PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Title Game vs N. Alabama - Up & Running

CaBisonFan
08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
We demolished an undefeated Northern Alabama team that had allowed about 7 points a game. They also had allowed only 96 yards rushing per game.

YouTube has a 10-minute limit on the length...and editing this game was tough. Had to skip 'VERY' outstanding and consistent defensive play...and a ton of 3-4 yard runs. The game was really about long drives and ball control. It's one of the best performances...IMO...by a Bison team...ever. Every player blocked, tackled, and played their guts out to dominate a solid N. Alabama team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZrKABqbHiA&feature=channel_page

99Bison
08-03-2009, 01:55 PM
That looked like some physical domination there.

Civil06
08-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks, CA. The play at 4:18 when Bentrim makes the pitch then blocks 2 guys is unbelievable. I wish I could've seen that guy play.

onbison09
08-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Badass as usual. In the future I know some people have like part 1, part 2 for example. But keep em' comin.

Bison_Backer
08-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks, CA. The play at 4:18 when Bentrim makes the pitch then blocks 2 guys is unbelievable. I wish I could've seen that guy play.

Old School veer, pitch the ball then cut the pitch key. Simdorn does it in the 90 final.

SDbison
08-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Great job posting the videos CA. This is the one playoff game I don't have on video and I enjoyed seeing it again.
Is that a young Roadwarrior that appears in the upper right corner in the background at 9:26 into the video?

tony
08-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Old School veer, pitch the ball then cut the pitch key. Simdorn does it in the 90 final.

I bet 9 times out of 10, Simdorn would have kept the ball and cut back into the end zone for a TD, don't you think? Bentrim was a slightly different type of player - pitched more and used to run right through linebackers. When he hit those two guys on the block, he just didn't slow them down, he blew them up.

4mcruenomore
08-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Chad Stark, wow, he brought the wood when he ran. Bentrim is awesome as always.

onbison09
08-04-2009, 04:26 AM
I know, just blew guys up. That announcer wasn't suprised after a little bit.

CaBisonFan
08-04-2009, 06:26 AM

Bentrim was great as usual...but I think of this game as the Chad Stark game. He had over 100 yards in 9 straight playoff games.

I had forgotten how quick he was. My memory of him was of being more like just a bulldozer...but man...he could run. A definite NFL running back. Too bad he tore his knee up so badly. Was it Miami?

CaBisonFan
08-04-2009, 06:28 AM
I bet 9 times out of 10, Simdorn would have kept the ball and cut back into the end zone for a TD, don't you think? Bentrim was a slightly different type of player - pitched more and used to run right through linebackers. When he hit those two guys on the block, he just didn't slow them down, he blew them up.

I agree. Geez Tony...we agree! :D

I'd forgotten how short and quick some of Bentrim's pitches were. Very close to being a handoff...but better.

CaBisonFan
08-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Great job posting the videos CA. This is the one playoff game I don't have on video and I enjoyed seeing it again.
Is that a young Roadwarrior that appears in the upper right corner in the background at 9:26 into the video?

SD - Send me an email at hansgordy@yahoo.com sometime. Got an offer to make you. :nod: