Just in:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/243292/group/home/

Great News!

roadwarrior
06-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Do you think wide receiver might be his position ? :D

EndZoneQB
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Finally some good news. Too bad we can't see him on the court as well. Out with the "old" (relative term in this case), in with the new! Sounds like hes excited to play here, based on his other recruiting opportunities.

huckleberry
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
about time! UNI thought they had him sewn up.

Bison bison
06-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Marcus is my family's new favorite player!

Reason - my wife loves the name!

JacksFan06
06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Will Williams be eligible to play next year? The Bison could use some WR help if Sidney Haynes is really off the team.

Thunder_Struck
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Will be interesting to see if Marcus or Cooper (maybe both) don't redshirt.

AEBison1998
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I think the big high school player from CA has a good chance to play right away. Maybe even more of a chance than either of the MN guys. I'm only basing this on his physical size. 6'4" and over 200 lbs. He is a force already.

I'm really excited about this! No matter what side of the ball this guy plays on. I think he will be a difference maker.

spelunker64
06-10-2009, 04:58 PM
He was looking at both sports throughout his senior year, but he said he picked NDSU football over Northern Iowa and the University of Minnesota.

Gotta love that statement...

ndsubison1
06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
this is a steal!

bisonmike2
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Was he a starting PG for Hopkins because I thought I read something that all starting kids were going to play b-ball at D1 schools?

Mr. Burgundy
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
yep stud PG for Hopkins. May play some hoops down the road. LOCKDOWN defender. Colorado State offered him in hoops. He is a legit athlete. Crazy good.

This is a great signing. Congrats to Craig and his staff!!!! It was great to hear the Hopkins coach today on KFAN talking about how classy and honest our staff was to him during the entire process. Talked about him being a corner or a slot receiver with crazy 10 yard burst.

Looks like UNI is well aware of NDSU on the recruiting front. Well, SDSU for that matter too. (Jack fans...that was a jab, and this is a Bison board, so it will be ok).

MHDBisonfan
06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Its always good to get great athletes on the team...there's always room for studs, no matter what position they play...they can always learn! Especially when you take one away from the panthers! Ahh, memories of that road trip last year...Bison Home Game! :) How fun was that?! (well, other than the actual game I mean..oops)

HandoEX
06-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Wow, I really thought he was going to UNI. What a GREAT get! Looks like we have a crazy good incoming receiver class if that's what Williams ends up playing.

EndZoneQB
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I think the big high school player from CA has a good chance to play right away. Maybe even more of a chance than either of the MN guys. I'm only basing this on his physical size. 6'4" and over 200 lbs. He is a force already.

Oh yeah, forgot about him! Ok, I'm less bummed about Haynes already.

silkamilkamonico
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
yep stud PG for Hopkins. May play some hoops down the road. LOCKDOWN defender. Colorado State offered him in hoops. He is a legit athlete. Craz

Forget football. Get this guy on the basketball team!

Bison"FANatic"
06-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Great news, heck any good news now is great news but this is a "good get".

The Lost Dutchman
06-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Good interview with Marcus Williams head coach at Hopkins, http://216.117.157.184/740thefan/uploads/john%20dehartong.mp3

BigBison
06-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Ssswwweeeeeeetttt

HandoEX
06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
The WDAY article said he'll most likely be playing corner at NDSU.

Bryan
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Wow, what a change of heart, talking to his dad at the Pulley basketball tournament last month, he said Northern Iowa was a done deal. Most schools we're scared away by his size, but he is an athlete with some great cover skills.

Big Cat
06-11-2009, 12:23 AM
I think the Panthers cooled on Marcus late in the recruting period because we already had solid comits from 4 DB's among them is Varmah Sonie from Apple Valley, Mn, JJ Swain from Richfield (Holy Angels Academy) and Terrell Sinkfield from the same HS as Williams (Minnetonka HS). That being said, congrats to the Bison recruiting staff on getting Marcus, he looks to be a good athlete.

roadwarrior
06-11-2009, 12:28 AM
I think the Panthers cooled on Marcus late in the recruting period because we already had solid comits from 4 DB's among them is Varmah Sonie from Apple Valley, Mn, JJ Swain from Richfield (Holy Angels Academy) and Terrell Sinkfield from the same HS as Williams (Minnetonka HS). That being said, congrats to the Bison recruiting staff on getting Marcus, he looks to be a good athlete.

Williams went to Hopkins HS, and while Hopkins High School is located in the city of Minnetonka, Minnetonka HS is in a separate school district. Confusing? Yes, to those not living there.

