06-09-2009, 12:47 AM
I Call The Spot Next To The Woods !!

Tatanka
06-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Nice! no more waiting in line for 4hrs... :D

Um, what? Where do we sign up? Cost? Details? :confused:

roadwarrior
06-09-2009, 12:49 AM
I wonder when the specifics of this plan are going to be made public?

tjbison
06-09-2009, 01:31 AM
are you joking??? this would be sweet

roadwarrior
06-09-2009, 01:37 AM
This is no joke. Its been it the works for a long time. Several tailgaters participated in the discussions.

TransAmBison
06-09-2009, 01:39 AM
So can we hear the details and how to sign up?

roadwarrior
06-09-2009, 01:44 AM
I guess that means TAB wasnt in on the planning. Well dont feel bad, I wasnt either.

Gully
06-09-2009, 02:30 AM
I hear there's also going to be a new point system that takes into account how much money you've donated and how long you've been a Team Maker. Not necessarily anything to do with tailgating, just thought I'd mention. Supposedly you'll be able to log in to a site and see your point total and how you rank.

bisongirl
06-09-2009, 02:36 AM
I hear there's also going to be a new point system that takes into account how much money you've donated and how long you've been a Team Maker. Not necessarily anything to do with tailgating, just thought I'd mention. Supposedly you'll be able to log in to a site and see your point total and how you rank.

Actually, the points system does have to do with tailgating because it will determine seniority for spots if I'm not mistaken.

Call Pat Simmers with questions, but all season ticket holders, team makers or not, should receive a letter with information when it is released.

56BISON73
06-09-2009, 02:38 AM

Iowa use that point system for the allocation of season tickets. You also get points if you lettered for the school and if you graduated.
Then the person with the most points gets first choice for season tickets. But you still have to pay the going TM fees for the seats and the cost of season tickets. The point system is also used for tailgaiting-parking.
HMmmmmm considering that Gary Barta is the AD at Iowa it kind of a coincidence dont you think.

aces1180
06-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Actually, the points system does have to do with tailgating because it will determine seniority for spots if I'm not mistaken.

Call Pat Simmers with questions, but all season ticket holders, team makers or not, should've received the letter with information.

I'm a season ticket holder and didn't see anything.

imabison
06-09-2009, 03:37 AM

Call Pat Simmers with questions, but all season ticket holders, team makers or not, should've received the letter with information.

Did not get anythinig yet, but maybe they are not in the mail yet??

sambini
06-09-2009, 03:40 AM
I heard it was in the works. No waiting in line++++++++++

99Bison
They are not in the mail yet. Still finalization going on.

Presumably will be a month or two if I were to venture a guess.

MN_BISON

When did this letter go out? I'm both a season ticket holder and Team Maker and I didn't get a letter yet. I think this is a good idea, are they going to have a special area for larger rigs, kind of hard to squeeze a bus or RV between a Passat and a Malibu if you're not there first.

99Bison
06-09-2009, 03:44 AM
When did this letter go out? I'm both a season ticket holder and Team Maker and I didn't get a letter yet. I think this is a good idea, are they going to have a special area for larger rigs, kind of hard to squeeze a bus or RV between a Passat and a Malibu if you're not their first.

"Should've" should be replace with should in that post. It has not went out.

roadwarrior
06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
A point system was used by NDSU in 1993 when they moved the season ticket holders into the Fargodome.

roadwarrior
06-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Big rigs are going to be allowed in before the Minis.

HandoEX
06-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Won't tailgating still open at the same time for everyone, thus causing lines to get in? Are they going to do two lines, one for people paying and one for people with reserved spots?

roadwarrior
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Since we haven't seen what they came up with, its pretty hard to answer specific questions. I had heard though that the big rigs will be able to get in earlier. How else are they supposed to get to their spots if not?

Having a reserved spot means that you wont have to be their first in line to get a spot.

56BISON73
06-09-2009, 05:05 PM
People with the most points get the first choice for up grades on tickets and parking. The west lot COULD BE all reserved IF they sell all the spots. Then single gamers go to the grass. You can ask for parking next to the people who you have been tailgating with. That will be on the application. Leased parking spots will be open 1/2 hour earlier. Application and fees will be in a letter to be sent out with tickets. There will be some bumps along the way until people get used to the system and changes made to fix over sites- problems etc. Thats all I can remember from my conversation as I might have missed a few things.

TransAmBison
06-09-2009, 05:44 PM
People with the most points get the first choice for up grades on tickets and parking. The west lot COULD BE all reserved IF they sell all the spots. Then single gamers go to the grass. You can ask for parking next to the people who you have been tailgating with. That will be on the application. Leased parking spots will be open 1/2 hour earlier. Application and fees will be in a letter to be sent out with tickets. There will be some bumps along the way* until people get used to the system and changes made to fix over sites- problems etc. Thats all I can remember from my conversation as I might have missed a few things.
Thanks for the insight!!! An extra 1/2 hour??!! Awesome!!!! Muhahahaha!

*Said bumps due to the extra 1/2 hour of tailgating which translates into 3 extra Bison Bombs w/SDBison!! :D

lcbison
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the insight!!! An extra 1/2 hour??!! Awesome!!!! Muhahahaha!

*Said bumps due to the extra 1/2 hour of tailgating which translates into 3 extra Bison Bombs w/SDBison!! :D

If the whole West Lot sells out, won't there still be a line to get in to your assigned spots. Either, way great plan, and extra 1/2 hour is grrrrreat.

56BISON73
06-09-2009, 06:08 PM
If the whole West Lot sells out, won't there still be a line to get in to your assigned spots. Either, way great plan, and extra 1/2 hour is grrrrreat.

