PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 1985 season

CaBisonFan
08-01-2009, 01:48 AM
The 1985 season was a 10-2-1 year, with the Bison miraculously squeaking into the playoffs.

Does anyone know the history? Bentrim was hurt during the year. How many games? Anyone have the schedule? Also...8 teams had to lose and one had to tie on the last Saturday for us to get in. Does anyone know who those teams were?

I'm working on the title game video right now. Would like some info.

CA

umdbulldogs
08-01-2009, 04:14 AM
The 1985 season was a 10-2-1 year, with the Bison miraculously squeaking into the playoffs.

Does anyone know the history? Bentrim was hurt during the year. How many games? Anyone have the schedule? Also...8 teams had to lose and one had to tie on the last Saturday for us to get in. Does anyone know who those teams were?

I'm working on the title game video right now. Would like some info.

CA

I don't want to be rude but GET A LIFE!!! 1985? Really? Who cares at this point? Quit living in the past and start looking to the future! 1985 team? Can't even make that up!

4mcruenomore
08-01-2009, 04:26 AM
I love the old videos. Can't know where you are going if you don't know where you've been IMO. It's called Bison Pride. Not only that, this is our version of how the B10 network replays big games, NFL network does it also, FSN florida what have you. Why would you not like to look at the past big games and remember, or, if you are a younger player/student/fan, learn a bit from the history of the program. I think it's cool.

UncleBuck
08-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Check here:

1985 Bison (http://www.fanbase.com/North-Dakota-State-Bison-Football-1985)

The thing I remember is the Bison didn't think they were going to make the playoffs, so the packed up their equipment and sent the players home because I think they had a open date on the last weekend, and if my ancient memory serves me right, all the teams ranked ahead of them lost or tied, and they made the playoffs. Then they had to scramble to get the players back to get ready for UC-Davis.

4mcruenomore
08-01-2009, 04:34 AM
I think I'd rather see highlights of the Nov. 16th game

Bisonfan1
08-01-2009, 04:34 AM
11:30 PM on a Friday night and I have watched 6 of CaBison's productions on you-tube so far. I really enjoy them !! I am loving life right now. Thanx CaBison.

TransAmBison
08-01-2009, 04:39 AM
I think what our new member is suffering from is jealousy. Must be sad to have no history.

CaBisonFan
08-01-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't want to be rude but GET A LIFE!!! 1985? Really? Who cares at this point? Quit living in the past and start looking to the future! 1985 team? Can't even make that up!

I'm trying to put together a history of Bison football with videos...going back to the early 60s when the great tradition began. I'm enjoying putting the history together, and have had others say that they are enjoying it. Are you really from UMD? Something smells. Is there a north wind tonight?

CaBisonFan
08-01-2009, 06:51 AM
11:30 PM on a Friday night and I have watched 6 of CaBison's productions on you-tube so far. I really enjoy them !! I am loving life right now. Thanx CaBison.

That's what they're for BisonFan1. I'm having fun putting them together. I'm a bit on the disabled list these days (not serious), so it gives me something to do. Thanks!

TheBisonator
08-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Could've been playing for the I-AA championship that year if we didn't have complete imbeciles running the university...

sambini
08-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Ca 85 They Had To Plow Off Dacotah Field It Was Full Of Snow. To Practice