PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota Budget Surplus

TbonZach
06-13-2009, 09:39 PM
So I was watching TV last night and saw this (http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/north-dakotas-budget-surplus-061209/1125967/). It explains the ND budget surplus. I never knew why there was such a large surplus but now it actually makes sense.

aces1180
06-13-2009, 10:59 PM
So I was watching TV last night and saw this (http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/north-dakotas-budget-surplus-061209/1125967/). It explains the ND budget surplus. I never knew why there was such a large surplus but now it actually makes sense.

Yeah, I saw that too and thought it was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. I hate when national TV personalities and shows make ND residents look like a bunch of Canadian hillbillies.

Conan is still funny, but that skit sucked.

tony
06-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I want that slogan on a t-shirt:

Front:

Come to North Dakota!
(and see if we're murdering visitors)

Back:

And bring your money!

Bison"FANatic"
06-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Many come but not many leave. Hey at least it keeps my taxes down.:D :D :D

TheBisonator
06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Regardless of political affiliation, I think all of us on here can agree that some of that money should go back into our state's universities (especially NDSU), and hopefully into tuition relief for students. The positive progress of NDSU is the one banner that we should all get behind.

BigBison
06-18-2009, 03:24 AM
I thought that was funny. I think Conan should make a trip to North Dakota it'd be pretty funny.

JSUBison
06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
I thought that was funny. I think Conan should make a trip to North Dakota it'd be pretty funny.

Anything involving celebrities coming to ND usually results in comedic gold. And it's not always the celebrity that provides the entertainment.

I can't remember what year it was, (late 90's?), but Drew Carey was driving across the state on Hwy 2 in a convertible. I think he was just cruising across country, enjoying life during the summer hiatus of his show. Anyway, word somehow got out, and people started making homemade signs on cardboard, and were waiting alongside the road for him, cheering him on and waving. I used to have a video of it somewhere. The video was from a trooper's car cam, and it was pretty freaking funny.

Another funny thing involving celebrity in ND occurred quite a few years ago at the Norsk Hostfest. My family went to see Bill Cosby do his stand up show. I remember we were waiting for the show to start and all of a sudden people start standing up and we start to hear clapping and cheering. We look to the rear, and a black guy is walking down the aisle. I ask my dad why would the Coz walk all that way from the back of the auditorium up to the stage? My dad says he doesn't know. As he gets closer, I see that it isn't Bill Cosby at all, it is just a random dude walking to his seat, soaking it all up and waving to the crowd. I guess the geriatrics that dominate the Norsk Hostfest saw a black guy and automatically assumed it was Cosby, lol.

HandoEX
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Another funny thing involving celebrity in ND occurred quite a few years ago at the Norsk Hostfest. My family went to see Bill Cosby do his stand up show. I remember we were waiting for the show to start and all of a sudden people start standing up and we start to hear clapping and cheering. We look to the rear, and a black guy is walking down the aisle. I ask my dad why would the Coz walk all that way from the back of the auditorium up to the stage? My dad says he doesn't know. As he gets closer, I see that it isn't Bill Cosby at all, it is just a random dude walking to his seat, soaking it all up and waving to the crowd. I guess the geriatrics that dominate the Norsk Hostfest saw a black guy and automatically assumed it was Cosby, lol.
Bahahaha, now that's good stuff!

bisonaudit
06-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Bahahaha, now that's good stuff!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6dO5TQb6Q

bisonmike2
06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Anything involving celebrities coming to ND usually results in comedic gold. And it's not always the celebrity that provides the entertainment.

I can't remember what year it was, (late 90's?), but Drew Carey was driving across the state on Hwy 2 in a convertible. I think he was just cruising across country, enjoying life during the summer hiatus of his show. Anyway, word somehow got out, and people started making homemade signs on cardboard, and were waiting alongside the road for him, cheering him on and waving. I used to have a video of it somewhere. The video was from a trooper's car cam, and it was pretty freaking funny.

my only run in with celebrities in ND was that I was drinking at the same bar as N'Sync. Me and my buddies were drinking at Reeb's and N'Sync and their bouncers/entourage came in and sat directly across from us. It was around 5 o'clock on a weekday so there really wasn't anyone else there. This is the part where I wish I could say that N'Sync thought we were cool, let us hang out with them will they bought us all of our booze and we got to hang out with all the groupies that miraculously showed up to swarm around them, but no, nothing like that happened. I hate their music, but they seemed like pretty nice dudes. I do think that Justin Timberlake is one funny muther f'er. And another buddy of mine ran into the lead singer of a band at Buck's. The dude who sings that Butterfly song and then went on to do Celebrity Rehab on VH1. But that's a much stranger and longer story.

bisonmike2
06-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Man, I almost forgot my best celebrity run in. I also got my picture taken with Stephanie Swift at the ABC Book store. For those of you wondering who she is, she's a mattress actress. GIS her. NSFW! I cannot emphasize that enough.

UTH
06-19-2009, 02:19 AM
I saw the skit and simply didn't think it was funny. I just sorta sat there and scratched my head the entire clip, and wondered if there was some sort of underlying genius piece of comedy in it, or if the side-splitting hilarity was to come at the end. Sorely disappointed, I was.

I bet the person who wrote that skit was from South Dakota. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Anybody remember the Christina Aguilera tantrum in Minot (ca. 2000 State Fair, methinks)? Now, reading about THAT in the news was funny.:nod:

Bison bison
06-22-2009, 02:25 PM
The skit is obviously a play on the Movie Fargo which is a play on the stoic nature of Minnesotans and North Dakotans.

The skit fell way short of the mark in my book.

DjKyRo
06-24-2009, 04:11 AM

dibs on his wallet!

onbison09
06-24-2009, 05:43 PM

That was in Rugby my dad got his autograph. Anyone else think he is a total tool on the Price is Right?

Bison"FANatic"
02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Does anybody know if there is a copy of this skit on youtube or someplace???

Twentysix
02-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I would be interested in seeing it aswell.

ndsubison1
02-18-2011, 04:54 AM
I would be interested in seeing it aswell.

twss! ZING!

lakesbison
02-18-2011, 05:03 AM
We need some.surplus at Rooters tonight !!

Twentysix
02-18-2011, 05:54 AM
twss! ZING!

http://tinyurl.com/4p7au66

6yearsbehind.com

or

35yearsbehind.com

if your a chevy chase fan.