The premise is IF the west lot sells out and your spot is reserved then there wont be the need to get there as early. For myself and many others their will still be a line but it will go much faster as there will be no need to pay at the entrance as the parking is prepaid. Also there is an added advantage for people who might get up a bit too late or have other obligations early on game day as they can show up when they want to and there spot should still be their.

VanClubPres
06-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I am a major proponent for reserved spots, as well as my freinds who I wake up at 4 am to get to the line. I LOVE the idea.

That said, I am not super wealthy, and have only graced this earth with my presence for a meer 26 years, thus have been in TM for only two years, and give what I can. Does this mean that my points will not add up to diddily??

I have been #2-5 in line for 2 1/2 years, (I just can't beat Otis no matter how early I go), and have been within 1-2 spots of the same area for 3 years. I am NOT saying that I am better or a bigger fan than anyone else out there, I just do not want to end up in the North 40 by the airport because i can't dontate big yet.

I might be looking at this greedily or blindly, but I LOVE tailgating and I really do think about ways to better my setup nearly all year. It is an important part of my life. I just want everyone to have a fair shot.

I do not get to play. I will tailgate my heart out.

99Bison
06-09-2009, 11:48 PM

I believe you can setup but absolutely not by the strictest sense of the word open any tailgating beverages in that 1/2 hr.

TransAmBison
06-10-2009, 01:41 AM
I believe you can setup but absolutely not by the strictest sense of the word open any tailgating beverages in that 1/2 hr.
I wouldn't dream of it...:hide:

Bison bison
06-10-2009, 02:09 AM
Thank you, athletic department!!!

MN_BISON
06-10-2009, 03:53 AM
I heard a while back that plans were in the works to pave the grass field by the west lot, anyone know if that is still the case?

I bet Simmers had a few phone calls/emails today. Not sure if this was posted or not but I was told the new parking plan will be included with your tickets when they are mailed out which is normally in early July I think.

Herd Mentality
06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
I heard a while back that plans were in the works to pave the grass field by the west lot, anyone know if that is still the case?

Yes, that has been the rumor since about 1995.

imabison
06-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Yes, that has been the rumor since about 1995.

I wonder if tha tis part of the new BB arena plan since it is taking part of the parkting lot.

tjbison
06-12-2009, 12:48 AM
I wonder if tha tis part of the new BB arena plan since it is taking part of the parkting lot.

maybe its part of a New and Improved tailgate policy??? ALL DAY GAME DAY!:nod: :nod: that would be sweet

99Bison
06-12-2009, 02:11 AM

yep... ....

sambini
06-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Haven't seen anything yet?

McBison
06-30-2009, 12:55 AM
My 2nd favorite thread on bisonville will soon be people bitching about having a “sold out” tailgating but the spot next to them is always empty...

Tatanka
06-30-2009, 12:57 AM
My 2nd favorite thread on bisonville will soon be people bitching about having a “sold out” tailgating but the spot next to them is always empty...

Actually, if the spot next to me is always empty, more room for me.:nod:

56BISON73
07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Just got off the phone with Josh.

Reserved spots are 150.00 for the season. That includes 1 spot for parking and one spot to tailgate. (30.00 a game-15.00 per spot)
IF the west lot sells out then game per game parking is 3.00 in the grass. If the west lot DOESNT sell out then parking is like last year 3.00 first come first serve except for those with reserved parking.. More information will be in your season ticket packages which are to be mailed out next week.

TransAmBison
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM

Reserved spots are 150.00 for the season. That includes 1 spot for parking and one spot to tailgate. (30.00 a game-15.00 per spot)
IF the west lot sells out then game per game parking is 3.00 in the grass. If the west lot DOESNT sell out then parking is like last year 3.00 first come first serve except for those with reserved parking.. More information will be in your season ticket packages which are to be mailed out next week.
Holy price hike Batman!!

56BISON73
07-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Holy price hike Batman!!

Yeah
They are leaving alot of money on the table. I would have bought a spot for 75.00. But I dont need 2 spots at a 150.00
So at 3.00 per game they get 15.00 insted of 75.00. = 60.00 in lost revenue.
I think they really need to rethink this.

bisongirl
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah
They are leaving alot of money on the table. I would have bought a spot for 75.00. But I dont need 2 spots at a 150.00
So at 3.00 per game they get 15.00 insted of 75.00. = 60.00 in lost revenue.
I think they really need to rethink this.

Can you split it with someone?

roadwarrior
07-01-2009, 11:41 PM
My prediction (based on those costs) is that they sell 10 reserved spots. Which means it will be back to long lines waiting to get in 5 hours before kickoff (and you'll get your spot for $3).

56BISON73
07-02-2009, 12:06 AM

Dont know. But when I mentioned I didnt need two spots he said the other option was the 3.00. This really makes no sense as I think they could have sold the place out for 50.00 a space for the season.

TransAmBison
07-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Dont know. But when I mentioned I didnt need two spots he said the other option was the 3.00. This really makes no sense as I think they could have sold the place out for 50.00 a space for the season.
I think they are just testing the water. I don't think they really care to sell everything out right now. Test it out with 10 rigs or so and see how it works and go from there.

Bisonguy
07-02-2009, 01:58 AM
I believe that some of the larger FCS schools have reserved tailgating areas for ~$250/spot for the season.

IMO- they should open up the gates for reserved spots at least one, even better would be two hours, before the gates open for the first come first serve spots. Otherwise, it will be even more chaos before the gates open.

bisongirl
07-02-2009, 02:11 AM
IMO- they should open up the gates for reserved spots at least one, even better would be two hours, before the gates open for the first come first serve spots. Otherwise, it will be even more chaos before the gates open.

I believe that with your reserved tailgating spot you will be able to get into the lot 1 hour before the "first come-first serve" spots. You won't be able to drink for that hour...just get set up.

