PDA

View Full Version : Associated Press story on North Dakota State

tcbison
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
From sandbags to softball, North Dakota State an unlikely survivor in NCAA playoffs

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/wire/sns-ap-sof-north-dakota-state,0,2027511.story

fargocyclone
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Great article! I liked the part about not making a single error in the regional. I didn't know that they practiced on a gym floor.... we gotta fix that!

bisonpride
05-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Great article! I liked the part about not making a single error in the regional. I didn't know that they practiced on a gym floor.... we gotta fix that!

Where else are they going to practice? Softball and Baseball have been doing that for years.

Blue
05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
It's the way a lot of low major college teams up north do baseball...in a gym.
SDSU does it in the old intramurals building, that said I'm kind of surprised they don't let them do live hitting in the Fargodome or fielding off the turf.

Bison"FANatic"
05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
That turf isn't down that many days in the spring as the Fargodome is booked up with other shows and conventions that don't use turf.

roadwarrior
05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
...that said I'm kind of surprised they don't let them do live hitting in the Fargodome or fielding off the turf.

Since the Fargodome is owned by the city, it comes down to paying rent. The new football/soccer field will help. At least there will be a dry outdoor surface to practice on.

roper1313
05-21-2009, 04:34 PM
When I was at Creighton in the early 90's they're baseball and softball team practiced in the intramural gym all the time.

A1pigskin
05-22-2009, 01:23 AM
NDSU sure has gotten a lot of national press this year. It's so awesome.... Go Bison!!!!!!!!!!!!!