question mark. Please repost for us out of towners.

NDBison
08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
They have a link to a photo of it on the NDSU Athletics twitter page..Looks like real laundry which is cool. Anybody know where in town this is at?

http://twitpic.com/croyw

gc74
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I heard that it was at 25th St and I-94.

Ferd
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I heard that it was at 25th St and I-94.

This is correct. Right next to Doolittles.

HandoEX
08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Saw it last night. I have to say it's one of the better billboards I've seen. The real laundry blowing in the Fargo wind is pretty neat!

Hammersmith
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Is it just me, or does it look like Freddy Krueger is a Bison fan?

Kermit
08-05-2009, 04:09 PM
For me, the new marketing campaign is much weaker than the past couple of years. Too much dirty laundry and various hosehold chores. Not enough Bison football.

bisonmike2
08-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally I thought it looks great but now I'm a little down on the whole marketing campaign this year. Past years it's been all about promoting the excitement of Bison football, showing all the spectacle of being at the game and in the tailgate area. This year, we're appealing to people who would consider doing house chores instead of go to game? "Please wait until after the game to do those dishes - Bison Football!" "Don't vacuum the house, go see a football game!" Sorry, but in my opinion we already have waaay too many of those fans at the home games they way it is. People who bring a book or sit on their a$$ the whole game. I swear to God, I will go apesh1at on someone if every saw someone knitting in the stands. Just my thoughts.

Swany
08-05-2009, 04:31 PM
That billboard is amateur hour. I hope we didn't pay an outside firm to come up with this, it's about as good as, "Fargodome, How You Doin'?" The focus should be on Bison football. This is hokey and not befitting of a school and program that asserts itself as one of the premier institutions at its level in the country.

Dirty laundry? Really? The laundry can wait? That is the best they could do? Yes, because when I think Bison athletics, I think dirty laundry, unwashed dishes, and other household chores. This is absolutely a step back from marketing campaigns of previous years. I think they can do much better than this.

Bison"FANatic"
08-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I agree that this is a step back in the marketing. It isn't "bad" but it isn't as good as the previous years in my opinion. I guess most of us on here don't need to be advertised to as we are the fanatical fans though and the marketing campaign is aimed at the fans that are not quite as fanatical. The best football marketing campaign is not going 6-5. Kind of starting behind the 8 ball this year.

HandoEX
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
It seems to really catch people's attention from what I've seen when driving by it last night and today. It's corny but as long as people are seeing it...

UTH
08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Scream yellow.

SDbison
08-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally I thought it looks great but now I'm a little down on the whole marketing campaign this year. Past years it's been all about promoting the excitement of Bison football, showing all the spectacle of being at the game and in the tailgate area. This year, we're appealing to people who would consider doing house chores instead of go to game? "Please wait until after the game to do those dishes - Bison Football!" "Don't vacuum the house, go see a football game!" Sorry, but in my opinion we already have waaay too many of those fans at the home games they way it is. People who bring a book or sit on their a$$ the whole game. I swear to God, I will go apesh1at on someone if every saw someone knitting in the stands. Just my thoughts.
I agree 100%. The marketing campaign seems to be screwed up.
I have seen way too many folks at Bison football games in the dome where they are apparently there to sit on their a$$ and be entertained while eating as much stuff as possible from the concessions area. I have also seen several people reading books (not the football program, but a novel) during most of the game. Sure, I know, they are paying customers and they can do what they want, but think how far the average fan has regressed from the days of the Augustana blizzard game. Used to be fans were there to take in the game and respond by standing and stomping, cheering and jeering. Now it is a spectacle like a circus or concert, even to some it's like going to church.
BTW, I have yet to see an actual knitter, but TransAM does a great mime impression of a knitter several times each game. :D

TransAmBison
08-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree 100%. The marketing campaign seems to be screwed up.
I have seen way too many folks at Bison football games in the dome where they are apparently there to sit on their a$$ and be entertained while eating as much stuff as possible from the concessions area. I have also seen several people reading books (not the football program, but a novel) during most of the game. Sure, I know, they are paying customers and they can do what they want, but think how far the average fan has regressed from the days of the Augustana blizzard game. Used to be fans were there to take in the game and respond by standing and stomping, cheering and jeering. Now it is a spectacle like a circus or concert, even to some it's like going to church.
BTW, I have yet to see an actual knitter, but TransAM does a great mime impression of a knitter several times each game. :D
I do what I can! :D

onbison09
08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
It sucks :(

roadwarrior
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Speaking of knitting.....there was a group of women at a Redhawks game earlier this summer and ALL of them were knitting while watching the game. And this wasn't three or four either. It must have been the RRV knitting club because there were around 100 of them.

Herd Mentality
08-05-2009, 08:45 PM
wow. :banghead:

I think it's great. It's getting people's attention and people are talking about it around town. Gets way more looks than a billboard that says "Will you be there" and a big steve walker. That's what it's all about fools, the looks it gets. It's gotten way more looks and seems to be generating a lot more buzz around town than any of the previous billboards at that location.

I think it's a great campaign. Makes complete sense. How many people don't make the games because they're so busy with home and family during the week that the only time they have to do the mundane things like laundry and mowing IS the weekends? Guess a lot of you must be hiring illegals to do all that so you have all sorts of spare time.

bisonmike2
08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
wow. :banghead:

I think it's great. It's getting people's attention and people are talking about it around town. Gets way more looks than a billboard that says "Will you be there" and a big steve walker. That's what it's all about fools, the looks it gets. It's gotten way more looks and seems to be generating a lot more buzz around town than any of the previous billboards at that location.