Gully
07-02-2009, 02:32 AM
My prediction (based on those costs) is that they sell 10 reserved spots. Which means it will be back to long lines waiting to get in 5 hours before kickoff (and you'll get your spot for $3).

I think they'll sell a lot more than that. I'll gladly pay the $150 and know I have my spot each week. Remember, you can have one vehicle and have all kinds of people show up!

Tatanka
07-02-2009, 03:14 AM

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/ThornXV/wtf-NO.png

:eeek:

Well, there goes $150. :nod:

Bisonguy
07-02-2009, 03:48 AM
I believe that with your reserved tailgating spot you will be able to get into the lot 1 hour before the "first come-first serve" spots. You won't be able to drink for that hour...just get set up.

PL stated a while back that it was a 1/2 hr. If that's the case, there's not much incentive to get reserved spots unless you have a big rig.

Heck, GSU sells corporate tailgates for $1k. Per game. NDSU could do the same, but you gotta have some perks.

56BISON73
07-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Remember this is new ground that they are breaking hear at NDSU and I would expect some hiccups in there plan. I just hope that they correct the flaws in a timely manner.
I would think they could offer single spots for 50- 75.00 and two spots for125.- 150.00. That would ensure that those groups that need more space would be able to do so so. And those that dont need two spots can still get a reserved spot. Its a win win situation and they actually will make more money on parking. IMO.

56BISON73
07-02-2009, 04:04 AM
I think they are just testing the water. I don't think they really care to sell everything out right now. Test it out with 10 rigs or so and see how it works and go from there.

Those are pretty big baby steps to test the waters.:D

56BISON73
07-02-2009, 04:09 AM

I think that is a very good question that they should be asked as I certainly dont need two spaces. Thats why I think they should sell single spaces.

Bison bison
07-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Just talked to Josh as well.

-$150 for two spots.
-Numbered.
-Will be able to select general area.
-Note if you want to have spots next to someone specific.
-Not necessarily in early (except for the big rigs).

I think the scheme is great. $150 is a deal.

For those of you who only want one spot - make a friend! Bisonville should be a great place to find a tailgating buddy...

Bison bison
07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
My only thought is that they should raise the price of spots in the west lot so that people go there for tailgating, not parking.

6 game season
2 spots $150
=$12.5/spot/game

How much would need to be charged so people park in the south and east lots and only park tailgating vehicles in the west lot? $5? $7?

This would drastically reduce the commotion and make more room for tailgating.

MHDBisonfan
07-02-2009, 05:14 PM
My only thought is that they should raise the price of spots in the west lot so that people go there for tailgating, not parking.

6 game season
2 spots $150
=$12.5/spot/game

How much would need to be charged so people park in the south and east lots and only park tailgating vehicles in the west lot? $5? $7?

I agree, it shouldn't turn into a "parking lot". Question: What about the people that take up 6-8 spots or more? I'm talking actual what I would consider parking spaces. My group has a rig, that alone takes up 2 spots, but then by the time we have the grill, table, chairs, music, tv, etc all out, I'm sure we easily take up that group of 4 spaces right next to the 2 that our rig takes up...how is that going to work? And our layout isn't overly extensive, like some of you on the south side of the lot who take up 10 parking spaces or more! I'm not complaining about anyone taking up that many spaces, I think it's cool, I'm just wondering how that's going to work with "reserving" all that room. Any guesses anybody?

Bison bison
07-02-2009, 06:11 PM
My guess is that they'll have to buy more than 2 spots (this isn't rocket science).

lakesbison
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Lakes gang of misfits will still be able to pay $3!! sweet!

good deal guys, im all for it!

Bisonguy
07-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Remember this is new ground that they are breaking hear at NDSU and I would expect some hiccups in there plan. I just hope that they correct the flaws in a timely manner.
I would think they could offer single spots for 50- 75.00 and two spots for125.- 150.00. That would ensure that those groups that need more space would be able to do so so. And those that dont need two spots can still get a reserved spot. Its a win win situation and they actually will make more money on parking. IMO.

It's a win-win, but there's nothing there to justify ponying up the additional $114-130 for a reserved spot.

Open up the gates two hours earlier for VIP reserved tailgating(heck, just open the gates an hour earlier and move the GA tailgating back an hour), and I would venture that the $150 spots would be the new 'normal' tailgating within 3-4 years.

Way too much $$$$$ being left on the table with this setup, IMO.

Bison bison
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I think that five hours is enough! :hide:

Only die hards-including me- (and those mother F*(&@#$G SQUATTERS) show up five hours early.

I say open the lot at 8 am regardless of game time for those with reserved spots. 2 hours before the game for the lamos who should still be spending $10 a spot to park in the tailgating lot.

TransAmBison
07-02-2009, 08:51 PM
It's a win-win, but there's nothing there to justify ponying up the additional $114-130 for a reserved spot.

Open up the gates two hours earlier for VIP reserved tailgating(heck, just open the gates an hour earlier and move the GA tailgating back an hour), and I would venture that the $150 spots would be the new 'normal' tailgating within 3-4 years.

Way too much $$$$$ being left on the table with this setup, IMO.
Don't be giving them any ideas!

Bisonguy
07-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I think that five hours is enough! :hide:

Only die hards-including me- (and those mother F*(&@#$G SQUATTERS) show up five hours early.

I say open the lot at 8 am regardless of game time for those with reserved spots. 2 hours before the game for the lamos who should still be spending $10 a spot to park in the tailgating lot.

If 5 hours is enough, easy solution. VIP's are allowed in 5 hours before kickoff, GA tailgaters 3 hours. :nod:

With a two hour separation, it gives plenty of time for VIP's to lollygag and show up a little late for their reserved spot. It would also help give the VIP's plenty of time to show up before the GA's start lining up at the gates(~1 hour before the lots open for them).

