PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly or Cal Davis? Which was the bigger comeback?

CaBisonFan
05-21-2009, 05:34 AM
I know that this is kind of a stupid question...but I'm just curious.

I'd also like to know who was at the Cal Poly game a couple of years back. I was down front going nuts, leading cheers, and making a complete fool of myself. (shock) I'd vote for that game, probably because I was there. What was it...down by 3 scores with 5 or 6 minutes left...their QB was running like a water bug...and Steve made 3 impossible long completions for touchdowns. Amazingly, Cal Poly went totally conservative and forgot about their NFL receiver when they needed a first down. Really strange.

Was it Schultenover...Heck...& who else?

Who was at the Cal Davis game? What was it like?

Nothing wrong with some good memories right now folks. We're going to have more of these. Promise. We're in the preseason lull. I'd really like to hear your stories, where you were, stories about being at the game(s), tailgating, etc.

Here's mine:

After losing my voice and several thousand brain cells at the end of the Cal Poly game...a Poly fan came by and tried to shove me to the ground. He was royally pissed. Then my wife and I went to our car and some friendly Bison fans invited us to eat a late supper by their RV. People from AZ, Oregon?, & ND. They were a reminder of how friendly ND people can be. One of the best days of my life. And it was really great to meet many bisonville people at the pregame reception. People can make fun of ND, MN, SD...etc...but Californians have no idea what it's about up north. It was damned refreshing to be in a crowd of close-knit people.

Please share...and voice opinions. Two historic games.

TransAmBison
05-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Tough call. I may change my mind numerous times during the day, but right now I'd say the Cal Davis game because it was part of a conference championship season. Without that win there would be no ring for the players. If not for that fact I think I would be swayed to the Poly game.

NDSU_grad
05-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I said it in the other thread too. Davis, without a doubt. Cal-Poly the team made some bonehead mistakes, and I never thought we were out of it because of what Walker had shown he could do. At Davis they were absolutely killing us and I thought it was going to continue all day. We knew Walker was good but we had never really seen him do what he did that day.

HandoEX
05-21-2009, 03:34 PM
For me, it was the Cal Poly game hands down. I'll never forget that game as long as I live. The furious comeback that really seemed impossible to me. I thought we had a chance the entire Cal Davis game, but the win against Cal Poly really seemed impossible. The call on the Heck TD at the end of the game gives me chills. Bet I've watched that clip 100 times. My oh my!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

99Bison
05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Poly seemed most unlikely given remaining time and various struggles going on. Very hopeless looking from the outside probably... Except that we were used to it by then.

At Davis you didn't know what team showed up in the first half, felt that the team hadn't gotten off the bus yet, but had some confidence that the offense could do ok given enough time. However, this was the largest deficite we ever recovered from and there were several 4th downs as well as one of the first Walker miracles.

jrh
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Davis game;
Frick and Dahl were undoubtly the best Bison players at the time!
When on defense I found myself watching just those two players.
The first half Frick was comming within inches of the Davis QB time and time again. I knew their O line couldn't keep Frick out of there all day.
The second half was a different game, and Frick had a tremendous impact
for the rest of the game.

A1pigskin
05-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Davis. However, I thought we were out both times. Walker proved me wrong several times. I say Walker to the Vikings.

sambini
05-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I know that this is kind of a stupid question...but I'm just curious.

I'd also like to know who was at the Cal Poly game a couple of years back. I was down front going nuts, leading cheers, and making a complete fool of myself. (shock) I'd vote for that game, probably because I was there. What was it...down by 3 scores with 5 or 6 minutes left...their QB was running like a water bug...and Steve made 3 impossible long completions for touchdowns. Amazingly, Cal Poly went totally conservative and forgot about their NFL receiver when they needed a first down. Really strange.

Was it Schultenover...Heck...& who else?

Who was at the Cal Davis game? What was it like?

Nothing wrong with some good memories right now folks. We're going to have more of these. Promise. We're in the preseason lull. I'd really like to hear your stories, where you were, stories about being at the game(s), tailgating, etc.

Here's mine:

After losing my voice and several thousand brain cells at the end of the Cal Poly game...a Poly fan came by and tried to shove me to the ground. He was royally pissed. Then my wife and I went to our car and some friendly Bison fans invited us to eat a late supper by their RV. People from AZ, Oregon?, & ND. They were a reminder of how friendly ND people can be. One of the best days of my life. And it was really great to meet many bisonville people at the pregame reception. People can make fun of ND, MN, SD...etc...but Californians have no idea what it's about up north. It was damned refreshing to be in a crowd of close-knit people.

Please share...and voice opinions. Two historic games.
CA I would say the Cal Poly game. I was also there and you were going nuts. The Cal Poly fans were in shock. Its not over till Steve Walker says its over.