PDA

View Full Version : Matchups Thread

CaBisonFan
05-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Anyone care to get into a discussion about each matchup? I'm the wrong person to do it. Not analytical enough. But I'd be interested in seeing some analysis of how we match up with each team. Their strengths...weaknesses...etc, etc, etc. Not a prediction thread. More detailed.

Maybe the concept of my thread isn't good...but if it were to catch on, it could be interesting. If not...no biggie. But I'd love to see different people's analysis of the actual on-the-field matchups as they approach. For instance, how will we match up with UNI when they come to town, person by person? I'd prefer that it 'not' become a score prediction exercise.

A1pigskin
05-29-2009, 05:33 PM
This would be interesting. I don't think we have a final starting roster yet.

BisoninNWMN
05-31-2009, 03:21 AM
I think our defense has the potential to be very good.

If your QB situation improves the sky is the limit with this team.

X-Factor
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM
I think our defense has the potential to be very good.

If your QB situation improves the sky is the limit with this team.

It also might not hurt to have someone in space that said QB can rely on to actually catch the football when it hits him between the numbers.

IzzyFlexion
05-31-2009, 05:02 PM
It also might not hurt to have someone in space that said QB can rely on to actually catch the football when it hits him between the numbers.

Amen, brother. I believe Sidney Haynes is gonna make quite the splash in the MVC this year. Some of the cocky little DBs in this league aren't going to know what hit them. (or ran past them....ball in hands)

CaBisonFan
05-31-2009, 05:45 PM

Oh...do you mean that when the ball is thrown right at a receiver, they're supposed to catch it?! ;)

CaBisonFan
05-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Amen, brother. I believe Sidney Haynes is gonna make quite the splash in the MVC this year. Some of the cocky little DBs in this league aren't going to know what hit them. (or ran past them....ball in hands)

Got any video links on Sidney?

IzzyFlexion
05-31-2009, 10:05 PM

At the 36 second mark the only football highlight of Sidney is shown. The bulk of the video may be even more impressive as it covers a lot of dialogue featuring him and his best friend as high school juniors focusing on intangibles such as hard work, and the importance of being good teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2STHXno_-k

IzzyFlexion
05-31-2009, 10:15 PM

Here's another one from Rivals. Pretty poor quality. The first highlight is pretty damn good. His after catch run makes it look as though he's pulling away from 8th graders!:D

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Sidney-Haynes-Suwanee--10418