PDA

View Full Version : Invitation for the ISU game weekend

56BISON73
07-18-2009, 01:54 AM
For those going to the ISU game.
If someone wants to stick around till Sat UNI is playing the Iowa Hawkeyes in Iowa City. I have an extra ticket to that game if some one want to go. The ticket is on me. You will also be my guest at the Iowa letter winners annual all players reunion and cookout. (free food)
Gary Barta is usually there as the Iowa AD and many players from the past show up who played in the NFL. Its a pretty good time.
Let me know if you are interested.

sambini
07-18-2009, 02:14 PM
For those going to the ISU game.
If someone wants to stick around till Sat UNI is playing the Iowa Hawkeyes in Iowa City. I have an extra ticket to that game if some one want to go. The ticket is on me. You will also be my guest at the Iowa letter winners annual all players reunion and cookout. (free food)
Gary Barta is usually there as the Iowa AD and many players from the past show up who played in the NFL. Its a pretty good time.
Let me know if you are interested.
We are thinking of doing it also.

56BISON73
07-18-2009, 08:03 PM
We are thinking of doing it also.

That would be great!!!!

17>1
07-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Go Hawkeyes !!! That could turn out to be a pretty fun weekend. There's a part of me that would love to go check out the facilities & atmosphere, and a chance to see the Hawkeyes in person for the first time, etc etc. But I think making the NDSU-ISU game on my tight budget will have to be sufficient. Is it game time yet ???? Go Herd !!!

mebisonII
07-20-2009, 02:51 PM
PL, I'd be in for that...and I'm certain I won't end up being out town this time!

I'll also offer my kitchen, deck, and cooking skills* for a pre-game breakfast or post-game supper, or whatever works out best to any Bisonvillers and family or friends who wants to come by.

*My wife says I'm a great cook...but then she kind of has to if she doesn't want to go hungry :p

mebisonII
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
P.S. The above applies to anyone, regardless of whether you are going to any of the games. If you will be in IC that weekend for any reason, let me know!

56BISON73
07-20-2009, 03:11 PM
PL, I'd be in for that...and I'm certain I won't end up being out town this time!

I'll also offer my kitchen, deck, and cooking skills* for a pre-game breakfast or post-game supper, or whatever works out best to any Bisonvillers and family or friends who wants to come by.

*My wife says I'm a great cook...but then she kind of has to if she doesn't want to go hungry :p

Sounds good. The kickoff should be at 11:00-11:30 and the cookout should start at around 8:30-9??? so we will need to get there early. PM me with your contact information.

G-city Bison Fan
07-20-2009, 11:13 PM
PL-

Our group is also going to be doing this. My little sister (NDSU '08) is at UI for her MS currently. Should be 8 of us NDSU alums at the UI vs. UNI game cheering for the Hawkeyes.

I am sure we will tailgate, however knowing how insane the tailgating is there I doubt we will be able to find a decent spot anywhere close to the stadium. But if there is going to be a contingent of Bison fans there, it would be great to get everyone together and show our anti-UNI sentiment. :)

unbison
07-21-2009, 02:06 AM
can lakes and i come 56... u know me though i will have my gopher gear on that day...... hehe

56BISON73
07-21-2009, 02:25 AM
can lakes and i come 56... u know me though i will have my gopher gear on that day...... hehe

Sure you can come. You might have trouble getting through security.:D
Seriously--someone else has already taken me up on the offer for the game ticket etc. I did just send in my information for the cookout and requested 4. So if you guys want to come no problem. You should beable to get game tickets cheaper off of ebay or scalpers before the game. or just call the ticket office. I think they are 52.00 a pop.

56BISON73
07-21-2009, 02:27 AM
PL-

Our group is also going to be doing this. My little sister (NDSU '08) is at UI for her MS currently. Should be 8 of us NDSU alums at the UI vs. UNI game cheering for the Hawkeyes.

I am sure we will tailgate, however knowing how insane the tailgating is there I doubt we will be able to find a decent spot anywhere close to the stadium. But if there is going to be a contingent of Bison fans there, it would be great to get everyone together and show our anti-UNI sentiment. :)

Lets keep in touch when the game gets alittle closer and we can figure out who all is going to be there.

G-city Bison Fan
07-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Lets keep in touch when the game gets alittle closer and we can figure out who all is going to be there.

Sounds great, should be a great time.

56BISON73
08-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Sounds great, should be a great time.

Looks like Sambini and group will be there also. MebisonII lives in Iowa City and wants to know if anyone wants to come over to his place after the game for brats etc.

sambini
08-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes our group is going also+++++

mebisonII
08-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Looks like Sambini and group will be there also. MebisonII lives in Iowa City and wants to know if anyone wants to come over to his place after the game for brats etc.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

sambini
08-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Looking forward to seeing Kinick Stadium.

mebisonII
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Looking forward to seeing Kinick Stadium.

Sambini, you've never been there? I've actually only been in once, for a spring 'game'. Its actually a pretty plain stadium as far as structures go. Looking forward to seeing it full...I'm sure the crowds are what makes the magic!

56BISON73
08-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Sambini, you've never been there? I've actually only been in once, for a spring 'game'. Its actually a pretty plain stadium as far as structures go. Looking forward to seeing it full...I'm sure the crowds are what makes the magic!

Theyve done alot of remodeling but it still has the the classic look of an older stadium. But at game time the atmosphere is just electric!!!!

sambini
08-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Sounds like some other places We've been to also.

Herd
08-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Let's hope for some success in Ames, so you can wear your Bison stuff in Iowa City and get some congratuatations for the Hawk fans!

G-city Bison Fan
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM

My sister is actually a graduate student there currently as well and has a small apartment. I am sure the guys would be up for hanging out with the wiser, more senior members of this esteemed board.

As I am currently a bit out of the loop, I will talk to the guys and see what our plans our and I am sure we can find you guys pre/post game.

Lookin forward to it.

56BISON73
08-09-2009, 09:22 PM
My sister is actually a graduate student there currently as well and has a small apartment. I am sure the guys would be up for hanging out with the wiser, more senior members of this esteemed board.

As I am currently a bit out of the loop, I will talk to the guys and see what our plans our and I am sure we can find you guys pre/post game.

Lookin forward to it.

How many guys?

sambini
08-10-2009, 02:50 AM
8 in our party

56BISON73
08-10-2009, 02:55 AM
8 in our party

Is Gary taking you to the pregame cookout?