PDA

View Full Version : The Three Headed Monster for 2009

ol' ball coach
06-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Pat (lightning ) Paschall, Matt ( Thunder ) Voitlander, DJ ( The Rain ) McNorton. The only thing for sure with this group is; Pat will be the starter. As for who will be #2 or #3 who really care's. Dj & Voitlander will play a big part in this yrs offense. All three backs will carry the load. As for J. horner Mr. N.D football, he want be touching the ball out of the back field this yr. Him or no other incoming fr-man. What happen to the guy that knows everything about bison football. The 12" monitor crew who watches every game on their computer; and tells who's doing what. Where are you Gabe? What ever happen to DJ being moved to WR? Do you need me to send you the three DVD's of the spring scrimmages so you can see for yourself why, Gabe.Pat ( lightning ) Paschall -Cat quick with the ability to make offenders miss. He also has the power to run through arm tackles. This will be his time to shine.
Matt ( thunder ) Voitlander-Solid Back anyway you look at. This is the back that will get yards anyway they come.
DJ (The Rain ) McNorton- Mr. Do it all. You will see him at WR, RB, Slot,& returning kicks. Dj will be the X-Factor for the Bisons. Whenever he comes in the game he has to be accounted for.

CaBisonFan
06-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Pat (lightning ) Paschall, Matt ( Thunder ) Voitlander, DJ ( The Rain ) McNorton.

Please....take my advice, speaking from experience...step away from the computer for the night. You've been a great member...and a huge Bison fan. I share much of your optimism for the future. I have learned that we 'truly' are a family here. A Bison family of hard-core fans that can argue sometimes...and still in the end, everything is fine. I agree with MNLonghorn10. Cool names for the RB's.

CA

MNLonghorn10
06-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Woah!! Cool nicknames!

Lightning, Thunder and rain, haven't heard that one before, ever!!

ndsubison1
06-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Get me that DJ McNorton jersey! I really think DJ will break out this year along with Voit... it's a matter of time. Our backfield is going to be loaded

CaBisonFan
06-01-2009, 05:23 AM
Get me that DJ McNorton jersey! I really think DJ will break out this year along with Voit... it's a matter of time. Our backfield is going to be loaded

Running back by committee...the only way to go. Three totally different styles. I hope you're right about DJ..........:nod:

Mr. Burgundy
06-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I love those running backs. Love the depth. can't wait to see them all on the field. Plus, the stud from Illinois, he will only add to this depth.

Great post

MHDBisonfan
06-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Pat (lightning ) Paschall, Matt ( Thunder ) Voitlander, DJ ( The Rain ) McNorton. The only thing for sure with this group is; Pat will be the starter. As for who will be #2 or #3 who really care's. Dj & Voitlander will play a big part in this yrs offense. All three backs will carry the load. As for J. horner Mr. N.D football, he want be touching the ball out of the back field this yr. Him or no other incoming fr-man. What happen to the guy that knows everything about bison football. The 12" monitor crew who watches every game on their computer; and tells who's doing what. Where are you Gabe? What ever happen to DJ being moved to WR? Do you need me to send you the three DVD's of the spring scrimmages so you can see for yourself why, Gabe.Pat ( lightning ) Paschall -Cat quick with the ability to make offenders miss. He also has the power to run through arm tackles. This will be his time to shine.
Matt ( thunder ) Voitlander-Solid Back anyway you look at. This is the back that will get yards anyway they come.
DJ (The Rain ) McNorton- Mr. Do it all. You will see him at WR, RB, Slot,& returning kicks. Dj will be the X-Factor for the Bisons. Whenever he comes in the game he has to be accounted for.

Once again...this is a continuation of last novembers aruguement...could we PLEASE wait until DJ actually performs DURING A GAME before we declare him the Walter Payton award winner. As we clearly saw last season, good practice players do not automatically translate to good game players. I'm not trying to rip on DJ, I hope he has a fantastic break out year, I would just like to wait untily he actually does something in a game - not practice, a game - before giving him the accolades. Also, quit calling us the "Bisons" :mad:

ol' ball coach
06-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Once again...this is a continuation of last novembers aruguement...could we PLEASE wait until DJ actually performs DURING A GAME before we declare him the Walter Payton award winner. As we clearly saw last season, good practice players do not automatically translate to good game players. I'm not trying to rip on DJ, I hope he has a fantastic break out year, I would just like to wait untily he actually does something in a game - not practice, a game - before giving him the accolades. Also, quit calling us the "Bisons" :mad:Read the post. This post has nothing to do with last november aruguement. As for the rip on DJ; that's just what it was. I guest the hold team is full of practice players?

TransAmBison
06-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Read the post. This post has nothing to do with last november aruguement. As for the rip on DJ; that's just what it was. I guest the hold team is full of practice players?
DJ has not done anything special yet. In the past you made him out to be the best rb NDSU has ever seen. He would have made the most of his opportunities if he was. He will be ok. I do not expect more than that.

lakesbison
06-01-2009, 06:24 PM
OBC !!! HEY BUDDY! I GOT YOUR BACK!

DJ will be BREAKOUT this season, no doubt.

DJ for NDSU = Harvin for VIKINGS!

MHDBisonfan
06-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Read the post. This post has nothing to do with last november aruguement. As for the rip on DJ; that's just what it was. I guest the hold team is full of practice players?

