PDA

View Full Version : So is NDSU now officially a softball school ;)

Bison bison
05-17-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm ecstatic and as proud as ever to be a Bison.

DIGRAPPLER
05-17-2009, 11:23 PM
From GoBison.com:

"North Dakota State is expected to arrive at Old Hector Field in Fargo tonight between 9:30-10 p.m."

I hope Team Makers do a welcoming comittee like they have for the other teams even though it is so late. Sweet 16 baby!

roadwarrior
05-18-2009, 02:46 AM
A large sign at the OU softball field: "Home of the 2000 NCAA Champions". It's kind of ironic that is the same year that NDSU won the DII title.

A1pigskin
05-22-2009, 01:25 AM
This Division I thing is really exciting.

CaBisonFan
05-22-2009, 03:22 AM
This Division I thing is really exciting.

Couldn't agree more. I was excited when it was announced, but had my doubts about the teams getting this far. And it's happening so quickly.

It's about time that North Dakota State gets some time on ESPN and other national media outlets. We've had the programs for decades. Many of our teams were capable of this. Some of Amy Ruley's teams could have gone far. Some of our wrestling teams. Several football teams could have beaten big-name programs. Among others.

I think it was the 1986 team that the infamous 'Jimmy the Greek' said was the 10th best football team in the country...at any level. Could be wrong on the year. Now...I have absolutely no doubt that several of those teams would have done just fine in the big leagues. Add a little depth, and they would have been one of the good programs in the country. Add the DI exposure, and they would have drawn a few more blue-chip athletes, and who knows how far they could have gone.

Getting back to softball...this is really the biggest achievement up to this point. They're in the top 16 in true DI.