I can already hear TAB pleading to his wife, " But Honey, if we don't get a reserved spot, we'll miss out on an entire two hours of tailgating. Two. Whole. Hours!!!" ;)

56BISON73
07-03-2009, 12:37 AM

6 game season
2 spots $150
=$12.5/spot/game

I already think the majority of people in west lot tailgate as thats the only lot that allows alcohol.

56BISON73
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
I agree, it shouldn't turn into a "parking lot". Question: What about the people that take up 6-8 spots or more? I'm talking actual what I would consider parking spaces. My group has a rig, that alone takes up 2 spots, but then by the time we have the grill, table, chairs, music, tv, etc all out, I'm sure we easily take up that group of 4 spaces right next to the 2 that our rig takes up...how is that going to work? And our layout isn't overly extensive, like some of you on the south side of the lot who take up 10 parking spaces or more! I'm not complaining about anyone taking up that many spaces, I think it's cool, I'm just wondering how that's going to work with "reserving" all that room. Any guesses anybody?

All the reserved spaces will be numbered. So you will only be allowed to use the space you have numbers for. Whet I see happening is people getting a group together to get the required space needed. I also see people swapping spaces with other people.
I think for at least the first year there are going to be long lines just like last year as many are going to opt for the 3.00 parking.

TransAmBison
07-03-2009, 01:35 AM
If 5 hours is enough, easy solution. VIP's are allowed in 5 hours before kickoff, GA tailgaters 3 hours. :nod:

With a two hour separation, it gives plenty of time for VIP's to lollygag and show up a little late for their reserved spot. It would also help give the VIP's plenty of time to show up before the GA's start lining up at the gates(~1 hour before the lots open for them).

I can already hear TAB pleading to his wife, " But Honey, if we don't get a reserved spot, we'll miss out on an entire two hours of tailgating. Two. Whole. Hours!!!" ;)
Some of us still tailgate. Some of us put on the khacki pants and fly over tailgating taking pictures we never see. :D

56BISON73
07-03-2009, 02:04 AM

Ohhhhhhh I dont think that would be too popular. :D

Bisonguy
07-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Some of us still tailgate. Some of us put on the khacki pants and fly over tailgating taking pictures we never see. :D

Dude, that was a blow below the belt. (that would be the belt used to hold the khakis up). :D

Ohhhhhhh I dont think that would be too popular. :D

Yeah, but it sure would help sell those spots this year. Plenty of other schools only allow tailgating 3hrs before kickoff. Add some VALUE to the reserved spots. The current plan is only an added cost, with nearly zero added benefit. Add some benefit, or this reserved tailgating plan will go the way of the code green towels.

56BISON73
07-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Dude, that was a blow below the belt. (that would be the belt used to hold the khakis up). :D

Yeah, but it sure would help sell those spots this year. Plenty of other schools only allow tailgating 3hrs before kickoff. Add some VALUE to the reserved spots. The current plan is only an added cost, with nearly zero added benefit. Add some benefit, or this reserved tailgating plan will go the way of the code green towels.

I agree. I just cant imagine that this is the plan they came up with considering all the options available. Ridiculous is the only thing that comes to mind on this one.

Value comes from more tailgate time and showing up when you want and still having your space. But IMO 150.00 is way too steep for cars. Rigs are a different story as they take up more space. You can also add value by raising the single game parking to say 15-20. While charging 50.00 for single spaces for the season. That would force many to buy the parking package which would be cheaper than buying single game. At 50.00 thats still 35.00 more per car per season than what you were getting before and you are getting that money upfront whether thay come to all the games or not.

Its going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

VanClubPres
07-05-2009, 03:56 PM

Well I am utterly disappointed.

The bold letters have it right. I spent 32 dollars a game, bought 8 spots, but we stacked 5 vehicles in that area. Now 150 dollars for teh season, but you get two spots? That stings. I would have payed 8-10 dollars a spot to know that I would be able to set up the way that I have come to enjoy.

This has been totally heartbreaking. I look forward to tailgaiting all year. This hurts.

MNLonghorn10
07-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Lakes gang of misfits will still be able to pay $3!! sweet!

good deal guys, im all for it!

agreed. i got no problems showing up at 5:30am to tailgate at 6am. our area in the north part of the lot, was perfectly fine.

bsking
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Nice move NDSU:
- During a recession increase cost for spots in tailgate lot by 500%.
- Make a quick uninformed decision rather than consulting with tailgaters to make sure this thing really works.
- End up displacing tailgaters from their established spots so that the rich bandwagon folk can move in.
- If it aint broke don't fix it........there was nothing wrong with the lines forming outside the lots. Dedicated fans that came early were rewarded.
- This stinks of another Pat Simmers poor decision.

bsking
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Any thoughts people? I am from Minnesota and tailgate at least 3 times a year for the past 12 years. My group is there all the time and I don't know why this tailgate spot thing is so important. It costs alot more and gives preference to old rich teammakers. What about all us average joes on a budget with working class jobs that wanna tailgate and have fun with the rest of Bison Nation?

56BISON73
07-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Any thoughts people? I am from Minnesota and tailgate at least 3 times a year for the past 12 years. My group is there all the time and I don't know why this tailgate spot thing is so important. It costs alot more and gives preference to old rich teammakers. What about all us average joes on a budget with working class jobs that wanna tailgate and have fun with the rest of Bison Nation?

First do some research-phone calls to find out the real information.
The new policy wont effect you as there will still be 3.00 parking.

MNLonghorn10
07-06-2009, 10:43 PM

come to the north end of the parking lot. we know how to party.

tv's, satellite, grills.

EndZoneQB
07-06-2009, 10:56 PM

tv's, satellite, grills.

