PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State University developing architecture program

HerdBot
07-14-2009, 02:52 AM
There is a story in the Forum on this. Now all the SDSU students have an in state option for architecture which will make them more competitive. Of course NDSU's is a vastly superior program but this will certainly help them out. Our big shot receiver we got out of California went to NDSU mainly because of the program. I hope we are looking at adding additional programs to get an edge.

huckleberry
07-14-2009, 05:29 AM
Our OLD rivals 'try' to follow us in athletics, the new one in the classroom? hmmm

TheBisonator
07-14-2009, 08:18 PM
SDSU needed this badly whether or not it would effect NDSU's program. I originally went to college for architecture, and my top two choices were NDSU and Iowa State. I was puzzled as to why the state of South Dakota didn't have an architecture program. In either case, NDSU's program will always be better than SDSU's due to its more urban setting and superior facilities. But it's good that SDSU started this up.

mebisonII
07-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I was surprised once I got out of my NDSU bubble to find out how few schools have architectures. I just assumed anyone with an engineering program had architecture too.

Good for SDSU. I agree that this isn't really a matter of 'following' NDSU*, but a matter of seeing a need and an opportunity and taking advantage of it.

*not that would stop my from giving the rabbits a hard time about it during rock week.