PDA

View Full Version : Montana Miracle - 2003 - Up & Running

CaBisonFan
06-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Fun to see Travis White, Kyle Steffes, & Rob Hunt in action. Did Summerville get a shot at the NFL? He dominated in this game.

Thanks to SunDog for sending this tape. Let's give him some reps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-A_1IhmLj4

Someday...a 25,000 seat U-Shape outdoor stadium for the Bison. What an atmosphere for football. The U-Shape keeps the fan noise in the park and creates a big home advantage. Been there for a couple of games. It's a perfect FCS stadium.

westnodak93bison
06-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Good work CABisonFan. Keep them coming if you have the time.

GradBison
06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Thank you CA for this and all the other videos. Look how fired up all these players were!

MontanaBisonFan
06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Nice job.

What a great video to send all my Montana friends.

I plan to include this URL in every email.

HandoEX
06-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow, that was the first time I've seen that since game day. What a game! It's one of those moments that I know I'll never forget. Thanks for the vid!!!

99Bison
06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Once again great job!

Bison"FANatic"
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
What a day(9-6-3) that was I got married and was done in time to watch the last few moments and catch the Bison Win.

heymch86
06-11-2009, 04:58 PM
we need to see the missed FG as time expires by Montana, Bison storm the field, Hallstrom goes crazy

Bison9073
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
God Bless #89 Mike Wieser!!!!

56BISON73
06-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Hmmmm
Evertime I try to play the video the audio is great but the video is way behind and the pictures are herky-jerky so you cant see the plays. Whats UP????

Bison"FANatic"
06-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I guess things are just a little slower down in Arkansas:D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Da_Bizon
06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Good work... my day was getting a little boring until I started watching that. :D

onbison09
06-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I'd forgotten how good that TD catch was. Great job CA!!!

Bisonguy
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
CA- Great job on this and all your other videos!! :bowdown:

I was nearly screaming at the monitor with excitement when the kick would have went wide right.

North Side
06-11-2009, 11:44 PM
great job thanks

4mcruenomore
06-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I remember this whole game so vividly. I was living in Montana at the time. At work, everybody was either Huge Griz or Bobcat fans, both said we would lose by 40. Lots of pressure building up to the game, I couldn't take the week before, I got so much crap, them saying we were DII, or even NAIA, etc...I remember at the half, I was so mad/depressed (those who know me understand how much I care about Bison football), then we started to put it on in the 3rd. Well, we won, my wife and I were basicly dancing in the streets, my cell phone ringing off the hook from friends living in Fargo and Dickinson. Monday at work, I took the sports headlines from the Billings Gazette "BISON STUN GRIZ", and posted it on the bulletin board. I came back 10 minutes later and it was gone, LOL!! Honestly, no one I knew in Montana gave us a chance, and when it was over, very few congratulated me as a bison fan. Great win, and til we meet the Griz again I guess. Thanks CA!
(Speaking of QB's, damn, how good was Stauss in that game? WOW!)

4mcruenomore
06-12-2009, 02:17 AM
I agree on having the missed montana FG on there.
As well, def. need to add the Steffes TD run, not enough Steffes highlights, he had almost 100 yds in the 2nd half.

sambini
06-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks CA great memorys. I was on the sideline that day pulling cord for Coach Bohl. It was fantastic.+++++++

EndZoneQB
06-12-2009, 03:49 AM
(Speaking of QB's, damn, how good was Stauss in that game? WOW!)

I was thinking the same thing. I don't remember the offense looking much like that in 03, but it makes me wonder why they didn't use that more. Also, I can kind of seen we have gone away from some of the smaller playmakers we had in DII, that always seemed to cause damage when we played them up. I hope we get some more athletes.

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks CA great memorys. I was on the sideline that day pulling cord for Coach Bohl. It was fantastic.+++++++

sambini....how do you say....'envious?'

