PDA

View Full Version : 09 WR core??

tjbison
06-14-2009, 09:34 PM
ok I've been away on Business for several weeks only able to check in here little bits at a time and lost track;

Who do we have coming in this year to replace Shult and Sid now??

imabison
06-14-2009, 10:23 PM
ok I've been away on Business for several weeks only able to check in here little bits at a time and lost track;

Who do we have coming in this year to replace Shult and Sid now??

Personally the replacement statement should be for Sholt and Heck.
Since Sid only participated in spring practice, and is gone, can you
really suggest you are replacing him?

tjbison
06-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Personally the replacement statement should be for Sholt and Heck.
Since Sid only participated in spring practice, and is gone, can you
really suggest you are replacing him?

Well yes, Bohl had stated in his release that Sid was slated to start next fall meaning he had earned the #1 spot in spring ball making him better than the rest , now he is gone, so we need to replace the #1 spot, Heckendorf was a given as he actually graduated and didn't get booted like Shult and Sid

unbison
06-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Tj watch out for professional sports blogger s..... marcus williams from hopkins is coming in at wr and a jr college kid from east LA cant remember his name

tjbison
06-15-2009, 01:00 AM
So we have:

Marcus Williams
Cooper Wahlo Jr
Nicalaus Powell-Calhoun
Sam Rogers
Kevin Brooks
Titus Mack
Delane Woods

Am i right?

NDSUstudent
06-15-2009, 01:07 AM
you can add...Titus Mack and Delane Woods

BisonNolesFan77
06-15-2009, 01:50 AM
So we have:

Marcus Williams
Cooper Wahlo Jr
Nicalaus Powell-Calhoun
Sam Rogers
Kevin Brooks
Titus Mack
Delane Woods

Am i right?

Kevin Brooks is a no...I believe that was a mistake that NDSU's name got tied to him, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was a NDSCS/NDSU mixup...

Also, wasn't Justin Gatlin a WR but moved to corner at NDSCS to get him on the field? I know he was recruited as a DB, but I believe Marcus Williams was as well, so if you are going to put Marcus Williams as a possible WR canidate, I would think Gatlin would fit in there too if we need recievers...

tjbison
06-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Kevin Brooks is a no...I believe that was a mistake that NDSU's name got tied to him, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was a NDSCS/NDSU mixup...

Also, wasn't Justin Gatlin a WR but moved to corner at NDSCS to get him on the field? I know he was recruited as a DB, but I believe Marcus Williams was as well, so if you are going to put Marcus Williams as a possible WR canidate, I would think Gatlin would fit in there too if we need recievers...

I don't know Noles thats why I started this thread to ask??? i'm not sure who we have coming in as WR only

BisonNolesFan77
06-15-2009, 02:04 AM
My thought, these are the guys coming in as just WR's...

Cooper Wahlo Jr
Nicalaus Powell-Calhoun
Sam Rogers
Titus Mack
Delane Woods

Marcus Williams has the skill to play either DB or WR, but, I am not a coach so I don't have clue as to what position they have in mind for him, thought it was DB, but I could be mistaken.

met1990
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=53473

Scooter1
06-16-2009, 12:07 AM

Why would you put a guy who is a 6'2 CB and had 6 INTs last year at WR?

BisonNolesFan77
06-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Why would you put a guy who is a 6'2 CB and had 6 INTs last year at WR?

Don't believe I ever said he was going to be a WR, just making the point that if the depth at WR is as slim as everyone says, that he could be someone who could take a few snaps at WR.

SamsRams
06-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Don't believe I ever said he was going to be a WR, just making the point that if the depth at WR is as slim as everyone says, that he could be someone who could take a few snaps at WR.

I totally understood what you were saying and totally agree with your comment

Scooter1
06-17-2009, 03:01 AM

I understood what you were saying, I don't think you understand my point.

I disagree that an incoming CB that is trying to learn a new system and adjust to new defensive teammates would be a good choice or even a solid option for taking snaps on the other side of the ball. A 6'2" CB with good instincts and speed is a luxury that very few FCS schools will be able to boast next year. Gatlin was recruited as a DB and will have to work hard to be ready for next year. Why would you want to throw something on top of that and risk the possibility of delaying his progress in the area where he is needed the most? I think Gatlin is going to have enough on his plate learning to work with his new defensive team mates.

I disagree with the notion that our wide reciever core is going to be thin next year. Even with the loss of Haynes, within the last five months, Bohl has made the WR core for the next four years as solid as it has ever been. With Titus Mack, Sam Rogers, Delane Woods, Warren Holloway, Gary Williams, Marcus Williams, Nick Powell, and Cooper Wahlo, this may shape up to be one of the most talented bunch of recievers the Bison have ever put together from top to bottom.

Also, what is the point of putting Gatlin at WR when you have five guys who are talented needing reps. If you want to throw a wrench into the chemistry of this receiving core, a good way to do it is to wave the no confidence flag by bringing in a DB to take snaps at WR.