PDA

View Full Version : red river valley fair is a joke.

MNLonghorn10
07-11-2009, 05:17 PM
who's ever idea was it to make the concert free, needs to be fired. or should've been fired last night.

nothing like waiting, 45 minutes just to get in last night-while they had 2 people working the gate admission booth. the line stretched from the fence west of bonanzaville all the way to main ave...plus im sure it curved.

beer tickets was again, 3 people trying to serve what it seemed like 3,000 people. another long ass line.

yay for 10 portapotties on the dirt. nothing like people who just walk right up and go without having to wait in line like the rest of us. i did make 10 dollars selling my spot in line though.

i think next year should go back to paying to get into the shows. that way you can actually get a decent line up of concerts with all the money youre pulling in this year(the grand stands were packed for zac brown band of all people).

don't know if itll be like this the rest of the week, but if so, dont arrive around 7:00. youll be stuck in line. and also, over purchase beer tickets.

EndZoneQB
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Concerts aren't free the rest of the week. And yes, over purchase tickets, but you might as well get all of the beer right away, no sense in waiting in any line. I showed up about 8-830 and walked right in, so that wasn't so bad. Got decent grandstand seats, then went on the dirt with a few songs left and was able to get within a few feet of the stage.

But yeah, not a good idea. Usually it's like 32 below for the free show, and that still draws a HUGE crowd. I personally thought since Green Day was playing at the FD, the crowd would be a lot smaller. At one point there was only one person serving beer at the bottle spot. That is unacceptable IMO.

BigBison
07-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I went to the concert last night I showed up at 7:30 and had to wait in line for about 20 mins. I think the fair is alot better than last year but it could still be better. Zac Brown Band was awesome last night however some of there solos got long. Oh well for 7 bucks its a hella good deal. You guys need to quite complaining. I didnt even get a beer last night because the line was so long...

tjbison
07-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Ever been to the MN State fair, talk about standing in line, although the deepfried snickers were worth it:hide: :)

EndZoneQB
07-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I didnt even get a beer last night because the line was so long...

Exactly. I probably missed half of the concert. Going in through the beer garden on the west side was the hidden secret. People had to wait in line 45mins-hour to get in to the beer serving area. I only waited like 10 for tickets and like 30 for beer.

Bisonguy
07-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Sorry, all I could think of when I saw the title of this thread was this :hide: :

(Of course, Flava Flav singing this)

Hit me
Going going gone
Now I went to the RRV fair a long time ago
Don't you see how long the lines gettin'?
They only take your tickets when they wanna
But don't bring a flask or you'll be a goner
They don't care 'cause they stay paid anyway
They're slow as hell and they can't be betrayed
I know you stumble with no use people
If your life depends on getting beer you're dead today
Late comings with the late comin' ticket grabber
That's a Wal-Mart greeter in disguise y'all betcha
I call 'em ticket snatchers slow they come to fetch ya?
Maybe before Christmas they'll have that beer for ya
Can't find a pisser to go take a leak
Not even a damn tree for the relief that I seek
I can prove it to you watch the rotation
It all adds up to a funky situation
So get up get, get get down
RRV fair is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
RRV fair wears the long line crown

RRV fair is a joke

huckleberry
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
At least there is BIG-NAME concerts and classy women. 'drippin sarcasm big-time'

BisonBabe
07-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Do you really think that they can afford to bring in the big name acts. Come on gang. The fair board does not have a lot of money to work with. Most of these acts get paid regardless of whether they play or not. If it storms they collect their check and the band takes off. This has happened way to many times in the last few years with the fair being in early/mid June. Maybe with moving the fair to July things will be much better and in a couple of years they can afford to get bigger name bands. In the mean time be happy that it is still going on.

tjbison
07-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Do you really think that they can afford to bring in the big name acts. Come on gang. The fair board does not have a lot of money to work with. Most of these acts get paid regardless of whether they play or not. If it storms they collect their check and the band takes off. This has happened way to many times in the last few years with the fair being in early/mid June. Maybe with moving the fair to July things will be much better and in a couple of years they can afford to get bigger name bands. In the mean time be happy that it is still going on.

