PDA

View Full Version : Kuhtz backs out of commitment to Bison....

WYOBISONMAN
07-04-2009, 11:39 AM
What is up with this.....from the Forum...

Brian Kuhtz, who was expected to play linebacker for North Dakota State this fall after committing to the school following a transfer from Wyoming, has decided he will not join Bison.

Linky: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/245702/

Wow.....another one bites the dust! I would have thought this position stuff would have been mostly settled when a player commits.

HandoEX
07-04-2009, 11:45 AM
At least we're pretty deep at LB. Good luck to him. Who would have thought a guy playing linebacker at an FBS school would end up transfering to play QB and wide receiver at a DIII school!

:confused:

NDSU1980
07-04-2009, 02:00 PM
That's too bad. He could started at qb for us. Last I heard we still needed someone.

rutlandbison
07-04-2009, 02:14 PM
That's too bad. He could started at qb for us. Last I heard we still needed someone.
No we don't. Nick Mertens is starting for us.

Anyway, maybe the kid just wanted to play offense and be at a more glorified position.

NDSU1980
07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Nick Mertens is starting for us.

We are all aware of that. Why do you think we are still looking?

Bison"FANatic"
07-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Well thats to bad. Interesting to see that he wants to play offense and we are a little short at wide receiver and he still was going to be put on D. Sometimes you don't like to hear what the coaches have to say but they call it as they see it. You would have thoght that he would have had a easy transition with Breske coming here but maybe there is some bad blood there that they didn't get along or something. To bad he didn't make the decision months ago. Was he hear for spring semester?

BisonNeil
07-04-2009, 03:18 PM
At least we're pretty deep at LB. Good luck to him. Who would have thought a guy playing linebacker at an FBS school would end up transfering to play QB and wide receiver at a DIII school!

:confused:

Actually, he was recruited to play CB at Wyo and was switched to FS. He has never played a down as a LB.

Nystrom recruited him when in HS and that was Kuhtz's connection with NDSU.

At Wyo he didn't participate in winter conditioning after the 07 season and he went back to WI during the summer of 08 because he was homesick, therefore he didn't participate in summer conditioning. He ended up getting mono or something, and didn't really practice last fall as a result.So he has been out of football for a while.

I don't know this as fact but I would be willing to bet he knew he had no future as a Bison on the D side of the ball with Breske as DC. I know a lot of people had Kuhtz penciled in as a starting OLB since he was a FBS transfer, but he never played the position, anywhere. A HS CB and QB is a long way from a FCS LB, IMO.

I wish him all the best, but he was never going to fit into this team, with these coaches IMO, and I think he knew that.

IzzyFlexion
07-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Theory:
1. He initially commits to a Wyoming offer. Has visions of being a successful FBS fb player. Willing to be designated as a defensive player just to belong.

2. After standing on the sidelines for the first few games of his freshman eligible year (year 2 in the program) realizes he's a smaller fish than he thought he would be.

3. Sees the FCS Bison come to Laramie and put up a good fight and thinks.....hum....FCS, closer to home, home crowds nearly as large.......bet I can convince them them that I can play offense for them. Commits to NDSU.

4. Gets frustrated that the coaches are sticking to their guns in keeping him on defense. Wanderlust and visions of more glory resurface.

5. Backs out of NDSU committment (douche move) and takes yet another step downward in order to play offense for Whitewater.

SUMMARY:
Wishy-Washy and selfish player moves on to his 3rd campus in less than a half of a year.
Good luck and see ya later. Back to Bison football.

CaBisonFan
07-04-2009, 03:53 PM
He committed but was NE-VER committed...to football...or maybe anything. Maybe he'll decide to play volleyball by the time he hits the next campus. I'm all for young people doing what's right for their lives...but in this case...good riddance. Bet he wasn't sure when he committed to North Dakota State.

As my Don Morton article was really supposed to be about...we want 'only' guys who wanna play Bison football...meaning doing whatever it takes for the team to win. According to what I've read here...he wasn't the type of player that we wanted...regardless of his physical abilities.

The only 'real' reason to play for the Bison is to be a big-time winner.

That's the way...we want it...ah huh, ah huh...that's the way...we want it.

bisonmike2
07-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Theory:
1. He initially commits to a Wyoming offer. Has visions of being a successful FBS fb player. Willing to be designated as a defensive player just to belong.