Werd. We were on the end of the first row on the north side of the west lot. Right on the corner, primo spot for making friends and room. Come watch some HD football or play a game of NCAA 2010 with us. We usually have plenty of food too.

roadwarrior
07-06-2009, 11:30 PM
- Make a quick uninformed decision rather than consulting with tailgaters to make sure this thing really works.

Actually, there was a committee formed consisting of tailgaters that created this new plan. From what I have heard everyone that participated agreed pretty quickly to the plan.

I will not be buying a reserved spot, but I will tailgate the same as always.

IzzyFlexion
07-07-2009, 12:01 AM

tv's, satellite, grills.

At first I read girls!

Damn you dyslexia!
http://www.lonestarsteve.com/photos/stewie_mad.gif

bsking
07-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Actually, there was a committee formed consisting of tailgaters that created this new plan. From what I have heard everyone that participated agreed pretty quickly to the plan.

I will not be buying a reserved spot, but I will tailgate the same as always.
The tailgaters on that committee were likely all big donors........no one spoke for the little guy.

Bison Dan
07-07-2009, 04:46 PM
The tailgaters on that committee were likely all big donors........no one spoke for the little guy.

You know this how?? or is this just more of your bs?

56BISON73
07-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Reply of an email on the new tailgate plan.

We had a committee that included large vehicles and single vehicle members. Everyone felt comfortable with the plan. You cannot set up in the fire lane, hence the need for 2 spaces. Every purchase will include a parking pass for every spot, if 3 people want to buy 4 spaces they can park 3 cars and set up in one space. If they invade the fire lane they will be required to remove their set up. People can use their spaces the way they want, but will not be able to be outside of their area

The plan will always need adjustment, with full knowledge that we cannot please everyone]

Hopefully this will answer some peoples questions.

Herd Mentality
07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
The fire lane thing is a little fishy. What is basically being said is that they don't want you to show up and grill off your tailgate because that would be impeding the fire lane... how ironic.

PS - Gully, last time I checked the rig takes up two spaces almost all by itself. It's chubby.

bsking
07-07-2009, 07:30 PM
You want names grow some balls and make the calls yourself.
But I see reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. You can get somebody to split the cost with you for the two spaces. May be they havent taught you critical thinking in your weekly reader summer course.
FYI you WERE supposed to buy additional spaces for tailgaiting if you were using more spaces than the one for your vehicle. All that has changed it that reserved spaces cost more money. You will still beable to park for 3.00 just not where the reserved spaces are.
Don't like it.......are you a snake.....errr....fish oil salesman or somethin?

Bison Dan
07-07-2009, 07:54 PM
OK fact boy......justify the 500% increase in parking fees. Actually 1000% if you have to buy two for one vehicle. You all want to act all high and mighty but can't really respond to the questions. 500% at a time of recession was uncalled for.........let the common tailgater have his fun parking in the same lot as others. The old system wasn't that bad. No this was a calculated move to get $$$ and allow those with $$$$$$$ to move in and get the good spots!

Hey if you don't like don't come. See how easy that is? Problem solved!

UTH
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey if you don't like don't come. See how easy that is? Problem solved!

Just once, I'd like to see the proper use of the Ignore Feature in action. If everyone would just add him to their ignore lists, the problem should take care of itself. Sooner or later, he should get sick of posting for just himself and the rest should work itself out on its own.

Well, just a second there, professor...
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/bobs.jpg
If we, uh, we fix the *glitch*. So noone will be reading his posts anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally...

56BISON73
07-07-2009, 08:33 PM
FYI-----

The reserved spots will start in Lot E on the west side which is the south side of the west lot. If there is more demand for reserved spots it will then spill over in to Lot F which is the north side of the west lot.

MNLonghorn10
07-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Stay away from the northside dammit!! :D

Mr. Burgundy
07-08-2009, 02:34 AM
You can still tailgate for the $3.00. You just won't have the same spot every time. This decision was done for safety and to meet the demands of the tailgaters....who WANTED to pay and reserve the spot. That is a drop in the bucket to what is being spent on tailgating.

The West lot will be full, safe, and the money will go to scholarships. Not a bad deal for everyone involved.

56BISON73
07-08-2009, 03:10 AM
You can still tailgate for the $3.00. You just won't have the same spot every time. This decision was done for safety and to meet the demands of the tailgaters....who WANTED to pay and reserve the spot. That is a drop in the bucket to what is being spent on tailgating.

The West lot will be full, safe, and the money will go to scholarships. Not a bad deal for everyone involved.

Well said!!!!
Just like anything new it will take alittle time to get used to the changes.:nod:

EndZoneQB
07-08-2009, 03:32 AM
I got the same spot every game last year :) I think after the first couple, most people just expected us to be in that spot so I hope that continues this year. Still will look into reserved spots, we have a big group so it might not be that much to get 4-6 spots...

Jdubs21
07-09-2009, 03:39 AM
we park out in the grass so im not worried

56BISON73
07-09-2009, 03:53 AM
In reality NDSU is the one who will benefit. The well healed TMs really wont be benefiting as they will be paying alot more for there parking spots than they did previously. Same goes for other TMs that arent rich but might have alittle more disposable income. Those people will be in almost the same spots but paying more.
Nobody is getting hurt as anybody who doesnt want to spend 150.00 dont have to. Its still only 3.00.

Granted some people may not get the same spots they did last year. But really is that such a big issue??? People will move and establish a new territory. Or depending on how well the plan goes you might not have to move at all.
To me its not that big of an issue. Especially when I think that at some schools the premium stadium parking cost you huge dollars. 5-10-15 large. For anyone else you pay 15-30.00 to park in peoples yards to tailgate. Or you pay and park miles away and walk to the stadium.
So for the majority 3.00 is still pretty cheap. People dont know how good they have it to be able to park so close to the FD.

