PDA

View Full Version : Lane Trandstrom

4mcruenomore
07-19-2009, 04:31 AM
Good article on him in the Bismarck Tribune today. Good athlete from Richardton-Hebron. Not saying he is DI-AA starting material, but a very good QB none the less. How does a kid like this fall thru the cracks and end up signing to play basketball at BSC? I feel the QB recruiting at NDSU has fallen off the face of the earth. Why not bring this kid in and see what he has, we needed some players at this position. Just some thoughts in this long off season!

Jdubs21
07-19-2009, 07:10 AM
it costs alot of money to just pay for someones college just to "see what he's got"

CaBisonFan
07-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Good article on him in the Bismarck Tribune today. Good athlete from Richardton-Hebron. Not saying he is DI-AA starting material, but a very good QB none the less. How does a kid like this fall thru the cracks and end up signing to play basketball at BSC? I feel the QB recruiting at NDSU has fallen off the face of the earth. Why not bring this kid in and see what he has, we needed some players at this position. Just some thoughts in this long off season!

Where is he playing BB? Any film on him? BSC? Bemidji?

tjbison
07-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Well if he was that good, being in the Western part of ND why didn't Mary, Minot, Dickinson, Jamestown, Valley City, UND, SDSU, USD, Montana, Montana St, Black Hills or any of those schools pick him up? I don't think its NDSU that could find him its probably a fact that he isn't as great:hide:

semobison
07-19-2009, 02:41 PM
BSC, Bismarck State College, or to some of us it will always be BJC, Bismarck Junior College, Harvard on the Hill!

BisonNolesFan77
07-19-2009, 05:20 PM

Unless the coaches think that he has the potential to be starting material, why bring him in for a look? Do you want to pay for his scholarship just to give him a look? Oh, and I don't think he has fallen through the cracks if he isn't even playing college football! Not even Jamestown, or Valley City, or any of the other NAIA in ND, that says something right there, he's not that good! 1 for 3 for 1 yard in the 9 Man game yesterday, hell of a performance!

4mcruenomore
07-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Well, he obviously didn't play more than 1 series, give him a break. I was just using him as an example, I don't know if he is a phenom or not. My point was that we didn't even have a back up really, and I'm sure there were kids like this out there that would be ok with being a back up and running the practice squad. People are really crabby on this message board lately, I can't wait til we lose the first few games and are 0-whatever. Lighten up people, it's a football discussion.

tjbison
07-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Well, he obviously didn't play more than 1 series, give him a break. I was just using him as an example, I don't know if he is a phenom or not. My point was that we didn't even have a back up really, and I'm sure there were kids like this out there that would be ok with being a back up and running the practice squad. People are really crabby on this message board lately, I can't wait til we lose the first few games and are 0-whatever. Lighten up people, it's a football discussion.

Well I sort of agree, but I also would like to see the Backup have some Talent with a shot at playing, not saying he doesn't, but its obvious that he is lacking something if he can't get on with a NAIA school, and I guess when you said "NDSU Qb recruiting has fallen off the face of the earth" i took it another way

BisBison
07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
BSC, Bismarck State College, or to some of us it will always be BJC, Bismarck Junior College, Harvard on the Hill!

Or the original name after Harold Schafer donated the land to build it. Schafer Heights Institute of Technology. You see why the acronym didn't work.:D

A1pigskin
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Or the original name after Harold Schafer donated the land to build it. Schafer Heights Institute of Technology. You see why the acronym didn't work.:D

LOL............................................