PDA

View Full Version : 2009 - 2010 schedule

MNBISONCLUB
06-05-2009, 04:35 PM
A birdie told me Ball State is coming to the BSA over Thanksiving for our tournament. Ball State beat Tennesse in the first round of the NCCA tournament last year and lost to Iowa State in the second round.

HandoEX
06-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Wow, that would be a great early season test! They had a really good season last year and won the MAC.

roadwarrior
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
A birdie told me Ball State is coming to the BSA over Thanksiving for our tournament.

This alone would be great news!

BlueKeyAlum
06-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Ball State's been to the Ball.

http://ballstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=62090&SPID=6776&DB_OEM_ID=14200&ATCLID=3732276

A1pigskin
06-06-2009, 02:54 AM
We beat them in football, now it's time to beat them in basketball.

MNBISONCLUB
06-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Appears the other team in the Thanksgiving tourney will be Denver. The Ladies lost to them last year 56-49 and that is the game Abby Plucker was injured in.

rustywallace
07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
ball state will be in grand forks this year.

BisBison
07-12-2009, 04:58 AM
ball state will be in grand forks this year.

OK what does that mean? They're in GF not Fargo or both??

imabison
07-12-2009, 06:04 AM
OK what does that mean? They're in GF not Fargo or both??

Could it mean they are playing in the NDSU tourney, and then up north as a third game in the area?? That is just a guess I have not idea.

NDSUstudent
07-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Nothing really exciting but here are a few more games....

11/09 Jamestown(exhibition)
12/18 Northern State

Greenie
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM
UND is playing Wyoming in GF --- wouldn't be surprised to see them playing in Fargo around that time as well

ndsubison1
07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Wyoming and Ball St. are both on the tenative schedule

Non-Conference:

Nov. 3 MSUM (Exhibition)
Nov. 9 Jamestown (Exhibition)
Nov. 13 @ UNI
Nov. 20 Wyoming
Nov. 24 @ Minnesota
Nov. 27 Ball St.
Nov. 29 Denver
Dec. 12 @ New Mexico St.
Dec. 18 Northern St.

summitfever
07-14-2009, 10:58 PM
It's being discussed on the men's board, so it should be here too. Why is Northern State on our regular season schedule? We should not have non D1 games as regular season games. I'm nervous about seeing the rest of the schedule.:hide:

BlueKeyAlum
07-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Don't know about the NSU women but Don Meyer, the Wolves men's coach,, is a coaching legend internationally. Be silly not to play him.

summitfever
07-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Don't know about the NSU women but Don Meyer, the Wolves men's coach,, is a coaching legend internationally. Be silly not to play him.

Agreed...but in an exhibition game only. I'm not even upset we aren't trying to play a major schedule like SDSU. I'd be happy with just playing all D1 schools for a change. We need to start scheduling bigger/better programs to make us better. I'm not saying we need to play UConn every year, but you get the point. It would help recruiting as well.

Elephants Dream?
07-15-2009, 01:06 AM
The Northern State women used to be a powerful team in the
North Central Regionals.
Aren't we playing them during semester/X-mas break?
I'll bet travel costs/distance, etc. were a factor in their scheduling.
It may have been much easier to get someone to come to Fargo
from Aberdeen than Timbuktu right before X-mas.
They may drive up, play, & go home in one day.
My 2 cents.
And Thanks for the non-conf. tentative schedule!
Addition: We play Summit League (road) games Dec. 5 & 7

NDSUstudent
07-22-2009, 11:29 PM
The schedule is out......

Nov. 3 Minnesota State-Moorhead (Exhibition)
Nov. 9 Jamestown College (Exhibition)
Nov. 13 at Northern Iowa
Nov. 15 at DePaul
Nov. 20 Wyoming
Nov. 24 at Minnesota
Nov. 27 Ball State
Nov. 29 Denver
Dec. 12 at New Mexico State
Dec. 14 at Utah State
Dec. 18 Northern State
Dec. 21 Northern Arizona
Dec. 28 at Creighton

Elephants Dream?
07-23-2009, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the schedule.
We can now start looking at potential Road Trips.

