PDA

View Full Version : McFeely Moving to KFGO

BisManBison
05-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Mike McFeely taking over the 2 to 5 slot on KFGO:hide:

http://www.kfgo.com/news_Detail.php?ID=8383

roadwarrior
05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
This is kind of old news in these parts.....

SirHinn
05-21-2009, 06:38 PM
This is kind of old news in these parts.....

What do you mean, they only announced it like 2 weeks ago :D.

lakesbison
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
i got him ran out at the forum. now its time to do it at kfgo too i guess.

bisonmike2
05-21-2009, 08:13 PM

Lakes Employment Services.

Do you have an unwanted employee but are afraid or unsure of how to act? Is there someone in your office that is annoying and affects team chemistry? Do you have a personal score to settle with a co-worker but are worried about potential backlash. Don't worry, call Lakes Employment Services. For LES, no employee is safe. If you don't like them and you want them gone, LES is on the job. Once you've employed the services of LES, they will stop at nothing until the problem takes care of itself.

BisManBison
05-22-2009, 07:36 PM
What do you mean, they only announced it like 2 weeks ago :D.

The stage coach was a little late in getting the news out west. Must have been slowed by the flooding. I also see there was at least one other thread started on this. My apologies for, mods, feel free to delete this thread.

mebisonII
05-22-2009, 08:03 PM

:rolleyes: Lakes. Master and Commander.

NDSU_grad
05-22-2009, 08:17 PM

It's amazing what a guy can get accomplished from his parent's basement.

lakesbison
05-22-2009, 08:53 PM
my house on the lake is my parents? they owe me $58,000 in mortgage payments for last 5 years then!

bisonbuddy
05-22-2009, 08:57 PM
That's a lot for a double-wide.

NorthernBison
05-22-2009, 09:14 PM
That's a lot for a double-wide.

You assume too much. Less than $1,000 a month is pretty low payments for lake property. Bare lots probably cost enough to get you into payments like that. Lakes must have gotten a great deal or put down a crapload of money on the purchase. Good for him.

Grizzled
05-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Well with as much pull as lakes has around the area it won't be long until they name a lake or maybe even two after him. I can't believe you just took credit for running him out of the forum.

IzzyFlexion
05-23-2009, 07:06 PM
You assume too much. Less than $1,000 a month is pretty low payments for lake property. Bare lots probably cost enough to get you into payments like that. Lakes must have gotten a great deal or put down a crapload of money on the purchase. Good for him.

I think that a more accurate assumption may be that he didn't take the time to do some simple math. Essentially, it would have taken him very little time and would have gone a long way toward supporting his post/claim with any semblence of credibility.

sambini
05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
McFeely starts this week right?

SirHinn
05-24-2009, 12:09 AM
McFeely starts this week right?

Yeah, his show debuts on Tuesday.

sambini
05-24-2009, 01:48 AM
I'll listen ++

Bisonguy
05-28-2009, 09:07 PM
McFeely had mentioned a fear/concern about the changing of the newspaper industry over the past couple years when he's been on the radio. I'm guessing this may have been more of a move to look out for his future.

Shawn-O
05-29-2009, 05:07 PM
McFeely had mentioned a fear/concern about the changing of the newspaper industry over the past couple years when he's been on the radio. I'm guessing this may have been more of a move to look out for his future.

Perhaps the concern that the medium has lost relevance and they are all going bankrupt?

Bisonguy
05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
That and most papers cutting a lot of their writers and staff.

Shawn-O
05-29-2009, 08:02 PM
That and most papers cutting a lot of their writers and staff.

Kudos to him for recognizing a potential bad situation and making the better of it. Barierro has done very well down here following a similar path.

UTH
05-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Mike McFeely taking over the 2 to 5 slot on KFGO:hide:

http://www.kfgo.com/news_Detail.php?ID=8383

Heard his name flying all over the airwaves on KFYR this afternoon. If that means what it sounds like it means, it might start to suck. I've barely ever even heard this feller's name mentioned anywhere else, aside from Bisonville. Now, it appears that he's here. I hope this doesn't mean that the suckitude level will rise too far.

Here's another relevant story... /www.inforum.com/story09393475.html (http://www.kaneva.com/asset/assetDetails.aspx?assetId=4156893&communityId=0)

NDSUstudent
05-30-2009, 07:04 AM

You've done a great job lakes. When you started McFeely was nothing but a sports columnist that hosted a weekly golf radio show.

Once you put the pressure on he was promoted to news columnist and given his own local radio show five days a week.

Now he is the host of a statewide radio program. He probably got a raise and now has even more time to hit the links and lakes.

What is next lakes? ESPN? MSNBC? CNN?

sambini
05-30-2009, 07:34 AM
FOX or FSN?

rutlandbison
05-31-2009, 10:31 PM
FOX or FSN?
Governor? Mayor? NDSU President???

THEsocalledfan
06-03-2009, 05:50 PM

It was clear his role had changed as he was doing very little sports. Congrats to him and I hope it works out. It is a shame, however, that Fargo is losing its one, great columnist. Reminds me of when Danny B. bailed on the Strib. I know they know each other and wonder if that had an influence on him....

The Lost Dutchman
06-04-2009, 07:41 PM
It was clear his role had changed as he was doing very little sports. Congrats to him and I hope it works out. It is a shame, however, that Fargo is losing its one, great columnist. Reminds me of when Danny B. bailed on the Strib. I know they know each other and wonder if that had an influence on him....

Fargo is not losing a great columnist, you can still read his work on kfgo.com.

lcbison
06-04-2009, 08:42 PM
The best part of McFeely's show, is the weather center updates from Terry Spies. For some reason, he is much better in print than on the radio.

mebisonII
06-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Since this is in the wrong section, everytime I see it I think "why is someone suggesting McFeely to move to KFGO?"