PDA

View Full Version : Bjorklund Commits!!!!

NDSUstudent
06-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Thought this deserved its own thread, big news for Saul and his staff....

NDSU has gotten a verbal commitment from one of it's top recruits...Sibley East's Marshall Bjorklund is a 6-8 forward...Sibley East is located in Arlington, Minnesota, about 30 miles north of Mankato...More tonight on WDAY TV at 6 and 10....

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=53791

roadwarrior
06-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Awesome news!

Where is Burgundy?

tcbison
06-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Here is an interview and some footage of Marshall. Sounds like he likes to focus on rebounding. I like that!

http://www.kare11.com/sports/prep/athlete/athlete_article.aspx?storyid=538537&catid=8

tony
06-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Awesome news!

Where is Burgundy?

Still out celebrating, I bet. :)

HandoEX
06-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Wow, awesome news! Nice work Saul and staff!!! Can't wait to see this kid as a Bison!

GoJacks
06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Congrats guys, I know he was high on your wish list. He looks to be a good one, a real bruiser.

GLNWD-BISON
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Great news for the Bison!!!! He will have the inside presence similar to Andre...

Billy Hoyle
06-19-2009, 07:23 PM
A great match for NDSU and Marshall!

TheBisonator
06-19-2009, 07:41 PM
The guy is 6'8". He'll be a DEFINITE inside presence for us!!

Question: Does anyone know who else was going after him?? I bet UNI or some other Valley schools were interested...

roadwarrior
06-19-2009, 07:57 PM
His older sister was an All-American for Colorado.

One of the reasons Marshall picked NDSU was because of our agriculture programs.

roadwarrior
06-19-2009, 08:00 PM
The Forum is reporting he had offers from SDSU and Northern Illinois.

Also intereseted were Northern Iowa, Butler, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Colorado State, Colorado, and Gonzaga.

Bison bison
06-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Can't wait!

TheDoctor
06-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Nice sign coaches! Is it November yet??? I can't wait for basketball again. I wish we could skip the football season :hide: NOT because I don't think they won't do well, just because I love the basketball season. Sorry! :D ;)

Kermit
06-19-2009, 09:07 PM
http://www.petswelcome.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fireworks.jpg

Kermit
06-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Scouting reports on this kid have been tremendous. Many observers think he is one of the two best big men in Minnesota right now (along with Kevin Noreen). He is a true post, and the high majors think he is a little under-sized. He is said to be VERY physical and fundamentally sound. He should really fit well with the kids already in the program. Couldn't be a better start to the 2010 freshman class. Welcome aboard, Marshall!

Castor Troy
06-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Great news for the Bison!!!! He will have the inside presence similar to Andre...

Easy. I am sure that he is a nice player, but lets not go overboard. I would love for us to land someone like Andre, but I don't think Bjorkland's the second coming of Andre.

Tatanka
06-19-2009, 09:21 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/missark/DANCE/e812eef9.gif

silkamilkamonico
06-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Nice sign coaches! Is it November yet??? I can't wait for basketball again. I wish we could skip the football season :hide: NOT because I don't think they won't do well, just because I love the basketball season. Sorry! :D ;)

Totally agree. My basketball passion for NDSU has increased tenfold the past 3 years and my football passion has decreased tenfold the last 3 years. Wouldn't have even thought that 5 years ago.

Mr. Burgundy
06-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Well, it took me a long time to get to a computer, but to say I am excited about this kid is an understatement. I have watched him play, and he is a BEAST. In speaking with the staff, he is a LEGIT 6'8, and has grown one inch since I saw him play. He is a fingertip "less long" than Jordan Aaberg.....so that is the future front court. This kid deflates the ball with two hands when he gets a rebound. Total package and is VERY excited to play for NDSU.

Jdubs21
06-20-2009, 01:31 AM
welcome to the bison family marshall!!!!!!

OnTheFifty
06-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Great article

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=957735

westnodak93bison
06-20-2009, 03:55 AM
I've read about this kid alot. IMHO, he has potential to be a player that the Goophers will wish they had.

DjKyRo
06-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Sorry, had to change my shorts.

Seriously man, this just made my day. Thinking about this guy, Aaberg, and Braun leading the charge on a fast break makes me want to go develop time-travel so that I can fast-forward to November. I mean granted, he won't be playing for two seasons yet....but screw it, fast-forward anyway. Time to put freshman year of a physics major to use.