I think it's a great campaign. Makes complete sense. How many people don't make the games because they're so busy with home and family during the week that the only time they have to do the mundane things like laundry and mowing IS the weekends? Guess a lot of you must be hiring illegals to do all that so you have all sorts of spare time.

Good points all around but if you don't make it to a Bison football game because you were mowing you lawn or doing laundry you probably weren't going to go anyway. But yes your right, if the billboard gets people talking about Bison football, it's doing it's job.

IzzyFlexion
08-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Larry, I'm tellin' you. Putting actual laundry up there will get their attention!http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3NTU5NDgxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODk4OTE2._V1._ SX320_SY400_.jpg

bisonmike2
08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Larry, I'm tellin' you. Putting actual laundry up there will get their attention!http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3NTU5NDgxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODk4OTE2._V1._ SX320_SY400_.jpg

Should have put up some of Lakes' underwear. Nothing like a leopard print banana hammock to draw some attention.:eek: Or so I've been told.:hide:

lakesbison
08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
hope we didn't pay an outside firm to come up with this,

FLINT COMMUNICATIONS

Scooter1
08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't get this new promotional campaign at all.

I took a look at the picture and thought it was kind of weak.

Then, I saw the ladder in the pic and thought...hey, free Bison gear!

Jdubs21
08-07-2009, 11:24 AM
just seeing all the yard signs and bison flags in peoples yards is really gettin me pumped! Go Bison!

spelunker64
08-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Scream yellow.

Shuddered a bit when I read that... :smh:

Ferd
08-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Remember the guy jumping off of his lawn mower in that first commercial...

Most of us wouldn't be on the mower in the first place cuz were already fans. These ads aren't aimed at us.

Interesting concept.

I'm glad I don't have to come up with a new ad campaign every year.

Kermit
08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm glad I don't have to come up with a new ad campaign every year.

Personally, I would have far preferred a continuation of the original "Will You Be There?" campaign, to something lame. Is a new concept necessary every year? Disclaimer: I know nothing about marketing, and I know nothing about what is cool. ;)

Shawn-O
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
From the outside looking in, who's the marketing whiz that thought dirty laundry and Bison football would fit together in a marketing campaign? Your opponents will have a field day with this one. JMHO.

SDbison
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
From the outside looking in, who's the marketing whiz that thought dirty laundry and Bison football would fit together in a marketing campaign? Your opponents will have a field day with this one. JMHO.
Yeah, I thought this earlier and knew it was only a matter of time before a UND fan brought it up.........what took you so long Shawn-O? :D

bisonmike2
08-07-2009, 03:56 PM

Maybe we're trying to say, "our football team will make you shiat your pants! And then you'll have to wash your pants and then hang them up to dry." :) Sorry, I'm trying to make sense of it too.

Bison"FANatic"
08-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey you can't say we hide anything we air our dirty laundry right on the billboard along the interstate.:D :D

Tatanka
08-08-2009, 07:19 PM

To quote teh Metallica "Black album": Sad but True.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/SiskoAnimated.gif

Herd
08-09-2009, 04:36 AM
From a pure Marketing standpoint, the billboard is not bad. Its objective from a purely marketing standpoint should be Simple, Stick in Memory, Trigger positive response.

It is not an AD, it is a Marketing Billboard. The Phrase, "The Laundry can wait", isn't too bad. It does not trigger for me (or is it intended to tirgger) the idea of dirty laundry and player suspensions, that is a stretch from its intent.

HerdBot
08-09-2009, 07:45 PM

I agree. It does nothing to sell the experience of going to a Bison Football game. What should we be selling? Tailgating, atmosphere, entertainment, traditon, and high quality D1 football. Sell the experience. How about pics of all the cool rigs in the tailgate log? No tailating pics? It's lame.

They should take a page from Montana's advertising campaign.

Why don't we sell the quality of the opponents? We get to see Northern Iowa and Youngstown State at the dome. Youngstown won 5 National Championships and if you ask 100 people on the street, I bet you 4 of them know that.

MNLonghorn10
08-11-2009, 03:03 AM
i saw the one on 25th last monday and thought it was unqiue and cool...

but after coming back from we-fest, the more i see these spread around all over town..........the more i hate them.

i dont want to be that guy. but it just seems like a kiddish campaign and was thought up after about 5 minutes of brainstorming.

it's boring, not cool, hideous(a laundry basket on a football billboard is dumb)

sorry but this quickly turned into a disaster, imho.

Kermit
08-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I saw a commercial for UND football during the WDAY sports tonight. Same theme as last year "We are North Dakota." It has a similar tone to the "Will you be there?" campaign--and it puts the current NDSU "dirty laundry" crapola to shame.

tjbison
08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I saw a commercial for UND football during the WDAY sports tonight. Same theme as last year "We are North Dakota." It has a similar tone to the "Will you be there?" campaign--and it puts the current NDSU "dirty laundry" crapola to shame.

to be honest I never liked the "WE ARE 1 WE ARE NORTH DAKOTA" campaign, i thought that sounded like a amish colony ad:hide:

but yes not too happy with the marketing right now, curious to see how they do with the BBall team

MNLonghorn10
08-12-2009, 12:33 AM
snow shoveling and ice chipping can wait.

go to the bison basketball game!

tjbison
08-12-2009, 12:34 AM
ok, ISU-Blue must be stepping it up a notch

http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z5ADK/hash/8w0bzg5n.swf?v=576224679593&ev=0

VanClubPres
08-12-2009, 12:57 AM
snow shoveling and ice chipping can wait.

go to the bison basketball game!

"But wear shorts and T-shirts, cause it is gonna be hot at the BSA."