If you look at the south part of the west lot its pretty big. Does anyone really think that there will be that many people who will shell out 150.00 to sell that lot out???

unbison
07-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Ok i will concede on a couple of your points..... safety however is not an issue...... u are in fargo at a bison game.... and you are a bison fan..... not like you are a auburn fan trying to tailgate in Tuscaloosa

Bison Dan
07-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok i will concede on a couple of your points..... safety however is not an issue...... u are in fargo at a bison game.... and you are a bison fan..... not like you are a auburn fan trying to tailgate in Tuscaloosa

Can you tell that Mr. Burgundy might be a salesman?

VanClubPres
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Ok, so I am going to go with the flow on this and accept the tailgating terms for this year. I do not agree with it, but it seems this is already in place and it is going to be that way.

That said, I think we can drop the arguement that is as follows:

"At least we do not have to pay thousands like Big D1 schools."

We (unfortuatly) do not draw 60-100,000 people to a game, so I think that part of the arguement can be left out of the discussion.

Blast away on me, BV.

Yo
07-11-2009, 08:39 PM
My guess is that the $3 parking in the grass will become a lot busier. :hide:

roadwarrior
07-11-2009, 09:30 PM
You can still park for $3 on the west lot's pavement too.

56BISON73
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Try to remember that this is a new plan. It can always be changed. Over time it will be tweaked to hopefully make it better. To make it better those who have suggestions need to direct those suggestion to the proper people. Just bitching on a website isnt going to make it better. Also remember that constructive suggestions go alot further than just saying that the new plan sucks.

I myself dont care for the new plan. They could have made it more tailgate friendly and actually could have made more money by going a different route. But I realise they had to start some where and the reasons for starting the plan.

At this moment in time Iam talking to a few people about splitting the two spaces. If it doesnt work out then there is always the 3.00 option.

I think much of the disgruntlement is the new price and the fear of the unknown---where will we be and will we still have our group together.
I think the later can be found out with a well placed phone call.

VanClubPres
07-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I think much of the disgruntlement is the new price and the fear of the unknown---where will we be and will we still have our group together.

I think taht i agree with this. For four years I have been within one or two spots of the same spot. It is just growing pains.

56BISON73
07-13-2009, 07:01 PM
For those that want to keep their groups together in the reserved parking section. You have 2 options. 1. all applications for the group should be submitted together. 2. you can write on the application who you want to be next to.

IMO option #1 would be the best.

Ticket packages with applications are to be mailed out today.

tony
07-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Are either of the following statements false?

If you want to pay $150/season you get two reserved spots and can show up an hour earlier.
If you want to go with the $3/game option nothing will change for you except that there will be fewer available spots - how many fewer will depend on how many people are willing to spend $30/game for parking.Now all we need is street signs and addresses so we can get our mail delivered there (I suggest offensive players north-south lanes and defensive players for east west). :)

Bison bison
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Are either of the following statements false?

If you want to pay $150/season you get two reserved spots and can show up an hour earlier.
If you want to go with the $3/game option nothing will change for you except that there will be fewer available spots - how many fewer will depend on how many people are willing to spend $30/game for parking.Now all we need is street signs and addresses so we can get our mail delivered there (I suggest offensive players north-south lanes and defensive players for east west). :)

that is correct.

Herd Mentality
07-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Shelling out $300 for the entire season for a bus will be a little hard to swallow. (4 spots would be needed for most of those) Good thing they can't keep the passengers on the bus from drinking during that hour, as long as you don't step outside with your beverage you should be good to go.

Now...will Teddy let me start paying to reserve parking at Chub's after the game.

Gully
07-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Shelling out $300 for the entire season for a bus will be a little hard to swallow. (4 spots would be needed for most of those) Good thing they can't keep the passengers on the bus from drinking during that hour, as long as you don't step outside with your beverage you should be good to go.

Now...will Teddy let me start paying to reserve parking at Chub's after the game.

$300 for the entire season? I'd say that 3 games worth of avoided pre-game bartabs for our group would put us ahead money-wise.

Mr. Burgundy
07-15-2009, 03:10 AM
I guess I will step on the bomb here....maybe a Jag bomb if SD is around.

I for one LOVE paying more for my own spot. I am getting a bunch. No more waking up 19 hours early to get in line. I just put the sticker in my truck and drive on in....an hour before everyone else. Our group is getting a ton of these.

If you don't like it....go ahead and park on the paved other portion of the lot for $3 fee. Pretty simple. Why is there a panic over this. If you listened to almost anyone in the long lines last year, they were begging for a better option, more safety (yes there were several VERY close calls, that led to many complains from families), and less chaos. I just am excited not to see any old women running out putting cones in their spots before I can drive there....even though I was there 3 hours before them.

So, you have your option....and no drama.

Happy guy

EndZoneQB
07-15-2009, 04:18 AM
I think the money seems like a big deal because it's up front. If we got to put a deposit down on our reserved spots, and you can just pay down your balance at the games(keep it atleast "current"), I bet more people would do it.

I agree tho, nothing pisses me off more than people running out and standing in parking spots when I've been there for hours. I was honestly surprised they let that happen(security didn't have much else to watch, we all have prebought our tickets)? It'd be easy for them to just say "sorry, unfair".

Either way, I'll be getting there as early as possible.

lcbison
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I guess I will step on the bomb here....maybe a Jag bomb if SD is around.

I for one LOVE paying more for my own spot. I am getting a bunch. No more waking up 19 hours early to get in line. I just put the sticker in my truck and drive on in....an hour before everyone else. Our group is getting a ton of these.

