PDA

View Full Version : 37 Bison Named to Missouri Valley Football Conference's Academic Honor Roll

CaBisonFan
05-15-2009, 05:20 PM
And that...is the rest of the story this spring. 3.0 or above...not bad at all.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=3738691

ScooterMN
05-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Nice list. We can be proud. how we match up with the other schools in the conference.

And I'm giving some props to Garrett Johnson for being on this list. While making a monumental mistake with the DWI, at least he's taking care of the academic side. One of 37 players on a team of close to 100 is saying something.

When are we going to hear what the final disposition is for the three suspendees?

bisonmike2
05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Our season in a nutshell. 1/2 the team was partying and getting drunk so much that they didn't care about football. The other half was studying their academic books much more than their play books. We need to get these guys on the level and we'll be fine.

Scooter1
05-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Our season in a nutshell. 1/2 the team was partying and getting drunk so much that they didn't care about football. The other half was studying their academic books much more than their play books. We need to get these guys on the level and we'll be fine.

My nomination for the most idiotic post....ever.

The fact that it comes in a thread honoring academic excellence is ironic.

You CAN NOT have too many academic all conference performers...ever.

aces1180
05-15-2009, 09:22 PM
My nomination for the most idiotic post....ever.

The fact that it comes in a thread honoring academic excellence is ironic.

You CAN NOT have too many academic all conference performers...ever.

Wow, you really missed the sarcastic tone of BisonMike's post.

He was kidding.

IzzyFlexion
05-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Even I picked up on the sarcasm.......and I am arguably the worst person in the history of the internet at that skill.

CaBisonFan
05-16-2009, 01:24 AM

Tread lightly mike. ;)

Jdubs21
05-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Go Bison!!!!!!!!!

bisonmike2
05-16-2009, 01:43 AM

He was kidding.

Thank you for coming to my rescue. Sometimes I think the internet needs a sarcasm tag.

CaBisonFan
05-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Thank you for coming to my rescue. Sometimes I think the internet needs a sarcasm tag.

The danger of the written word on blogs. Blow it off. Been there many times. Last fall I wrote an article about how disappointed I was in the seniors. It was a total spoof...or sarcastic thing. One guy came down on me with the word of God. I was going to hell. lol

You're a good writer here, and a strong contributor. I agree. A sarcasm tag would be valuable.

A1pigskin
05-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Study! Study!

Scooter1
05-17-2009, 03:39 PM

He was kidding.

No, I didn't. I don't think he was as sarcastic as he wants you to believe.

Seriously, Sorry Mike, the lesson learned here is don't post on here when you are pissed at your kids.

TransAmBison
05-17-2009, 06:55 PM

Seriously, Sorry Mike, the lesson learned here is don't post on here when you are pissed at your kids.
You pissed on your kids? :D

aces1180
05-17-2009, 07:41 PM

That's a bunch of crap...If you even pay attention to Mike's posts, he is goofing around 95% of the time...And there is nothing wrong with that...If people are serious all of the time, this board would be lame.

TransAmBison
05-17-2009, 07:45 PM
That's a bunch of crap...If you even pay attention to Mike's posts, he is goofing around 95% of the time...And there is nothing wrong with that...If people are serious all of the time, this board would be lame.
You are saying Mike's posts are a bunch of crap? I agree.:D*

*Keep'em comin' Mike.

aces1180
05-17-2009, 07:47 PM
You are saying Mike's posts are a bunch of crap? I agree.:D*

*Keep'em comin' Mike.

yeah, his posts really smell.

CaBisonFan
05-18-2009, 04:26 AM

So he is 'off' 95 percent of the time when he's joking around. What about the other 5 percent? :D

Sorry Mike...you're just fine with me. Of course...I like my dog too.

Tatanka
05-18-2009, 07:56 PM
I like my dog.

:eek:

Nah, too easy.

bisonmike2
05-20-2009, 04:17 AM

Huh? Boy, I'm off a couple of days and everyone gets wacky. Yes, it was sarcasm. I'm sorry you missed it. I'm pissed at my kids? Wuh? I have one kid, he's 4 and I'm not really worried about whether he's studying for school yet or not. My comment was a semi-humorous attempt to make fun of the two very different sides of Bison football that have emerged the past month or so. One side, 37 Bison being recognized for their academic excellence. On the other, guys are getting kick off and arrested. I was merely pointing out that there appears to be no middle ground. Personally I wish we had 87 guys show up on the academic all-conf team.

Scooter1
05-21-2009, 04:36 AM
Huh? Boy, I'm off a couple of days and everyone gets wacky. Yes, it was sarcasm. I'm sorry you missed it. I'm pissed at my kids? Wuh? I have one kid, he's 4 and I'm not really worried about whether he's studying for school yet or not. My comment was a semi-humorous attempt to make fun of the two very different sides of Bison football that have emerged the past month or so. One side, 37 Bison being recognized for their academic excellence. On the other, guys are getting kick off and arrested. I was merely pointing out that there appears to be no middle ground. Personally I wish we had 87 guys show up on the academic all-conf team.

I guess I should have been more specific. I was intending the lesson learned to be more general rule and not intended for you, specifically. I was mad at my kids..thats why there was a lesson learned. When your kid gets to be 22 you may understand.

(To be clear, there is NO sarcasm in this next section)

What is the point of bringing up athletes that aren't being honored at all? This thread was designed to elevate excellence. 37 Student athletes kicked some serious ass in the classroom and deserve our congrats. It bothers me that some feel the need to continually bring the same old "last season sucked" into every single thread on this site under the guise of sarcasm. Last season didn't turn out how we planned..we get it. There are 37,000 other threads that pick out every single flaw in microscopic detail; we don't need another. There is a time and place for sarcasm. A thread designed to point out excellence is not one of them. Congratulate them and be on your way. Using it as a forum to let the world know, yet again, how pissed of you are at the outcome of last season has the effect of minimizing the accomplishments of the 37 athletes that this thread praises. I'll say it again because I think this is important. It has the effect of minimizing the accomplishments of the people who are being recognized because it takes focus away from the intent of the thread. There is an old saying... "In every piece of sarcasm there is a glimps of the true feelings of the humorist. This is why they think their sarcasm is funny." Since I have found this saying to be the rule more than the exception, I wonder how much of the posting some do on this site is truly sarcasm or just an easy way to take shots under the cover of sarcastic license. It is easy to continually post sarcasm because one can throw purposeful jabs and convieniently throw out the sarcasm card when called on it. What is needed is a clutch for sarcasm. Please find that clutch.

CaBisonFan
05-21-2009, 05:46 AM

We know that you like to joke around mike. No biggie. Took me a while to figure out that you were usually into a sarcastic mode...but once I did...I've enjoyed what you write.