PDA

View Full Version : Winkleman to Italy

imabison
07-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Just on WDAY Winkelman signs to play for team in Italy!!

Way to go Winks. Out of about a dozen teams it paid the most, and he
seems to feel he can contribute and play right away.

IzzyFlexion
07-07-2009, 12:30 AM
I believe that he'll do great over there. His high level of intelligence will no doubt help acclimate him to a new culture, language, etc.
I hope he has a blast and makes an "S" load of money!

huckleberry
07-07-2009, 01:15 AM
$80-$100k US? taxfree. congrats

Mr. Burgundy
07-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Or exactly 1/10 of what he will make when this kid starts to work in the real world. He is one talented kid. Congrats. Keep making everyone proud. Great start!!!

ndsubison1
07-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Congrats Winks and best of luck!

TheDoctor
07-07-2009, 05:23 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/245854/group/Sports/

Article states Nelly is right behind. His agent places 100% of the guys he signs. Either is extremely selective, extremely good, or a little of both! ;)

sambini
07-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Good luck Brett

Superfan
07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Or exactly 1/10 of what he will make when this kid starts to work in the real world. He is one talented kid. Congrats. Keep making everyone proud. Great start!!!

How much do you think engineers are paid? Granted with his resume he can come out making more than most right away but it's still not in the area of what he's making now.

Trim
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
How much do you think engineers are paid? Granted with his resume he can come out making more than most right away but it's still not in the area of what he's making now.

Good Engineers with experience certainly make in the 6 figures, but the 1/10th comment is probably because he will be a CEO of a company some day. He has said that is what he wants to do.

Superfan
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Good Engineers with experience certainly make in the 6 figures, but the 1/10th comment is probably because he will be a CEO of a company some day. He has said that is what he wants to do.

No most good engineers with lots of experience definately do not make 6 figures. I would agree that some do. If he were to become CEO then definately but his comment said 1/10 of what he would make when he starts out in the real world. Not after 15 or 20 years. Don't get me wrong I think Winks is a very bright kid and stands a real chance to make a good money as an engineer. But he won't make what he's making now until years down the road.

Herd80
07-10-2009, 02:44 PM

It's pretty obvious that Mr B is talking long term potential regarding Brett. I agree, the kid has the highest quality athletic/academic vita to come out of NDSU in a long time...if not ever. Add outstanding leadership qualities and you have a guy who many a company would seek out for executive training programs pretty quickly. I know I'll be watching for Brett's name in alumni publications in the future.

ndsubison1
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Winkleman will be making 6 figures from day 1 when he goes out into the job world