PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs OKC or Tulsa

imabison
05-16-2009, 11:50 PM
It will definitely be Oklahoma or Tulsa.

Oklahoma just demolished Arkansas 21 - 2

I says either or, bring them on!!

Lets Go Bison!!

Mr_Meanor
05-17-2009, 01:02 AM
I would personally like to see Tulsa. I think they would have a much tougher time beating NDSU twice.

coldspot
05-17-2009, 01:46 AM
I would personally like to see Tulsa. I think they would have a much tougher time beating NDSU twice.

agreed. id much rather face tulsa than a top 10 team.

IronRanger
05-17-2009, 02:06 AM
agreed. id much rather face tulsa than a top 10 team.

Well you will get your wish of facing Talsa. There were in the bot of the 7th 2 on, with 2 outs and Tulsa hit a homerun to win it 5-3. Ok has been eliminated, but I tulsa is still going to be a good game. GO BISON!!!

Mr_Meanor
05-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Tulas will be tough but I like the chances of winning one of two tomorrow. I like this match up for the Herd.

huckleberry
05-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Well, hope the ladies can get some runs early and take the pressure off.

super regionals would be crazy tough, but who would of thought they'd even have a chance!

congrats.

Mr_Meanor
05-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Well, hope the ladies can get some runs early and take the pressure off.

super regionals would be crazy tough, but who would of thought they'd even have a chance!

congrats.

Super Regionals would be a huge accomplishment. I never thought they had a chance at getting there. Here's to hoping the girls play well...win or lose.

onbison09
05-17-2009, 03:20 AM
So we just have to win one right?

NDSUFan_Sav
05-17-2009, 03:34 AM

correct.....double elimination

BlueBisonRock
05-17-2009, 05:55 AM

Lets make it the first one!

fargocyclone
05-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Lets make it the first one!

Agreed!! :)

North Side
05-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Any clue when the game will be played, and will it be streamed online again?

NWNDBison
05-17-2009, 12:09 PM

The game is at 1:00 pm. The Live Stats link is active, but the Live Video link is not active at this time. You'd think they'd want to broadcast the championship game, but on the other hand, host OU isn't in it, so there's less incentive there.

Here's the link to the Regional Tournmament page which will tell you:

http://www.soonersports.com/ncaa/2009_softball_regional.html

It's interesting. Yesterday the main sports page at soonersports.com had prominent, colorful links to both the Norman Regional and the NCAA Championship page side-by-side. Today the national tournament link is gone. Didn't take them long to program that baby outta there.

If you scroll down the Regional page to the bottom, though, there is a nice chart showing all of the regionals, the win-loss record of each and who is qualifying for the super regionals. Looks like the NDSU-Tulsa winner will play either LSU (2-0) or #10 seed Arizona State (2-1).

In their first game against each other, #23 LSU belted #10 tournament seed (and defending national champion) ASU 10-2. Their first game is at 2:30. Tempe, AZ, is in the mountain time zone. It's supposed to be broadcast on ESPNU, but maybe not this far away. My ESPNU schedule shows NCAA regional softball at 4:30, with teams to be announced. A 2:30 game mtn time would be 3:30 our time. They probably rotate around like basketball. It would be fun to watch the end of that game if NDSU can take care of Tulsa early.

NWNDBison
05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Here's a great article from the Norman (OK) Transcript bemoaning OU's departure from the tournament and praising NDSU's accomplishment. Nothin' but respect for the Bison.

Bison Sitting Pretty

http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_137022012.html

No one expected much from North Dakota State this weekend.

They weren’t supposed to upset host Oklahoma in the first game.
Then, they weren’t supposed to upset third-seed Tulsa in the second.

But they did.

Now NDSU is one victory away from the super-regional round and three wins away from the Women’s College World Series.

NWNDBison
05-17-2009, 12:59 PM
This ESPNU page shows all of the scores so far in the NCAA softball regionals.
They confirm they are broadcasting the Tempe regional. They show today's first game between LSU and ASU at 5:30. That would be 4:30 our time and 3:30 MTN. I would guess this is the correct time. TV always gets their way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4156925#Tempe

A1pigskin
05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
How about that Bison Softball team!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Bison.

Bisonguy
05-17-2009, 03:05 PM

The game will be streamed again. Here's the link to the CBS/NCAA video site -http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa

It's listed on the second page of live events(11-20). This is the site that the soonersports site linked to for all the video for games.

Elephants Dream?
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Channel 6 had a little footage last night at 10PM.
Great to see a few seconds of the games, and get
some publicity for the team.
Good Luck to the ladies today.

onbison09
05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Is there room on the bandwagon for me?