It must have been a thrill of a lifetime. I took a couple of marching bands to Montana games (HS Band Day)...and we were right down there. They looked awfully good to me at the time. Seemed extremely quick. And the atmosphere can be cut with a knife there. It's a perfect setting.

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 04:32 AM
I agree on having the missed montana FG on there.
As well, def. need to add the Steffes TD run, not enough Steffes highlights, he had almost 100 yds in the 2nd half.

I added 2 or 3 Steffes runs to the next one. I agree.

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Hmmmm
Evertime I try to play the video the audio is great but the video is way behind and the pictures are herky-jerky so you cant see the plays. Whats UP????

Hi,

Have you solved the problem?

One tech question: In the middle of the screen, is there a circle that's turning when the movie shows? Not sure how tech savy you are. Could be your internet connection speed. Send me a pm if you need help with it.

CA

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Anybody notice Rob Hunt being a vocal leader in the huddle when we were catching up? That was coooooooooooooooooool. This team played with emotion. That's what my article was about last week.

Clarification: IMO...a team can be giving it their all, but still lack emotion. The mojo is missing. Can't always tell why.

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Thank you CA for this and all the other videos. Look how fired up all these players were!

You're very welcome.

That's the 'emotion' that I've been writing about. Did you notice Rob Hunt in the huddle near the end of the game? WOW! That's what the 2009 team needs to put on the field.

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Nice job.

What a great video to send all my Montana friends.

I plan to include this URL in every email.

Having been a resident of Great Falls, Montana for a while...I commend you on this post. Go for it! :nod: reps

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 05:40 AM
we need to see the missed FG as time expires by Montana, Bison storm the field, Hallstrom goes crazy

It's up 'n running. Good comment. I put together another video giving a more broad picture of how the game flowed.

56BISON73
06-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Hi,

Have you solved the problem?

One tech question: In the middle of the screen, is there a circle that's turning when the movie shows? Not sure how tech savy you are. Could be your internet connection speed. Send me a pm if you need help with it.

CA

Yes the circle is there sometimes. I checked my speed as I pay for tier 2 and its running at 1-1.5 for down load.

GradBison
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
You're very welcome.

That's the 'emotion' that I've been writing about. Did you notice Rob Hunt in the huddle near the end of the game? WOW! That's what the 2009 team needs to put on the field.

Yes CA, I agree and that's exactly what I meant by the guys being fired up. I sure do hope to see more of that this year as well.

bisonbills
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
That was a hungry team. They had something to prove and they did. It's good to see that again. Thanks CA!

CaBisonFan
06-12-2009, 09:15 PM
That was a hungry team. They had something to prove and they did. It's good to see that again. Thanks CA!

Take the athletic talent that we have now...and add that kind of emotion...and there's no limit to what can be done. I'll call out some players from the game that I noticed...guys that really stood out.

Rob Hunt........holy s...

Summerville......an animal...had their QB for lunch.

Kyle Steffes......a ton of 3-4 yard runs that took over the second half...plus a few bigger ones. The touchdown...whoa.

Malone......a few amazing runs....one in particular

Burrel (spelling?).......WR that went nuts

Stauss.........great field leadership during this game...checking off with confidence...some great throws

Snell........think that's the name

These guys showed the emotion.

That's the short list. Probably missed several.

roadwarrior
06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah, its too bad the emotion from this game couldnt have carried over to the remainder of the season. A playoff berth in our last season in D-II would have been nice.

Bison101
06-13-2009, 11:30 PM
If only we had that much emotion today.

CaBisonFan
06-14-2009, 12:53 AM
If only we had that much emotion today.

I love watching the offensive huddle when Rob Hunt turns around and says something like..."let's go guys"...to the rest of the OL. :D

tojo70
12-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Talk about bringing a post back from the dead....
Anyways, was looking for some youtube video of this game and only was able to find this post, but the video has been removed. Anyone know of any posted out there?
Figuring we could have a Montana Miracle II this weekend!