PDA

View Full Version : Football Picking Contest

bigsalukifan
07-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Hey guys. Let me introduce myself.

I am a writer and blogger for the SIU Salukis. I run my own website http://www.gosalukis.webs.com and write for Saluki Illustrated - the official magazine of SIU Athletics.

I am holding a games picking contest through my site. I would love to have more than just SIU fans involved to add rivalry and competition and other views to the contest.

Here's how it works:

The contestants would email their picks each week by Friday and then a leaderboard would be updated each Sunday to show who did the best. The winner will win a prize at the end of the FCS Playoffs. There is no limit to the panel and everyone can join.

There is a $5 fee for joining. The winner will win a portion of the proceeds, with the amount to be determined by the amount of people that sign up. Ideally, there'd be at least 20, and the winner would take a $50 prize.

Email me at bigsalukifan@yahoo.com or PM me if you are interested. Registration ends a week before our first game. You can pick by your handle or by the name your parents gave you at birth. I hope several of you all join!

McBison
07-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Send me $5 bucks and your picks, ill let you know what you win...when you win. If you send me $10 I'll let you pick twice a week!

IzzyFlexion
07-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Has this guy ever heard of an Attorney General??

Bison15
07-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey guys. Let me introduce myself.

I am a writer and blogger for the SIU Salukis. I run my own website http://www.gosalukis.webs.com and write for Saluki Illustrated - the official magazine of SIU Athletics.

I am holding a games picking contest through my site. I would love to have more than just SIU fans involved to add rivalry and competition and other views to the contest.

Here's how it works:

The contestants would email their picks each week by Friday and then a leaderboard would be updated each Sunday to show who did the best. The winner will win a prize at the end of the FCS Playoffs. There is no limit to the panel and everyone can join.

There is a $5 fee for joining. The winner will win a portion of the proceeds, with the amount to be determined by the amount of people that sign up. Ideally, there'd be at least 20, and the winner would take a $50 prize.

Email me at bigsalukifan@yahoo.com or PM me if you are interested. Registration ends a week before our first game. You can pick by your handle or by the name your parents gave you at birth. I hope several of you all join!

This doesn't sound legal to me? How does SIU athletics feel about you betting on games or running a gambling ring as writer of their official publication? Granted, all in good fun but more suited for the water-cooler.

Bison15
07-24-2009, 03:41 PM

Where does the other $50 go? Rent for your mom's basement.

bigsalukifan
07-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Where does the other $50 go? Rent for your mom's basement.

No the money not given to the winner goes back into the site to cover hosting fees and expenses. It's halfway a fundraiser for the site and the other half is a contest. It's the same idea of Fantasy Football where the winner takes home part of what he paid into the pot and the other part goes to the league to keep it going. It's a $5 fee one time.

TILIS-BisonFan
07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
No the money not given to the winner goes back into the site to cover hosting fees and expenses. It's halfway a fundraiser for the site and the other half is a contest. It's the same idea of Fantasy Football where the winner takes home part of what he paid into the pot and the other part goes to the league to keep it going. It's a $5 fee one time.

so NDSU fans can give 50% to help a saluki site? count me out.. im not sure u are gonna get much love here. i like gambling of all sorts but this is hugely -ev.

our fantasy football dues that dont get paid out to the winner goes to running our league on owners edge and renting a room in the restaurant/bar for the draft.. The commish doesnt get a cut..

I got a feeling you are going to have to revamp your payout schedule quite a bit and take less of a cut.. What expenses and hosting fees are there? Give us some more details Or just lie better on where it is going..

Heck why dont i just start a bisonville league 5 bucks, 10 bucks, whatever the majority would want and set up a simple spreadsheet and not take a cut.. taking 50% is ridic to expect from bison fans helping run a saluki site..

UTH
07-24-2009, 11:14 PM
... and I'm a little uncomfortable with the thought of an open internet forum, especially our beloved Bisonville, becoming a gambling hub...:hide:

bigsalukifan
07-25-2009, 01:29 AM
so NDSU fans can give 50% to help a saluki site? count me out.. im not sure u are gonna get much love here. i like gambling of all sorts but this is hugely -ev.

our fantasy football dues that dont get paid out to the winner goes to running our league on owners edge and renting a room in the restaurant/bar for the draft.. The commish doesnt get a cut..

I got a feeling you are going to have to revamp your payout schedule quite a bit and take less of a cut.. What expenses and hosting fees are there? Give us some more details Or just lie better on where it is going..

Heck why dont i just start a bisonville league 5 bucks, 10 bucks, whatever the majority would want and set up a simple spreadsheet and not take a cut.. taking 50% is ridic to expect from bison fans helping run a saluki site..

I have to pay hosting fees to keep my site up and running. I'm not asking Bisons fans to help keep it running, I was hoping for a little diversity in the contests with the picks because SIU fans would obviously pick SIU every league game. Also, opening it up to more people will help the pot get bigger. I'm needing to raise about $50 to keep the site functioning. I am also trying to buy a domain name that will be costly. If I can raise enough for the site, I can make the pot larger and make it a 60-40 cut or 70-30. There's several expenses that need covered since I operated this by my self. Transportation, camera, etc...I am a freelancer and don't have an automatic salary.

gotts
07-25-2009, 04:06 AM
I have to pay hosting fees to keep my site up and running. I'm not asking Bisons fans to help keep it running, I was hoping for a little diversity in the contests with the picks because SIU fans would obviously pick SIU every league game. Also, opening it up to more people will help the pot get bigger. I'm needing to raise about $50 to keep the site functioning. I am also trying to buy a domain name that will be costly. If I can raise enough for the site, I can make the pot larger and make it a 60-40 cut or 70-30. There's several expenses that need covered since I operated this by my self. Transportation, camera, etc...I am a freelancer and don't have an automatic salary.

If you can help us raise an additional $15MM on the side, we might be able to negotiate...

4mcruenomore
07-25-2009, 04:10 AM
Isn't it the Sioux-lukis? Isn't this just another Lennon team (UND?) So basicly another UND based scheme going on here.

Rockbear99
07-27-2009, 11:48 PM
I dont know has TAB turned on us with all he has learned from the scam baits.

TransAmBison
07-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Seems kind of funny that his first post is asking for money... :(:hide:

aces1180
07-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!

tjbison
07-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!

Changing 1600!!!!!!!

or you could buy a bullet and rent a gun

some classic lines in that movie

aces1180
07-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Changing 1600!!!!!!!

or you could buy a bullet and rent a gun

some classic lines in that movie

Agreed...They could have made that movie even better if it had been rated R.

UTH
07-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Agreed...They could have made that movie even better if it had been rated R.

In the name of keeping Bisonville clear of any active gambling operations, I would hereby like to declare this the

Official Chevy Chase Thread!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/0000462876-56632L.jpg

All voting in favor?*

*vote with favorite quotes / pictures / videos...;)

UTH
07-29-2009, 05:29 AM
All voting in favor?*

*vote with favorite quotes / pictures / videos...;)

OK. Lemme start with a lost clip I just found...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/caddyshack2.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjqvEktoSo)*

*click the pic. you know you want to;)