PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Game 2 vs. Az State

90 BISON
05-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Our backs to the wall we need two wins today to qualify for the WCWS. Come on ladies you can do it! :nod:

Oh and by the way the Summit League has more teams in the Super-Regionals than the Big-East how cool is that. Go BISON!

Herd
05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Need to generate some offense today . . . wipe the smile off Bach's face. U can do it Ladies!!!!

90 BISON
05-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Need to generate some offense today . . . wipe the smile off Bach's face. U can do it Ladies!!!!

Agreed, our defense played well yesterday, and our pitching was excellent for most of the game as well. We just need to figure Bach out and we could find ourselves back in OK. Good Luck Ladies!

TheDoctor
05-23-2009, 08:34 PM
The televison is going to be delayed due to this baseball game I think. :(

Herd
05-23-2009, 08:37 PM
UCONN vs. SFlorida, now that's a big imporatant game, don't you think!

NWNDBison
05-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Let's hope USF doesn't get a miracle in the bottom of the 9th. Dispatch them quickly, UCONN, then let's cut quickly to softball.

Announcers announced no score so far between ASU and NDSU.

IzzyFlexion
05-23-2009, 08:45 PM
SO....is it accurate that the only viewing option is ESPNU?

cvbison1
05-23-2009, 08:54 PM
3-0 az state. runners on the corners still. 2 out

90 BISON
05-23-2009, 08:58 PM
SO....is it accurate that the only viewing option is ESPNU?

Nope the game is on ESPN right now.

We are already down 3-0 in bottom of the first.

IzzyFlexion
05-23-2009, 08:59 PM
The broadcast is on ESPN (the main ESPN).

90 BISON
05-23-2009, 09:04 PM
The broadcast is on ESPN (the main ESPN).

Yes ESPN! The ESPN!

TbonZach
05-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Ouch.... this hurts.

10-0 ASU, bottom of the 2nd.

Even if we believed in moral victories I don't think we could salvage one at this point.

tjbison
05-23-2009, 09:46 PM
ouch 11-0 and on ESPN not good but oh well good job Ladies

cvbison1
05-23-2009, 09:55 PM
asu's pitcher has seemed kind of cocky and arragant

HoopsBison
05-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Tough way to go out, but these ladies have climbed a mountain and good things are in store for the program.

Thank you to the seniors!

Good Luck Next year

tjbison
05-23-2009, 10:19 PM
11-0 the Final:(

Congrats Ladies bet none of them thought when they signed up at NDSU they would be playing the Defending National Champs on ESPN in the Super regionals!!!!

Thanks seniors

DjKyRo
05-23-2009, 10:26 PM
What is it with us always getting stuck against defending national champions? Anyways, fantastic effort ladies, you really made a great showing at the tournament and made a lot of people proud to be a Bison!

IzzyFlexion
05-23-2009, 10:36 PM
The gals ran into quite a buzz saw today but got some priceless exposure for the school during their tournament run.
Very good showing by the Bison Softball program!

NWNDBison
05-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Let's face it: this is what was expected when we played Oklahoma.

The Bison women did a great job, exceeding all expectations. Congrats, girls! You have set the pace. Things will only improve from here.

What hurt the most is when some ESPN commentator said to ASU, "Well, at least you didn't get beat by some wayside conference." Our goal ought to be: this same 20's something reporter in ten years might be saying, "Well, of course ASU lost to a Summit League team, but in the last 10 years, the Summit League has become one of the premiere conferences."

I have to find out out who that young, wet-behind-the-ears commentator was.

I want to stuff it down his throat.

About Hillary Bach: Yeah, she can be perceived as cocky, but you know what, she is always happy. It's her personality. Congrats to her and her great talent.
She has confidence, but to her, winning isn't everythng. Isn't that what we would wish for our best players?

coldspot
05-23-2009, 10:51 PM

not to mention she has a monster beak for a nose.

sambini
05-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Very proud of our women great year++++

NWNDBison
05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
OK, but it's a cute beak of a nose, which is totally superceded by her winsome smile, anyway.

Hats off to Hillary Bach. I will be cheering for her in the WSCS.

NWNDBison
05-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Lowell Golindo. That's his name. I will remember. To ASU: "Well, at least you didn't get beat by some upstart, wayside conference."

Poor guy. so young. Maybe 23. Thinks he's so cool. My question: why bother to wash and condition your hair when you add a full environmentally-unsafe can of hairspray, anyway?

ESPN's Lowell Golindo to Arizona State University's softball team (referencing the NDSU Bison): "Well, at least you didn't get beat by some upstart, wayside conference."

NWNDBison
05-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Lowell Golindo: What's going on here: The guy looks like a wimp (OK, maybe I do, too), BUT...I do not take my compact out and primp myself on national TV.

What's with this guy? Any comments?

TheDoctor
05-24-2009, 12:34 AM

You'd think someone was wispering jokes in her ear the whole game both days, as she laughed and laughed the whole game both days. The funny part to me was she was the only one half that happy in the outfield for ASU! ;)

BisBison
05-24-2009, 02:08 AM

Maybe so, but I thought she was just enjoying herself. In any event what a pitcher!! She had us totally off balance for twelve innings. I'll be cheering for ASU from here out. What a conference the PAC 10 is huh? ASU below .500 in conference play? That's some good softball being played in that conference.

Tatanka
05-24-2009, 02:36 AM
Congrats ladies on the great season!

VanClubPres
05-25-2009, 05:11 AM
late as usual, but so well done ladies.

GO BISOn.

ndsubison1
05-25-2009, 07:47 AM
her smiling really annoyed me, it makes her seem like she doesnt take the game serious at all...

NDSUFan_Sav
05-25-2009, 08:12 AM
her smiling really annoyed me, it makes her seem like she doesnt take the game serious at all...

imo you are suppose to take the game serious but make sure you're having fun while playing it....aren't you suppose to enjoy the game???? why do you play sports, because you enjoy them and have fun playing them....am i right?

ndsubison1
05-25-2009, 06:14 PM
imo you are suppose to take the game serious but make sure you're having fun while playing it....aren't you suppose to enjoy the game???? why do you play sports, because you enjoy them and have fun playing them....am i right?

well if i was playing with a trip to the WCWS on the line I would not be smiling every second like it was no big deal, i would have that grin on my face like "LETS DO THIS" haha...

NDSUFan_Sav
05-25-2009, 07:35 PM
well if i was playing with a trip to the WCWS on the line I would not be smiling every second like it was no big deal, i would have that grin on my face like "LETS DO THIS" haha...

haha yeah i know....it was odd but whatever she has to do to get it done i guess..she pitched very well shocked I didn't see a birds nest on that nose though.

99Bison
05-26-2009, 05:36 AM

It's not just her, women's sports are evolving and like it or not, the new methodology is to have fun and be supportive at game time in order to get the best out of the athletes. Take a gander next few women's events your at... It's interesting.