PDA

View Full Version : Whodathunkit? Montana playing tough non-conference opponents

BisonNeil
06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I have to say, I never actually thought it would happen that Montana would go on the road to play a top tier FCS team, much less two of them.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm

This is a good deal for FCS football. I wish NDSU could get something like this going.

56BISON73
06-21-2009, 05:54 PM
I have to say, I never actually thought it would happen that Montana would go on the road to play a top tier FCS team, much less two of them.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm

This is a good deal for FCS football. I wish NDSU could get something like this going.

Good article. I also wish NDSU would step it up on the FCS OOC front.

imabison
06-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Good article. I also wish NDSU would step it up on the FCS OOC front.

I seem to remember hearing the NDSU offered ASU way more than the average payout serveral years ago and was turned down. Maybe it was not a home and home offer, I do not know. I suspect Gene is way ahead of you guys.

99Bison
06-21-2009, 06:18 PM
I seem to remember hearing the NDSU offered ASU way more than the average payout serveral years ago and was turned down. Maybe it was not a home and home offer, I do not know. I suspect Gene is way ahead of you guys.

Two years ago and ASU ended up turning us down to go play Michigan.

TheBisonator
06-21-2009, 09:07 PM

I don't remember, did it end up working out for them??:D

IzzyFlexion
06-21-2009, 09:09 PM

What a horrible decison!! My god, why go to Ann Arbor and get your ass handed to ................................
This note just handed to me......:D :D

Gully
06-22-2009, 12:13 AM
The problem is that we only have so many home dates and need the revenue from the big home games. If you play a tough FCS non conference, they'll likely want a return game. It'll only get harder when we start playing UND again. Another option would be to give up FBS games but I definetly don't want to do that, those have been awesome.

onbison09
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Also we have to remember not many people (excluding certain years I'm talking about the average year) have come into the Dome and won.

mebisonII
06-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Bison fans may find themselves eating a little crow on the FCS OOC foe bashing if this keeps up. Especially if the MVFC has a couple week years so we can't claim that's a hard enough schedule.