PDA

View Full Version : HERMANSON SECOND AT NCAAs

JackJD
06-13-2009, 05:28 PM
This performance deserves it's own thread. Laura Hermanson finished #2 in the 800 meter finals at the NCAAs.

Bison"FANatic"
06-13-2009, 05:31 PM
That it does 2nd is a huge accomplishment and to shave off the time she did and run the best race she could. Congrats and way to make the Bison and the Summit Proud!!!!!

tcbison
06-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Congrats Laura! I just watched the awards ceremony and Laura got just as many cheers as the 1st place winner. I should have watched the race on the computer instead of the tv. Oh well, Laura ran her best race and gave it her all. Great job and best of luck in the future! We are all proud of you!

JackJD
06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I tried to watch it on the computer but it wasn't available...is that because CBS was broadcasting "live" today?

I'm a track junkie and a performance like that -- I don't care what school they're running for -- is something to see. In Hermanson's case, I've watched her run for four years, know her coaches well etc. etc. so it was that much more fun.

tcbison
06-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Where does Laura go from here? Does she turn pro and try and make the next Olympics?

The Lost Dutchman
06-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Where does Laura go from here? Does she turn pro and try and make the next Olympics?

You would definately think so considering how much time she shaved off against the top competition. I would say the sky is the limit for her when she can start to train with the top talent in the country.

roadwarrior
06-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Great job Laura!

Way to put an exclamation point on the final event of our first year as a full D-I member!

Bisonguy
06-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Congrats Laura!!

She ran a 2:01.37, besting her previous school record in the semis Thursday of 2:03.19

sambini
06-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Great job+++++++++++++++++

airwaveslave
06-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Post-race interview with Hermanson...

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234942-2009-ncaa-d1-outdoor-track-and-field-championships/186275-laura-hermanson-800-2nd-2009-ncaa-track-and-field-championships

I don't know if video of the race will be available anywhere because CBS is pretty stingy with their video rights. I will keep searching for it.

tony
06-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Quite possibly the greatest individual performance ever by an NDSU athlete in any sport... and that's saying a lot.

Amazing.

JackJD
06-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Quite possibly the greatest individual performance ever by an NDSU athlete in any sport... and that's saying a lot.

Amazing.

A very accurate statement. There may be some other individual performances that match Hermanson's run today but one would be hard-pressed to name them.

westnodak93bison
06-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Great job! PR in her biggest race of the year. Best performance, individual or team, in school history imho.

BlueKeyAlum
06-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Excellent job, Laura!!

sambini
06-14-2009, 04:03 AM

Amazing.+++++++++++++++++++

BisoninNWMN
06-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Great job, Laura!!!!!!

2:01...wow.......more maturity and better training facilities.....sky is the limit for her.......:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I agree with the previous statements.....IT is the best performance by an NDSU athlete......WOW!!!!

Castor Troy
06-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Great job, Laura!!!!!!

2:01...wow.......more maturity and better training facilities.....sky is the limit for her.......:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I agree with the previous statements.....IT is the best performance by an NDSU athlete......WOW!!!!

Ever since Ryun became the coach, the 800 performances have been going down in huge chunks. The record was 2:09 before Ryun, which was set in 1997 by Mary Gill. When Kinsey Coles went 2:04, I thought that record would stand forever.

Great job to Laura and Ryun for making us all proud.

DORMIE
06-14-2009, 04:35 PM
What a cap to an incredible year by our Bison athletes. With a great start by the Volleyball team sweeping the Summitt and getting to the dance at Minnesota to the awesome performance by the MBB team and Woody's performance against Kansas to the Sweet Sixteen run by the Softball team and finally Laura's performance. Really makes you proud to be a Bison.

Kermit
06-14-2009, 05:23 PM
I tried to watch it on the computer but it wasn't available...is that because CBS was broadcasting "live" today?

I'm a track junkie and a performance like that -- I don't care what school they're running for -- is something to see. In Hermanson's case, I've watched her run for four years, know her coaches well etc. etc. so it was that much more fun.

JackJD, you are one classy Rabbit fan. Kudos!

GradBison
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Way to represent NDSU Ms. Hermanson! Congratulations and best of luck in the future.

SamsRams
06-15-2009, 10:17 PM
What an amazing race!! I was so upset to see the race not on the television braodcast, just the highlights.

Post-race interview with Hermanson...

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234942-2009-ncaa-d1-outdoor-track-and-field-championships/186275-laura-hermanson-800-2nd-2009-ncaa-track-and-field-championships

I don't know if video of the race will be available anywhere because CBS is pretty stingy with their video rights. I will keep searching for it.

What a horrible interview. 'Tell me about that' and 'why' are not my favorite questions and add the fact that they couldn't even spring for a mic to interview her with and instead relied on the nat mic for sound is sad. I am a TV junkie, so to see stuff like that makes me sick

Cat80
06-17-2009, 11:25 PM

How about this year's World Championship team? The USATF National Championships are next week in Eugene Oregon. They serve as the World's trials and Hermanson has the 5th fastest qualifying time. The Olympics are 3 years away folks, Worlds right around the corner. It could happen for her and I wish her luck.

tcbison
06-22-2009, 03:01 PM
How about this year's World Championship team? The USATF National Championships are next week in Eugene Oregon. They serve as the World's trials and Hermanson has the 5th fastest qualifying time. The Olympics are 3 years away folks, Worlds right around the corner. It could happen for her and I wish her luck.

WDAY has this update on Laura.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/22249/

IzzyFlexion
06-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Just to review the benchmark in terms of "world class" levels, I went to the Beijing Olympics results. 17 athletes in 3 different heats of the women's 800m semis ran sub 2:00. Further, the top 7 finishers in the finals ran under 1:59 with the gold medal time being 1:54.87. No Americans advanced to the semis with Hazel Clark posting the best US time in the prelims with a 2:01.59. Certainly would be nice to see the 2 Lauras play a part in re-establishing a US presence in that event in London 3 summers from now.