PDA

View Full Version : NDSU 2010 non-conference schedule?

GoJacks
05-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Haven't seen anything over here regarding your non-conference schedule for next year. Any idea yet?

Thanks

tjbison
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM
well not the Gophers!!

NDSUstudent
05-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Haven't seen anything over here regarding your non-conference schedule for next year. Any idea yet?

Thanks

Home
Green Bay
Milwaukee
Idaho

Road
Gonzaga

Saul is working to get two high major road games and it was also reported that he is working toward a 2 for 1 with a notable opponent.

I will make my request again...Please Saul get us into one of the non-conference tournaments in Vegas. There has to be 3 or 4 of them.

SamsRams
05-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Home
Please Saul get us into one of the non-conference tournaments in Vegas. There has to be 3 or 4 of them.

There are 3 tournaments here and from what I have seen they are already booked. It would be awesome to see NDSU in one of then though!!!

GoJacks
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=NDSUstudent;281146]Home
Green Bay
Milwaukee
Idaho

Road
Gonzaga
[QUOTE]

All pretty good teams (even Idaho was over .500). The two Horizon teams are pretty solid and Gonzaga is, well, Gonzaga.

If you do get a couple road games w/ high majors you're looking at a pretty tough non-conference. Any chance you schedule UND and USD?

roadwarrior
05-14-2009, 11:27 PM
I think the schedule is complete, but it hasn't been released yet.

BisBison
05-15-2009, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=NDSUstudent;281146]Home
Green Bay
Milwaukee
Idaho

Road
Gonzaga
[QUOTE]

All pretty good teams (even Idaho was over .500). The two Horizon teams are pretty solid and Gonzaga is, well, Gonzaga.

If you do get a couple road games w/ high majors you're looking at a pretty tough non-conference. Any chance you schedule UND and USD?

We don't schedule either of the uxds until their RPI doesn't drag us down.

IzzyFlexion
05-15-2009, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE=GoJacks;281167][QUOTE=NDSUstudent;281146]Home
Green Bay
Milwaukee
Idaho

Road
Gonzaga

We don't schedule either of the uxds until their RPI doesn't drag us down.

That mad pursuit of a great rpi didn't do squat for us last year.

NDSUstudent
05-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Lately I have kind of wondered if 2 for 1 with a notable oppenent means a game with one of UXDs. If it were up to Saul we would probably be playing them, he has a pretty solid relationship with UND's coach.

TheDoctor
05-15-2009, 02:58 AM
Lately I have kind of wondered if 2 for 1 with a notable oppenent means a game with one of UXDs. If it were up to Saul we would probably be playing them, he has a pretty solid relationship with UND's coach.

I hope not. We have NO NEED to go there until they get into the conference. We would be a game that puts butts in their seats. We wouldn't want to do that for them. ;)

NDSUstudent
05-15-2009, 03:06 AM
I hope not. We have NO NEED to go there until they get into the conference. We would be a game that puts butts in their seats. We wouldn't want to do that for them. ;)

I don't know, I would love to give them a beat down. The 2 for 1 would need to have the first two in Fargo though.

ndsubison1
05-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Missouri!!! :) (wishful thinking)

tjbison
05-16-2009, 02:09 AM
I would love to see NDSU play Kansas!!!

;) :D

GoJacks
05-16-2009, 02:57 AM
I would love to see NDSU play Kansas!!!

No offense, but no you wouldn't. KU will be absolutely loaded next year and will easily be top 5 (on paper anyway).

IzzyFlexion
05-16-2009, 03:12 AM
No offense, but no you wouldn't. KU will be absolutely loaded next year and will easily be top 5 (on paper anyway).

That's how programs like NDSU's elevate to a higher level. You have to be willing to play the marquis schools and believe that you can be competitive.

tjbison
05-16-2009, 03:21 AM

Yes I would, and so what if they are supposed to be loaded, I want a rematch in the tourney

Golden Eagle
05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Missouri!!! :) (wishful thinking)

We have Missouri at home this season.

A NDSU/Gonzaga game would be great to watch! I hope that gets televised somewhere.

unbison
05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
If you really hate them you want to beat them now..... by 70 and next year by 70 and the year after by 70 who cares where they play..... bsa is not a sellout every night we could use the attendance booooooost as well some nights

North Side
05-17-2009, 12:32 AM
We need another team from the PAC 10. Already have Cal and USC. Why not Stanford? Washington St.?

GoJacks
05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
That's how programs like NDSU's elevate to a higher level. You have to be willing to play the marquis schools and believe that you can be competitive.