If you don't like it....go ahead and park on the paved other portion of the lot for $3 fee. Pretty simple. Why is there a panic over this. If you listened to almost anyone in the long lines last year, they were begging for a better option, more safety (yes there were several VERY close calls, that led to many complains from families), and less chaos. I just am excited not to see any old women running out putting cones in their spots before I can drive there....even though I was there 3 hours before them.

So, you have your option....and no drama.

Happy guy

Agree 100%

Although I am going to miss driving over the old ladies cones in the lot.

99Bison
07-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Not to bring this up again, but found this interesting/creativeish info on new reserved Baylor Tailgating section.

"Baylor recently opened up the “Stadium Tailgating” section located outside of the south end zone. For $150 tailgaters get a 30′ x 30′ parking space that includes FREE cable hookup, FREE electric hookup and a parking pass for one vehicle. As a bonus for the 2009 season, tailgaters that reserve a season long tailgating spot will receive a FREE 10′ x 10′ Baylor Pop-Up Tent. By the way, that $150 is not per game, it for the entire season. Baylor has six home games in 2009 so that averages out to $25 per game. That’s really a good deal considering a spot within the Stadium Tailgating section is $30 for a single game and spots are not guaranteed. Also, the “Stadium Tailgating” section is not off in some remote area of the parking lot where you have to hike four miles to get to the stadium. It is right by the South End Zone."

Bisonfan1
07-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Now thats a game day experience !!! Bison game day experience will get better and better, doubt they will be pitching a tent our way though.

TransAmBison
07-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Now thats a game day experience !!! Bison game day experience will get better and better, doubt they will be pitching a tent our way though.
I should hope nobody is pitching a tent our way. :hide: :confused: :hide: :D

56BISON73
07-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Update
One half of the west lot(south) is now just about sold out with a few people requesting the north side. Which I understand those requests will be granted.
Also there are no TM points being given out for the parking fees.

MNLonghorn10
07-29-2009, 09:40 PM
north end holla!

Gully
07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Update
One half of the west lot(south) is now just about sold out with a few people requesting the north side. Which I understand those requests will be granted.
Also there are no TM points being given out for the parking fees.

Just as I expected....I guess they didn't overprice it afterall. I know some of you think this is a lot of money, but it'll only go up from here. After all, the whole point of TMs is to raise money. We'll need more when we move up to the WAC or Mountain West!

Herd Mentality
07-30-2009, 07:30 PM
I do think the "no TeamMaker points" thing is a bit of a dick move... but whatever. :hide:

Bison bison
07-31-2009, 02:50 AM
I think they need to do it that way.

I doubt the money is all going to scholarships/administration.

It should go to buy Taylor a helicopter and some of those pimp shoes with goldfish swimming in 'em.

56BISON73
07-31-2009, 03:08 AM
I do think the "no TeamMaker points" thing is a bit of a dick move... but whatever. :hide:

I would have also liked to see the TM points but I can see the logistical nightmare involved with issueing the points for large groups who go in together. Who gets the points? Because only one person has his name on the spots. Then you have the issue of priority when swithing the group leader every year so the points can be evenly distributed.
But its really a none issue with me as no matter where you go you have to pay for parking.

Herd Mentality
08-05-2009, 09:11 PM
400/600 spots are GONZO. 200 spots in the north side of the west lot are all that remain.

tony
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
400/600 spots are GONZO. 200 spots in the north side of the west lot are all that remain.

Man, maybe they made the price too low...

or

DEMAND says we need more SUPPLY

lakesbison
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Nobody Better Park In My Tree Spot!!!!

Herd Mentality
08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Time to make the East lot the Booze lot.

Bisonfan1
08-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Nobody Better Park In My Tree Spot!!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble Lakes, but the "tree spot" right behind our area will be off limits as they said the "fire lanes" being open will be strictly enforced. So you will just have to set up on the grass and not on the concrete. BTW - we enjoy the eye candy that shows up at your tailgate, however I fail to see the attraction there :D

Bisonfan1
08-06-2009, 12:14 AM

I LOVE THE RIG !!! You wont be able to hide anymore from the section 21 freaks that seek you out every game to give you a ribbing on how LAME section 20 is !! Now you need to work on overnight camping in our reserved spots the night before the game !!

spelunker64
08-06-2009, 03:35 AM
NORTHSIDE Baby!

Bison"FANatic"
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I LOVE THE RIG !!! You wont be able to hide anymore from the section 21 freaks that seek you out every game to give you a ribbing on how LAME section 20 is !! Now you need to work on overnight camping in our reserved spots the night before the game !!

Hey now don't be cutting on Section 20!!!!:D :D ;) ;) ;)

Bisonfan1
08-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Anyone got an update, is it all sold out yet ?? Also any news on when they may mail the parking passes out ?? and are they going to number the spots ?? If nobody knows right off hand, I will try and call Monday to find out.

roadwarrior
08-15-2009, 01:35 PM
They are going to number the spots.

Bisonfan1
08-15-2009, 07:56 PM
They are going to number the spots.

Thank you, that will save alot of confusion upon arrival.

Tatanka
08-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you, that will save alot of confusion upon arrival.

Yes, but only if a map with the numbered spots is distributed first...

spelunker64
08-18-2009, 03:29 AM
So if this doesn't sell out are they going to allow single game parking in there as well. That sounds like a mess, and trying to get people out of your spot...

99Bison
08-18-2009, 03:41 AM
So if this doesn't sell out are they going to allow single game parking in there as well. That sounds like a mess, and trying to get people out of your spot...

Doubtful this will sell out, and yes $3 still gets you in.

Till
08-24-2009, 04:50 PM
So I got my reserved spots in the mail this weekend. When I bought them I went in to the ticket office and they let me pick my spots out from those available, but now I get this letter saying they assigned them based on priority points and they changed my spot.

