PDA

View Full Version : Esley Thorton to NDSU?

4mcruenomore
05-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Just wanted to make another QB possibility thread, we might as well think about recruiting........There's always next year? I've seen his name on a few different message boards, I don't see anything wrong with trying to get him to SU.

MinotBison
05-16-2009, 04:43 AM
If the Bison aren't already after him, something's wrong.

4mcruenomore
05-16-2009, 04:58 AM
If the Bison aren't already after him, something's wrong.

The kid is awesome, but with current QB recruiting, wouldn't surprise me.

SirHinn
05-16-2009, 05:11 AM
This thread is exactly the same as Mr. Christensen coming to NDSU. We can always dream right?

4mcruenomore
05-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Yes, but this kid is only going to be a Senior in HS next year. So you are saying there's still a chance?

ndsubison1
05-16-2009, 05:14 AM
This thread is exactly the same as Mr. Christensen coming to NDSU. We can always dream right?

Well, this is actually logical... he will be a senior next year at Bismarck High. We should be looking at him and I'm sure we are. I say offer him, he's a freak athlete. He's been starting QB there since he was a sophomore and that's very unsusual at BHS and with Mark Gibson as their coach. He has a pretty good arm, decent speed and makes great decisions. Was the best QB in the state as a junior this past season...

4mcruenomore
05-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Well, this is actually logical... he will be a senior next year at Bismarck High. We should be looking at him and I'm sure we are. I say offer him, he's a freak athlete. He's been starting QB there since he was a sophomore and that's very unsusual at BHS and with Mark Gibson coaching. He has a pretty good arm, decent speed and makes great decisions. Was the best QB in the state as a junior this past season...

Awesome. But bring in all the Minnesota Bison fans stating how ND athletes aren't very good.....where's the Eden Prairie would demolish BHS etc.....
Well, I feel this kid is for real, and could start right away and I hope we get him.

sambini
05-16-2009, 02:18 PM
This young man has to be the top recruit in the state. +++++++++

NDSUFan_Sav
05-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Well, this is actually logical... he will be a senior next year at Bismarck High. We should be looking at him and I'm sure we are. I say offer him, he's a freak athlete. He's been starting QB there since he was a sophomore and that's very unsusual at BHS and with Mark Gibson as their coach. He has a pretty good arm, decent speed and makes great decisions. Was the best QB in the state as a junior this past season...

would he continue to be a QB in college or would he be moved to a different position?

tony
05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
would he continue to be a QB in college or would he be moved to a different position?

No, he will not be recruited for any position but QB.

westnodak93bison
05-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I watched him play BB a couple games and he is a good athlete. Very quick off his feet and few will out jump him for a rebound. Good defender as well.
Definitely a competitor. If I have time I'll go to a few FB games this fall.

A1pigskin
05-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Didn't our last kid from Bismarck bail on us to go play baseball?

tjbison
05-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Didn't our last kid from Bismarck bail on us to go play baseball?

Zach Wentz the guy your thinking of and correct he is playing Baseball, I wouldn't exactly call it bailing on us though:D

A1pigskin
05-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Zach Wentz the guy your thinking of and correct he is playing Baseball, I wouldn't exactly call it bailing on us though:D

Yah, poor word choice.