Big Cat
06-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Williams went to Hopkins HS, and while Hopkins High School is located in the city of Minnetonka, Minnetonka HS is in a separate school district. Confusing? Yes, to those not living there.

Thanks for the clarification. I owe it all to being too lazy to do the research!:)

Jdubs21
06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
welcome aboard marcus!!!

North Side
06-11-2009, 12:46 AM
:welcome: Mr. Williams

CaBisonFan
06-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Just in:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/243292/group/home/

Great News!

Thanks for the info on this. He said that he chose the Bison over those other two schools. This appears to be a major recruit...a game changer. Love it.

I think that the coaches have really done a great job with recruiting speed, athleticism, & size.

westnodak93bison
06-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Is it possible for him to play both WR and basketball?

huckleberry
06-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Yes! word in pulley league is marcus choose NDSU because he would be welcomed on the NDSU bball bench.

westnodak93bison
06-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Did some reading on the young man. Impressive. Any athlete that can play CB, WR and BB at NDSU must be one hell of an athlete.

Kermit
06-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Is it possible for him to play both WR and basketball?

Williams dad told MinnesotaPreps.com that Marcus would focus on football and school as a freshman, but that he would probably also play hoops as a sophomore. I hope Coaches Bohl and Phillips are on the same page on this.

Link is to a subscription site: http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=955011

AEBison1998
06-12-2009, 01:24 AM
I know guys play two sports, but wow. I think it would be great because he has the physical talent. I just hope it doesn't hurt his schooling. Hopefully schoolwork comes easy for him, because that's a lot of time.

Sports are great, but 5 years from now his degree will be better. Good luck to you Marcus! Welcome to NDSU.

OnTheFifty
06-12-2009, 03:07 AM
His father said he will spend his Freshman year focusing on school and football, and more than likely play both football and basketball his sophomore year.

Jdubs21
08-27-2009, 01:50 AM
what happened to this kid? i dont see him on the roster

RunDMc34
08-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Clearing house issues? Thats my best guess?

Jdubs21
08-27-2009, 01:53 AM
isnt that only for transfers?

CaBisonFan
08-27-2009, 02:07 AM
about time! UNI thought they had him sewn up.

absolutely lakes!

Jdubs21
08-27-2009, 02:34 AM
so did he end up going somewhere else? we could use him at receiver about now

Wally
08-27-2009, 03:09 AM
That is weird....totally forgot that he committed here....hopefully he can make it here, we definitely need depth @ WR

BisonNolesFan77
08-27-2009, 03:11 AM
He is at NDSU, but not playing football this season...he didnt get 100% by the Clearing House, so he is taking care of that and will be joining the team next season.

MN_BISON
08-27-2009, 03:11 AM
I have no idea if he's on campus but I thought I read he was a non qualifier so he has to sit out a year. I'm not sure about this but I don't think he can use this as a redshirt year if he is at NDSU and is in fact a non qualifier. I'm sure Hammersmith can clear that up.

BisonNolesFan77
08-27-2009, 03:26 AM
I have no idea if he's on campus but I thought I read he was a non qualifier so he has to sit out a year. I'm not sure about this but I don't think he can use this as a redshirt year if he is at NDSU and is in fact a non qualifier. I'm sure Hammersmith can clear that up.

If he gets things in the classroom in shape, he will have 4 years of eligibilty left to paly 4, D1 from the time you step on campus, you have 5 years to play your 4 seasons. If he for some reason gets redshirted next season, which I really, really doubt, he can get his 4th year back by having 80% or more of his degree taken care of after his last season of eligibilty is used. Just like when you hear a JUCO transfer is D1 3 for 2 or 2 for 2. 3 for 2 is three years to play 2, 2 for 2 is 2 years to play 2. I believe Delane Woods, JUCO WR who tore his ACL, can use this season as a redshirt and still have 2 years left.

Hammersmith
08-27-2009, 03:35 AM
If he gets things in the classroom in shape, he will have 4 years of eligibilty left. He can get a 5th year I believe if he has 80% or more of his degree taken care after his last season of eligibilty.

Without looking it up, that sounds right. Yeah, that's how it works. He's got three years as a sure thing(assuming he keeps the regular eligibility requirements) and the fourth year is basically a paperwork formality as long as he keeps on track academically.

JacksFan06
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
He's academically ineligible. One of the reasons it took so long for him to sign with a team was because he didn't have the grades and schools knew there would be trouble with that aspect.