BlueKeyAlum
07-23-2009, 03:50 AM
DePaul finished 5th in the Big East last year, a conference that included both finalists in the national title game (UCONN and Lousiville) and the Blue Demons return most of their lineup. That will be a touch match-up.

roadwarrior
07-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Pretty good home non conference schedule.

RedRiver
07-23-2009, 02:40 PM
North Dakota State will find out rather quickly the scope of its women’s basketball team next year. The Bison play six postseason tournament teams, including three in November.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/247545/

D_One_here_we_come
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Congrats on a good schedule! Unlike the men, it is nice to see so many DI games. I wish none, but I understand one since our location hurts us. Good luck this year!

BlueKeyAlum
08-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Ball State had an impressive run at the end of last season but they lose their top two ball handlers who played solid roles in defeating Tennessee in the NCAAs. I think we can we can match up with them very well.

Minnesota lost Emily Fox, who put a big hurt on us last year. But Birkel has a year's expereince now. Gopher athleticism and rebounding hurt us also last year. Need everyone to rebound against the Gophs to have a chance but this game is definitely winnable.

shinman
08-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Tough games with DePaul, Wyoming, Minn,Ball State, N. Mexico St., maybe Creighton.But that's what'll toughen the team up for the conference games.....but if they lose too many, could hurt RPI.Although, if a Summit team can't win the auotomatic bid, i don't know how much consideration they'd get for an at large bid.
Look at Oakland last yr, had to settle for the NIT.

rabidrabbit
08-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Have to play some top 50 teams and WIN to have a shot at an at-large. Jacks likely would have made the at-large pool if had lost to Oakland in the championship game.

Good looking schedule for the Bison, hope your .700 or better in OOC. IMHO, Bison have a decent shot at ending up #2 in the Summit. Oakland lost two of their stars, and will be using some Frosh this year.

Jacks may start a frosh. Leah Dietel is getting good reviews from those campus watchers.

summitfever
08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Jacks may start a frosh. Leah Dietel is getting good reviews from those campus watchers.

Would have liked to see her in green

MNBISONCLUB
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Don't wish to see players in Green that won't make an impact. I've seen Leih play a lot and she has no stamina, no heart, and doesn't like contact. She was a good player on a high school team, but this is a whole new ballgame. The Jacks also got a verbal for next year from another player I've watched, and in my opion they wasted a scholarship. Every high school team has a "Best" player, and they may look good at tournayment time, but what is the talent level of who is guarding them?

summitfever
08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Thread drift I guess but you could not be more wrong MNBISONCLUB.

BlueKeyAlum
08-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Don't wish to see players in Green that won't make an impact. I've seen Leih play a lot and she has no stamina, no heart, and doesn't like contact. She was a good player on a high school team, but this is a whole new ballgame. The Jacks also got a verbal for next year from another player I've watched, and in my opion they wasted a scholarship. Every high school team has a "Best" player, and they may look good at tournayment time, but what is the talent level of who is guarding them?

Johnson doesn't necessarily look into getting the best player, he looks at getting the best player for his system. And his system is pretty darn impressive.

And he has two 2010 recruits in Hanna Strop and megan Waytashek that are going to keep that system rolling along pretty impressivley.

shinman
08-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Run accross a little bit of news by accident, Katie Birkel attended a camp for pt gaurds,Point gaurd College according to a news article at the tcu athletic web site....of course they incorrectly identified her as attending SDSU,this is really getting old with these East Coast people.Doesn't Maya Moore attend school at Maryland?

BlueKeyAlum
08-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Link to the point guard (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/081209aaa.html) college article.

Sylvia Hatchell sent five Tarheels to school....incredible.

Hope Katie had a great time.

Elephants Dream?
08-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Hope Katie had a great time.[/QUOTE]

Katie had a great time.

shinman
08-20-2009, 04:06 PM
So,the school sends the player, they don't go at thier own expense?

Elephants Dream?
08-21-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm not positive about this, but I believe
Katie paid her own way to point guard school.

shinman
08-21-2009, 06:14 AM
The only reason i brought it up was the comment about the Tarheels coach Sylvia Hatchell sending five players ,I'm happy she went either way