People complain about everything

NDSUFan_Sav
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Trailer Choir was pretty sweet definitely wouldn't mind seeing them again!

mebisonII
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Trailer Choir was pretty sweet definitely wouldn't mind seeing them again!

Do they do the "Rockin' the Beer Gut" song? Heard that for the first time the other day and just about died laughing.

duluthbison
07-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Do they do the "Rockin' the Beer Gut" song? Heard that for the first time the other day and just about died laughing.

Yeah, I definitley couldn't believe what I was hearing when I first heard it on the radio!! My girlfriend and her sister actually got to do a meet n' greet thru froggy 99 for trailer choir.

mebisonII
07-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I definitley couldn't believe what I was hearing when I first heard it on the radio!! My girlfriend and her sister actually got to do a meet n' greet thru froggy 99 for trailer choir.

My wife was slightly less than impressed with that song :p Ranks right up there with Honky-tonk Badonkadonk in her book (which was another song that almost made me have to pull over to stop laughing the first time I heard it).

BisonBabe
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Anyone taken their kids to the rides this year? Is it worth the $25 unlimited rides charge? With money tight due to unemployment we have to weigh the pennies carefully. The kids did not go to the fair last year so I hate to make them miss this year as well.

MNLonghorn10
07-15-2009, 10:06 PM
didnt walk down the midway at all, but it looks to be the same rides, different year.

theres a power tower type deal that i dont think i've seen before. course i havent rode a ride there in years either.

NDSUFan_Sav
07-16-2009, 07:05 AM

they played it twice once early and then towards the end and they filmed it to put it on their website....they played some cover songs too....crowd was lovin' it.

Da_Bizon
07-16-2009, 07:24 PM
I've been to the concerts 2 nights this year... not real impressed. I went Friday just to see the Zac Brown Band... they were pretty good, but IMHO, Julianna Hough ruined the mood for me. Her songs were slow and she just didn't sound that good... not to mention the 25 minute wait for the port-a-potty. Then there was Diamond Rio last night... they've disappointed 2 years in a row for me. Last year, at Ribfest, they played 45 minutes and left. No encore, nothing. This year, it was 1 hour 15 minutes with a one-song encore... Seriously- what concert ends at 9:20? I love their music, but I sure as heck won't be going to their concerts anymore. I'm sick of being left holding a full beer when they are kicking people out.

EndZoneQB
07-17-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm sick of being left holding a full beer when they are kicking people out.

Beer garden usually has entertainment after the shows.

MNLonghorn10
07-17-2009, 07:34 AM
they should just go ahead and schedule hairball for 6 of the nights, that way we can all hear the kick assness of rock n roll

mebisonII
07-17-2009, 01:14 PM
they should just go ahead and schedule hairball for 6 of the nights, that way we can all hear the kick assness of rock n roll

I can't tell for sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but that actually sounds pretty good to me. :blush:

They should get Chicago. Saw them two years ago at the Great Jones County fair and they still put on a flat out awesome show.

Da_Bizon
07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Beer garden usually has entertainment after the shows.

Right, but I mean I got the beer in hopes of finishing it before the main act was done. To tell you the truth, though, I enjoyed my time listening to them than I did the main act, so I guess it worked out.

MNLonghorn10
07-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I can't tell for sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but that actually sounds pretty good to me. :blush:

They should get Chicago. Saw them two years ago at the Great Jones County fair and they still put on a flat out awesome show.
No sarcasm, just more time for them to cover more bands. They're pretty bad ass.

EndZoneQB
07-17-2009, 03:21 PM

You know it was really pretty nice. They played for about 3 hours, and you never really got tired of it because it was hit after hit after hit. There were like zero songs you didn't atleast hear 100x prior to the concert. Wish it would have been a weekend show so I could have "enjoyed" it more.

Still miss Poison themselves tho.

MAKBison
07-31-2009, 07:26 AM

Maybe if the charged the booths more money....water, space, and electrify for pennies, of course that would require painting the place...which might in return get rid of the garbage vendors, which might in turn cause people to actually walk around, you know gererate interest.......my point is the FB has a lot of issues with the biggest one being the need to disolv the cluster &^&% they call a board.