Thinking back on what we've lost - Woody and Winks, combining to be perhaps the two best players the Bison have seen recently, bringing in these three guys is going to offset that considerably. We have a very legit-looking inside game, at least on paper now, and without a doubt that will add a whole new dimension to our game. Back during the Kansas game, I remember thinking how crazy it was that Aldrich was able to just fight his way to the basket and throw it down, and while he is indeed pretty much a lottery pick for the NBA, having that tool (um...no pun intended?) as a part of the offense is such a weapon on the court. These three are going to make that happen, and we are going to see some very, very excellent things happening in the next few years. Man, am I ever glad I decided on NDSU - I get a front row seat to it all! :D

DjKyRo
06-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Great article

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=957735

Any chance you could post up a few choice parts for those of us without access? :( :D

Bison"FANatic"
06-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Sweet addition. I woke up this AM and grabbed the paper. Hadn't been on bisonville since noon yesterday and I see we land Bjorklund. Great get and will compliment the other players well. The future looks bright!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Bjorkland and Felt are pretty tight. That helped. Felt and Jordan Aaberg have been playing at night with the guys, and are playing VERY well. Nelson and Winks are still playing too. Felt is making everything he looks at and kids are raving at how long Aaberg is. He has such potential with his skill. I really hope he redshirts, as he won't play a ton this year if he did......and would play at ton as a 5th year senior. Sky is the limit.

Zastrow and Braun join the guys on Sunday. Both very excited to join the mix. I love the enthusiasm toward these kids from the fan base. The staff is doing AWESOME recruiting, and adding Bjorkland is just huge. I am not going to list names, but we are on some STUDS right now that will be seniors next year that would bring in ATHLETES to NDSU. If Saul were to win the battle on these two kids, hello.

Good time to be a fan. Saul will speak at the Hawley Open on Monday after hosting Krueser from Minnesota on a visit.....he wouldn't be a bad addition....

summitfever
06-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Nice addition!

Mr. Burgandy, you say he's the complete package??? Even though I'm a fan of his, I can't agree with your statement at this point. He has limited offensive game in my opinion. I know that will develop though, and you can tell he has the chance to be solid. His greatest asset right now is his ability to defend.

WildBill
06-20-2009, 11:47 PM
The guy is 6'8". He'll be a DEFINITE inside presence for us!!

Question: Does anyone know who else was going after him?? I bet UNI or some other Valley schools were interested...

I like Marshall and is game. But there is no way he's 6'8. If he was 6'8, he would have a lot more major offers. Some people i talked to at Howard Pulley and some said he was close to 6'7 tops. That being said, he'll do a great job regardless of the height especially in your conference. Very physical, very hardnosed. A gamer for sure

westnodak93bison
06-21-2009, 02:33 AM
he could still grow :)

TheDoctor
06-21-2009, 02:34 AM
he could still grow :)

Very true! I grew during my senior year. Heck (here comes the Duke reference again) Mike Dunleavy grew 3 inches during is freshman year of college. ;)

Mr. Burgundy
06-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Nice addition!

Mr. Burgandy, you say he's the complete package??? Even though I'm a fan of his, I can't agree with your statement at this point. He has limited offensive game in my opinion. I know that will develop though, and you can tell he has the chance to be solid. His greatest asset right now is his ability to defend.

Yes, I feel he is as close to a total package as we will be able to land. When I went to watch him, he was special. He completely dominated the flow of the game with his rebounding and defense. His outlet passing was Kevin Love like, he runs the floor, etc. He shot 67% from the floor with a torn labrum......so if that is limited, I can't wait. Sounds like we are both fans, but I just don't see how he is limited offensively. He is TOUGH, and that is the one things we needed.

Mr. Burgundy
06-22-2009, 01:16 AM
I like Marshall and is game. But there is no way he's 6'8. If he was 6'8, he would have a lot more major offers. Some people i talked to at Howard Pulley and some said he was close to 6'7 tops. That being said, he'll do a great job regardless of the height especially in your conference. Very physical, very hardnosed. A gamer for sure

Wildbill, he is now 6'8. When I saw him, he was 6'7. his wing span is just a fingernail short of Aaberg's. His shoulder injury and lack of AAU ball this summer as a result of the injury were the best thing that could have happened to NDSU. If he was totally healthy last year and into the AAU circuit, he would have continued to dominate and received more offers. This kid was also very up front with all schools stating that if Tubby didn't call (and he didn't) that he would be a Bison. That limited how hard a few schools wanted to go after him.

