PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Jangula Update

tony
07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
He's back in state and rehabbing the knee he hurt while at New Orleans. Sounds like he'll be giving it another shot next year.

http://www.willistonherald.com/articles/2009/07/28/sports/doc4a6f160919c52504263876.txt

westnodak93bison
07-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Would be cool if he made it. Have partied with his old man Henry. The guy is a hoot.

Herd Mentality
07-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Henry is the bomb. The Jangula's are a great family all around.

Bison bison
07-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I thought it was spelled Jan Goola?

BisonNeil
07-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Have partied with his old man Henry. The guy is a hoot.

I am proud to say that when I met him in Laramie I kissed his feet for giving us Tyler.

While I loved Tyler's soft hands out of the backfield, I truly enjoyed him putting the hurt bag to opposing defenders. Seeing the Tylers X 2 put the pain to the Central Michigan defensive backfield, only to have them over run plays so they didn't have to take the hits anymore, was a thing of beauty and will be indelibly burned into my hard drive until I take a dirt nap.

56BISON73
07-31-2009, 02:27 AM
I am proud to say that when I met him in Laramie I kissed his feet for giving us Tyler.

While I loved Tyler's soft hands out of the backfield, I truly enjoyed him putting the hurt bag to opposing defenders. Seeing the Tylers X 2 put the pain to the Central Michigan efensive backfield, only to have them over run plays so they didn't have to take the hits anymore, was a thing of beauty and will be indelibly burned into my hard drive until I take a dirt nap.

The kid had so many tools that I am still astounded that they didnt use him more effectively. There is one thing I have noted about Bohl. I dont think he is very flexible within his own system. If this is what your job is this is it. Period.

stevdock
07-31-2009, 03:40 AM
The kid had so many tools that I am still astounded that they didnt use him more effectively. There is one thing I have noted about Bohl. I dont think he is very flexible within his own system. If this is what your job is this is it. Period.

I agree with the statement overall, but what more would you have like to have seen??

56BISON73
07-31-2009, 03:55 AM
I agree with the statement overall, but what more would you have like to have seen??

I think he should have gotten more touches. It seemed to me when he got the ball things happened.
That could be due to the fact that he was used primarily as a blocker and the D didnt have a good key on when he was going to get the ball. I dont know. But he was productive when he touched the ball and it was frustrating watching and predicting what the next play was going to be.
I just think he was under utilized.

North Side
07-31-2009, 04:59 AM
I thought it was spelled Jan Goola?

Ha Ha no one here works for the Big Ten Network

WYOBISONMAN
07-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I think he should have gotten more touches. It seemed to me when he got the ball things happened.
That could be due to the fact that he was used primarily as a blocker and the D didnt have a good key on when he was going to get the ball. I dont know. But he was productive when he touched the ball and it was frustrating watching and predicting what the next play was going to be.
I just think he was under utilized.

I would agree with that. I would have liked to see more of Tyler.

sambini
07-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Good luck Tyler in your rehab+++

tony
07-31-2009, 08:36 PM

Well, I'm not sure that's fair. I mean, somehow Roehl got shifted from fullback to running back so that's a bit of flexibility. I'm just not sure what role Jangula could have been more productive at than he was at fullback - although I do wish he would have more passes come his way. Could you expand on what you meant?

56BISON73
08-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Well, I'm not sure that's fair. I mean, somehow Roehl got shifted from fullback to running back so that's a bit of flexibility. I'm just not sure what role Jangula could have been more productive at than he was at fullback - although I do wish he would have more passes come his way. Could you expand on what you meant?

Roehl Was a position change for the betterment of the team. In that regard I dont think you can call that flexibility.
On many teams the fullbacks main job isnt just to block. I think he couldve of had more touches in the running game and with the passing game. You have to keep the D honest. He could have been a weapon. Roehl was hurt but they kept giving him the ball even though the D was keying on him and stacking the box. The fullback sliding out of the back field is very hard to defend so I couldnt understand why that wasnt used more also. Opposing teams had pretty good success with it against us.

westnodak93bison
08-02-2009, 04:14 PM
seemed to me the opposing defenses were watching the fullback pass like a hawk last year?