No it wasn't a rip on DJ. As i said, i hope he has a great season, i'm sure he's working very hard in practice and on his own. I just refuse to proclaim someone a great running back until i actually see him do something worth that claim. Bison fans are funny that way, we actually like to see results BEFORE we claim 'greatness'. I don't get your last question. The whole team is full of practice players? Again, if you are a coach, you know that some kids look great in practice and don't play well in games, just as there are kids who you don't really notice in practice but are just pure gamers. What's the question?

ol' ball coach
06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
DJ has not done anything special yet. In the past you made him out to be the best rb NDSU has ever seen. He would have made the most of his opportunities if he was. He will be ok. I do not expect more than that.You are right, he has not done anything special; but who has on this team? He will be ok.

KilldeerBison
06-01-2009, 08:31 PM
You are right, he has not done anything special; but who has on this team? He will be ok.

I saw him at two spring practices, he looked ready to me. Good luck in the comming season DJ!

MHDBisonfan
06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
You are right, he has not done anything special; but who has on this team? He will be ok.

Agreed! The whole team needs to step it up a notch this year - and if you're right about the three headed monster, that will go a long way in doing that :nod:

AEBison1998
06-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I just love the different running styles from these guys. This is how I see it.

P^2: Speed
Voit: Slasher
DJ: Illusive

Not that they aren't all a mix of all three, but that's how I see it.

In the last scrimage Hushka and Vandal were taking some 3WR one back hand offs. With these two guys you add the fourth and perhaps "ugliest" head. The straight line power. That is a scary monster!

EndZoneQB
06-01-2009, 11:28 PM
To consider DJ one of the best puts him into some pretty elite company in my mind, even during my time. Jake Morris, Lamar Gordon(IMO my favorite back ON the field :)), DeShawn Perkins even(and he shared time with LG), and obviously Tony Satter. And to be honest, I've been disappointed with Paschal. I thought he had all the tools (size, speed, elusiveness) to be a LEGIT RB for multiple years. Hopefully he has a breakout year.

TransAmBison
06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
To consider DJ one of the best puts him into some pretty elite company in my mind, even during my time. Jake Morris, Lamar Gordon(IMO my favorite back ON the field :)), DeShawn Perkins even(and he shared time with LG), and obviously Tony Satter. And to be honest, I've been disappointed with Paschal. I thought he had all the tools (size, speed, elusiveness) to be a LEGIT RB for multiple years. Hopefully he has a breakout year.
I am not really excited about this years' running backs, but I was not too excited for Rohl and he worked out quite well. We'll see how they do.

Mr. Burgundy
06-02-2009, 02:37 AM
I am not really excited about this years' running backs, but I was not too excited for Rohl and he worked out quite well. We'll see how they do.

What has PP not done to not get you excited? Was it rushing for 100 yards against the gophers his first year here? I think in his limited "Roehl" he has always been a solid back that can take it to the house. Bohl has always liked depth, and this year he has more of it.
I just love Voight in the backfield picking up the blitz. Dude is tough.

tcbison
06-02-2009, 03:12 AM
I would like to see Matt Voitlander get more carries myself. He only averaged 8.8 yards a carry last year. Not sure what else he needs to do to get more carries.

ol' ball coach
06-02-2009, 03:57 AM
No it wasn't a rip on DJ. As i said, i hope he has a great season, i'm sure he's working very hard in practice and on his own. I just refuse to proclaim someone a great running back until i actually see him do something worth that claim. Bison fans are funny that way, we actually like to see results BEFORE we claim 'greatness'. I don't get your last question. The whole team is full of practice players? Again, if you are a coach, you know that some kids look great in practice and don't play well in games, just as there are kids who you don't really notice in practice but are just pure gamers. What's the question? Well maybe you can tell me which kids are the pure gamers at NDSU? You show me a kids that don't practice well, and I will show you a kid that is a bench warmer. Man you guys have been dogging this kid in bisonville since he got to NDSU. This is crazy how some of you just make things up,and believe it. Then some fool comes along and jump on your bandwagon. This is post about our RB's, not how great DJ is.

EndZoneQB
06-02-2009, 05:44 AM
What has PP not done to not get you excited? Was it rushing for 100 yards against the gophers his first year here? I think in his limited "Roehl" he has always been a solid back that can take it to the house. Bohl has always liked depth, and this year he has more of it.

Personally, I just never felt his home run capability ever developed. I'm sure he has some decent runs, and has been solid(avg is pretty high so I can't complain), I just figured he'd be an elite back. He never has been the feature back so that may help him out this year too.

TransAmBison
06-02-2009, 12:50 PM
He was a solid #2. I was really excited to see him in the #1 roll when Roehl was sidelined. He really disappointed me there. He missed an opportunity to shine as did DJ. Voigt has been pretty good, but I am just wondering if he is good enough to be the main back. Like I said, I wasn't excited to see Roehl be the starter and that worked out. I just am a little concerned...we will see.

MHDBisonfan
06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Well maybe you can tell me which kids are the pure gamers at NDSU? You show me a kids that don't practice well, and I will show you a kid that is a bench warmer. Man you guys have been dogging this kid in bisonville since he got to NDSU. This is crazy how some of you just make things up,and believe it. Then some fool comes along and jump on your bandwagon. This is post about our RB's, not how great DJ is.

Well, the name Steve Walker comes to mind. Coach Bohl said numerous times he didn't look all that great in practices. I find it hard to to believe that if you are a coach, you've never seen kids step up in games who you didn't expect to because they never showed you much in practice. Some kids are gamers, they rise to a new level on game days. Some kids are just the opposite, look great in practice but when the lights turn on and people pay to see them play, they tighten up. I've had that happen countless times over the years to my teams, as has every other coach I've ever talked with - except you apparently.

bisonhusker
06-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I am with the Old Ball Coach. DJ has a ton of talent, and will get the opportunity to be special this year. He needs to show it in the games, like he has in practice. Time to be positive.