NDSU did land a great player in him though as long as he hits the books this year. He is FBS caliber. I think it was said that NDSU was going to use him as a CB though not a WR.

westnodak93bison
08-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Didnt he have about a 21 act score? Makes me wonder how he didnt have the grades but scored a 21 which is not horrible.

BisonNolesFan77
08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Didnt he have about a 21 act score? Makes me wonder how he didnt have the grades but scored a 21 which is not horrible.

He could have been missing a core class from H.S. as well...just because he didn't qualify doesn't mean it was all because of his grades. NCAA makes you take so many years of core classes, math, sciences, and so on, so he may have only taken 2 years of math when he had to take 3. I think it's 3 Math classes you need...

Kermit
09-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if Marcus Williams is enrolled in school this fall?

tony
09-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know if Marcus Williams is enrolled in school this fall?

He's in the student directory.

CaBisonFan
09-23-2009, 07:34 PM
yep stud PG for Hopkins. May play some hoops down the road. LOCKDOWN defender. Colorado State offered him in hoops. He is a legit athlete. Crazy good.

This is a great signing. Congrats to Craig and his staff!!!! It was great to hear the Hopkins coach today on KFAN talking about how classy and honest our staff was to him during the entire process. Talked about him being a corner or a slot receiver with crazy 10 yard burst.

Looks like UNI is well aware of NDSU on the recruiting front. Well, SDSU for that matter too. (Jack fans...that was a jab, and this is a Bison board, so it will be ok).

This is the kind of athlete & attitude that we need to get us into the real hunt. We have recruited a lot of very good athletes, but we need a few great ones with leadership skills. Looks like this might be one of them. Esley Thorton will be another.

Hit the books Marcus !!!!!!!!!!! Go to class !!!!!!!!!!

A1pigskin
09-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Gotta love that statement...

What do we have they don't besides a good education?

Twentysix
09-24-2009, 03:33 AM
He's in the student directory.

This makes you seem like a creeper, especially because your location says NYC.

Creeper.

ndsubison1
09-24-2009, 03:54 AM

Creeper.

the light is on in his supposed dorm room, so yes he is a student here... (kidding of course)

tony
09-24-2009, 05:11 AM

Creeper.

Heh. The student directory is online - don't worry, it doesn't show addresses or phone numbers or anything in it.

That said, I'm typing this from INSIDE YOUR HOUSE! BWAHAHAHAHA, oh crud, hey, the battery on my laptop is dying and all the outlets in your kitchen are used up... do you mind if I unplug your microwave? And seriously, Twentysix, what's up with all the Lean Cuisine in your fridge?
Just kidding.... I'm not in your kitchen - I'm actially in your basement steeling all ur radonz, creeper-lolcat-style.

lakesbison
08-26-2010, 01:50 AM
He was looking at both sports throughout his senior year, but he said he picked NDSU football over Northern Iowa and the University of Minnesota.

Basketball offer from Colorado State.

and HERE WE ARE YEAR AND HALF LATER AND HE WILL BE IN THE MIX AT NICKEL SITUATIONS!!!!

great to read over the past interviews, thoughts on this kid and show just how hard he worked in the classroom, he had struggles, he thought about quitting, heading back to cities with his family. but he DIDNT, he toughed it out and hopefully he will reap the benefits!!

Mr. Burgundy
08-26-2010, 02:11 AM
I agree with Lakes 100% on this one. Marcus had a great year, he could have easily went home. He has a bright future and I look forward to him playing both sports for 4 years and walking across the stage with a degree. Best of luck to him on and off the field. He is a great example for our young athletes.

tjbison
08-26-2010, 03:33 AM
I agree with Lakes 100% on this one. Marcus had a great year, he could have easily went home. He has a bright future and I look forward to him playing both sports for 4 years and walking across the stage with a degree. Best of luck to him on and off the field. He is a great example for our young athletes.

True That!! Go Marcus

unbison
08-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Marcus maybe the highest ceiling player on the team.......not sure everyone realizes how great of an athlete this kid is

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Heh. The student directory is online - don't worry, it doesn't show addresses or phone numbers or anything in it.

That said, I'm typing this from INSIDE YOUR HOUSE! BWAHAHAHAHA, oh crud, hey, the battery on my laptop is dying and all the outlets in your kitchen are used up... do you mind if I unplug your microwave? And seriously, Twentysix, what's up with all the Lean Cuisine in your fridge?
Just kidding.... I'm not in your kitchen - I'm actially in your basement steeling all ur radonz, creeper-lolcat-style.

You forgot to ask him if he's "checked the children"

Twentysix
08-26-2010, 09:47 PM
lol just reread the last bit of this thread. Pure win.