To say I am excited about what this kid brings to the future of our frontcourt is understating it. Could you imaging the length on the court if Saul put Braun, Tveidt, Aaberg, and Bjorkland on the court. That is long, which is bizarre since that was the one thing we have never been. Go Bison

westnodak93bison
06-22-2009, 02:07 AM
nice job Tubby :)

Kemo
06-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Gratz on Bjorklund! You guys got a nice player there.

WildBill
06-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Wildbill, he is now 6'8. When I saw him, he was 6'7. his wing span is just a fingernail short of Aaberg's. His shoulder injury and lack of AAU ball this summer as a result of the injury were the best thing that could have happened to NDSU. If he was totally healthy last year and into the AAU circuit, he would have continued to dominate and received more offers. This kid was also very up front with all schools stating that if Tubby didn't call (and he didn't) that he would be a Bison. That limited how hard a few schools wanted to go after him.

To say I am excited about what this kid brings to the future of our frontcourt is understating it. Could you imaging the length on the court if Saul put Braun, Tveidt, Aaberg, and Bjorkland on the court. That is long, which is bizarre since that was the one thing we have never been. Go Bison

If you say so. Coaches i talked to weren't so sure, but whatever. He's a good kid and a good basketball player. I don't think Tubby offered because he like other bigs better.

WildBill
06-23-2009, 03:43 AM
nice job Tubby :)

Tubby will do just fine. He's got bigger fish to fry at the moment.

WRSDBison
06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Very true! I grew during my senior year. Heck (here comes the Duke reference again) Mike Dunleavy grew 3 inches during is freshman year of college. ;)

I'll take any comparison of Duke when it comes to NDSU. I don't think I stand alone on that either. Top tier program, top tier academics and top tier coach.

The Lost Dutchman
06-24-2009, 07:54 PM

How come you only comment on things that are strictly Minnesota Gopher related?

HoopsBison
06-24-2009, 08:55 PM

hope he ends up like the last guy that wanted to play for the goofs and got passed on. Damn I cant think of his name right now. Im sure someone can help me out.

HandoEX
06-24-2009, 09:30 PM
hope he ends up like the last guy that wanted to play for the goofs and got passed on. Damn I cant think of his name right now. Im sure someone can help me out.

I am pretty sure the Gophers have passed on numerous other players that have gone on to do well since Woody was coming out of high school in 2004.

NDSUFan_Sav
06-25-2009, 06:57 PM

Aldrich :D ???????

WildBill
06-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Aldrich :D ???????

Aldrich wanted to be a Jayhawk. Monson just made it easy to turn down the gophers.

WildBill
06-25-2009, 09:56 PM
How come you only comment on things that are strictly Minnesota Gopher related?

Didn't realise Marshall was Gopher related.

A1pigskin
06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Sweet......................

Kermit
09-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I just found a July 20 audio interview with future Bison, Marshall Bjorklund:
http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=966512

Short summary: His rehab from shoulder surgery is going well and he should be ready to go for the high school season. His dad is doing well in his cancer fight. Marshall is up to 6'8", 235 lb and looks like a "bruiser." He is a farm boy who liked the ag program at NDSU. Good stuff.

TheBisonator
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I just found a July 20 audio interview with future Bison, Marshall Bjorklund:
http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=966512

Short summary: His rehab from shoulder surgery is going well and he should be ready to go for the high school season. His dad is doing well in his cancer fight. Marshall is up to 6'8", 235 lb and looks like a "bruiser." He is a farm boy who liked the ag program at NDSU. Good stuff.

Awesome. One of them corn-fed, Big Country Bryant Reeves type players. We NEED NEED NEED as many of those kind of big guys for the future.

Kermit
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Marshall Bjorklund went for 29 points, 19 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 assists in a season opening 70-46 win for Sibley East over Howard Lake-Waverly last Friday. Last night he had 18 points and 19 rebounds in a 56-51 win over Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop. :)

HandoEX
12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Marshall Bjorklund went for 29 points, 19 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 assists in a season opening 70-46 win for Sibley East over Howard Lake-Waverly last Friday. Last night he had 18 points and 19 rebounds in a 56-51 win over Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop. :)

Wonder if he'll keep the 19 rebounds per game average going:D

lakesbison
12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I was told his goal was 20-20 everygame. its a shame he keeps getting stuck on 19....

maybe he needs to go RICKY DAVIS on it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw&feature=related

i love about 30seconds into this video.... ha ha ha.