Didn't they say that we won't be getting points for paying for spots, but now they're using them to rank what parking spot you get?

roadwarrior
08-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I think they always said that they were going to use the point system to assign the spots.

56BISON73
08-24-2009, 07:16 PM
So I got my reserved spots in the mail this weekend. When I bought them I went in to the ticket office and they let me pick my spots out from those available, but now I get this letter saying they assigned them based on priority points and they changed my spot.

Didn't they say that we won't be getting points for paying for spots, but now they're using them to rank what parking spot you get?

They use your points for ticket upgrades and parking spots etc. You just dont get points for the money paid for the parking spots.

Till
08-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Fair enough. I guess it was just misleading for a lady in the office there to ask me where I wanted to reserve on a map of the parking lot with a bunch of spots already marked off.

tony
08-24-2009, 08:24 PM
I think they should use a very simple system like this:

First, you design an on-line game like the one described here (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16525&page=18) except that instead of brutes, each squad gets a "brute bus" and instead of a 1-on-1 format, it's a free-for-all brawl.

Second, using your points you can upgrade your brute bus with flame throwers, .50 caliber machine guns, turbo boost, Hello Kitty decals, etc - in this way, the folks with lots of points get an advantage.

Third, assemble all the players on the virtual lot and let them try to stake out their turf. At the end of one hour, stop and find out who is where.

It's such an obvious idea.

Tatanka
08-24-2009, 09:09 PM
You had me until "Virtual Lot". I checked with the US Patent office, and the concept of "virtual tailgating" has already been registered. It's a natural extension! :nod:

56BISON73
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Fair enough. I guess it was just misleading for a lady in the office there to ask me where I wanted to reserve on a map of the parking lot with a bunch of spots already marked off.

You may have requested parking spaces that someone who later on requested those same spots but had more priority points than you.
I cant remember if they had a place for 2cnd or 3rd choice on th application.

Herd Mentality
08-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Also, you should know that if you had a group of people they took the person with the most points and not cumulative. So lets say you work for a company that supports Bison athletics but doesn't tailgate...sign your company up as a member of your group and BAM! instant way better spot.

sambini
08-29-2009, 12:49 PM
We have ours++++

SDbison
08-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Also, you should know that if you had a group of people they took the person with the most points and not cumulative. So lets say you work for a company that supports Bison athletics but doesn't tailgate...sign your company up as a member of your group and BAM! instant way better spot.
Herd, did you get that rig painted / wrapped yet?

Herd Mentality
08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Herd, did you get that rig painted / wrapped yet?

Negatory, been more worried about getting the creature comforts in place before the trip to Ames.

lakesbison
08-31-2009, 09:43 PM
get some finger paint. or something that can be wiped off after the game.

gotta put crazy green foam, or streamers or SOMETHING. buy 2 green bison flags and ducktap them on there.. COME ON!

Bisonfan1
09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
get some finger paint. or something that can be wiped off after the game.

gotta put crazy green foam, or streamers or SOMETHING. buy 2 green bison flags and ducktap them on there.. COME ON!

They have the window flags at Wall Mart in Fargo right now for 3.50 each, also got some NDSU magnets at Scheels and Wall Mart to dress up the Expedition. Lakes - rumor is you will be bare chested in the end zone with NDSU painted on your chest.

SDbison
09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
They have the window flags at Wall Mart in Fargo right now for 3.50 each, also got some NDSU magnets at Scheels and Wall Mart to dress up the Expedition. Lakes - rumor is you will be bare chested in the end zone with NDSU painted on your chest.
You have to do something with that stark white rig Herd! That thing sticks out like a white guy.........(insert bad racial joke here).
As for Lakes, just look for where its rainin bitches.....thats where Lakes will be......

Gully
09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
You have to do something with that stark white rig Herd! That thing sticks out like a white guy.........(insert bad racial joke here).
As for Lakes, just look for where its rainin bitches.....thats where Lakes will be......

Don't worry, we have a 25' flag pole with a 6' X 10' Bison Flag, it'll be hard to miss us.

Herd Mentality
09-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Don't worry, we have a 25' flag pole with a 6' X 10' Bison Flag, it'll be hard to miss us.

Can't wait to break in the "tailgate windows"...

imabison
09-05-2009, 07:52 PM
I think they always said that they were going to use the point system to assign the spots.

Does anyone have the site that you use to look up your points?

I heard it was sent out, but the card looked more like an ad for tshirts, and
I probably threw it away.

roadwarrior
09-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have the site that you use to look up your points?

I heard it was sent out, but the card looked more like an ad for tshirts, and
I probably threw it away.

They use the login for all access (on gobison.com) to find your point total. It sounds like your account number and password went out in the garbage.

imabison
09-06-2009, 12:09 AM
They use the login for all access (on gobison.com) to find your point total. It sounds like your account number and password went out in the garbage.

Yup it probably did...

Bison bison
09-06-2009, 03:47 AM
imabison, send me your name and social security number and i'll set you up with a new login/password.

act fast and i'll have my nigerian uncle send you two million dollars as well.

gotts
09-06-2009, 03:49 AM
imabison, send me your name and social security number and i'll set you up with a new login/password.

Is he in the carving business by any chance?

tjbison
09-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Is he in the carving business by any chance?

I bet he has a Bison tatoo, and it might say he gives BJ's:D

imabison
09-08-2009, 11:42 PM

I will be happy to send that info to you when I have a copy of your signed agreement along with Gene Taylor to have the new BB arena built. The sooner the better.

unbison
09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
seems a little early to be talking about tailgating for basketball....... i dont think midnight madness is for at least another month

bisongirl
09-10-2009, 12:29 AM
seems a little early to be talking about tailgating for basketball....... i dont think midnight madness is for at least another month

Midnight Madness is on October 16th after the Volleyball team's Dig for a Cure match.