2. After standing on the sidelines for the first few games of his freshman eligible year (year 2 in the program) realizes he's a smaller fish than he thought he would be.

3. Sees the FCS Bison come to Laramie and put up a good fight and thinks.....hum....FCS, closer to home, home crowds nearly as large.......bet I can convince them them that I can play offense for them. Commits to NDSU.

4. Gets frustrated that the coaches are sticking to their guns in keeping him on defense. Wanderlust and visions of more glory resurface.

5. Backs out of NDSU committment (douche move) and takes yet another step downward in order to play offense for Whitewater.

SUMMARY:
Wishy-Washy and selfish player moves on to his 3rd campus in less than a half of a year.

Couldn't have said it any better.

rutlandbison
07-04-2009, 04:32 PM
We are all aware of that. Why do you think we are still looking?
Who are they looking at? Dante Perez??

CaBisonFan
07-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Who are they looking at? Dante Perez??

Not sure...but I think that's still in the works.

rutlandbison
07-04-2009, 05:12 PM
It's July. Personally if Bohl was really thinking he was going to get another QB, that QB would be here by now getting his timing with the WR's and participating with the team in workouts. I really hope that Mertens can do good and show us what we thought he was going to do. But anyway back to Kuhtz. I wonder if he really thought he was going to play offense here? It would be interesting to know.

unbison
07-05-2009, 10:53 AM
could it be he thought moving closer to home would help him stop being homesick...... and after a flood and a terrible summer he decided.... he needed to be in cheeseland..... I hope that those that are ripping on him for leaving have never quit a job..... as that would be a very similar commitment to walk away from

stevdock
07-05-2009, 01:42 PM
It's amazing how so many people are bashing this kid on making a decision that affects HIS life, and are calling him uncommitted to the team. But most people are asking for the exact same thing to happen to another player that was on an FBS roster to become uncommitted to that team and come join us to help with the QB position.

Jdubs21
07-05-2009, 02:02 PM
is ryan parsons still enrolled at ndsu?......i think we should beg him to come back cuz he should have a couple years of eligibility left right?

sambini
07-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Good luck to the young man +++

rutlandbison
07-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Who's ripping on him. I'm just wondering why he backed out. Maybe your right Unbison, he thought Fargo would cure his homesickness but it didn't and in the end he tought it was best to just go back to Wisconson. Maybe what position he played had nothing to do with it. Who knows.

IzzyFlexion
07-05-2009, 02:58 PM
It's amazing how so many people are bashing this kid on making a decision that affects HIS life, and are calling him uncommitted to the team. But most people are asking for the exact same thing to happen to another player that was on an FBS roster to become uncommitted to that team and come join us to help with the QB position.

Amazing? I don't think so.
Warranted? Yes, for me it is.
He blows into town for a few months and then bails. So, yeah, he's uncommitted to NDSU. For anyone that is so concerned about this nice young man and his delicate future, I'm sure that there are tickets available to Wisconsin Whitewater football games this fall. I prefer to stay loyal to the student athletes that are loyal to North Dakota State University.

VanClubPres
07-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Theory:

SUMMARY:

This spot on. Right on the money.

stevdock
07-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Amazing? I don't think so.
Warranted? Yes, for me it is.
He blows into town for a few months and then bails. So, yeah, he's uncommitted to NDSU. For anyone that is so concerned about this nice young man and his delicate future, I'm sure that there are tickets available to Wisconsin Whitewater football games this fall. I prefer to stay loyal to the student athletes that are loyal to North Dakota State University.

Way to miss the second and much more important part of my quote.

IzzyFlexion
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Way to miss the second and much more important part of my quote.

If it's hippocracy that you're suggesting, you wont find it from me on this topic. I've not posted anything suggesting a player walk out on any committments in order to come to Fargo.
Bottom line is, I'm not looking to be confrontational with you regarding this kid's decision or his future. If he's not going to be a Bison, so be it. I'm certainly not going to worry about it. (or him) He doesn't have a single college game stat in 2 years of school. The door is now a little wider open for the next committed Bison athlete to step up at this postion and make us forget about a drifter that can't make up his mind.

AEBison1998
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Last year was a big recruiting class. Based on the number of seniors and adding in all of the guys leaving the program....next year's class should be very large. That will be interesting.