I've never totally bought into this line of thinking. I think basketball is one of the few sports where this might be true. But how does playing a Kansas and losing by 30 make you better? SDSU won at Iowa State last year to mke our record 6-8. Should have made us better, right? After that game we lost 2 in a row and went 7-12 for the remainder of the season including 0-10 on the road.

If I'm a low major school like NDSU or SDSU I schedule 2-3 marquis games against regional teams for the exposure and I suppose the hope of improving. After that I use the Bill Snyder model from K-State football and concentrate on scheduling opponents that give me the best chance for a "W". Sure, fans aren't going to be knocking down the doors to watch you beat Utah Valley State or Houston Baptist but people will show up to watch a winner.

GoJacks
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Yes I would, and so what if they are supposed to be loaded, I want a rematch in the tourney

I'm sure you (and every other Summit team) would face anyone in the tourney....just to be in the tourney.

KU will be scary this year. They get everyone back, plus a 7-foot transfer from U of Arizona who was a top 20 player in the 2008 class, a top 5 player in Xavier Henry and top 30 players in Elijiah Johnson and Thomas Robinson.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm sure you (and every other Summit team) would face anyone in the tourney....just to be in the tourney.

KU will be scary this year. They get everyone back, plus a 7-foot transfer from U of Arizona who was a top 20 player in the 2008 class, a top 5 player in Xavier Henry and top 30 players in Elijiah Johnson and Thomas Robinson.

OHHHHHHHHHH YEAH :) now you're talking sooooo jacked for KU's season as well as NDSUs 09-10 basketball seasons looking to be a good one!

KU +700 to win it all as of now :nod:

TheBisonator
05-18-2009, 08:06 PM
If we can get South Dakota on the home schedule (future Summit member) for next year, that gives us 13 home DI games. Then maybe if we want 14, schedule MSUM or Mary, but NO FREAKING DAC SCHOOLS!!!!!

79FCourt
05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
How about a home/home or 2 for 1 deal with some MWC schools. I know Wyo always has issues scheduling home non conference games. I would think that CSU, and Air Force have some of the same issues.

Blue
05-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Then maybe if we want 14, schedule MSUM or Mary, but NO FREAKING DAC SCHOOLS!!!!!
You're starting to sound like lakesy:D.

TheDoctor
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
You're starting to sound like lakesy:D.

Who??? Never heard of him?? Oh, you mean Huckleberry! ;)

SamsRams
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Tues. Dec. 22 Diamond Head Classic * Honolulu, Hawaii
Wed. Dec. 23 Diamond Head Classic * Honolulu, Hawaii
Fri. Dec. 25 Diamond Head Classic * Honolulu, Hawaii

* Eight-team tournament run by ESPN Regional Television, Inc., a subsidiary of ESPN. Participants include: host Hawaii, UNLV, USC, SMU, College of Charleston, Saint Mary’s and Western Michigan. The eighth team is yet to be determined.

Golden Eagle
05-21-2009, 07:01 PM
OHHHHHHHHHH YEAH :) now you're talking sooooo jacked for KU's season as well as NDSUs 09-10 basketball seasons looking to be a good one!

KU +700 to win it all as of now :nod:

Oakland will be playing KU at Allen Fieldhouse as well as Memphis this season.

ORU's non-conference schedule looks like this:

Wake Forest
Stanford
Louisville
Virginia
Indiana St.
Tulsa
Missiouri
New Mexico

HandoEX
05-21-2009, 07:06 PM

Wake Forest
Stanford
Louisville
Virginia
Indiana St.
Tulsa
Missiouri
New Mexico

Nice games for both ORU and Oakland!!!

lakesbison
05-21-2009, 07:09 PM
im beyond JEALOUS!

TheDoctor
05-21-2009, 08:10 PM

Wake Forest
Stanford
Louisville
Virginia
Indiana St.
Tulsa
Missiouri
New Mexico

WOW! I am not sure this theory works. I think those boys were beat down by the time the tourney rolled around last year due to their nonconference schedule. Obviously this is true, otherwise how else do we explain SDSU winning :rofl:. ;)

tcbison
05-21-2009, 08:13 PM

Wake Forest
Stanford
Louisville
Virginia
Indiana St.
Tulsa
Missiouri
New Mexico

Do you guys get any home games???

ndsubison1
05-21-2009, 09:38 PM
i know they play Mizzou at home... im jealous

Golden Eagle
05-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Do you guys get any home games???

Missouri, Tulsa, New Mexico, and few others not listed are home games.

ndsubison1
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM

wanna trade our NAIA/D2 games with us for those?

tcbison
05-21-2009, 10:37 PM

That is awesome! Very well done! Good luck in those games and bring home some wins for the Summit League.

klomp44
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM
11/4/2009 North Dakota State (Exhibition) Fargo, ND TBA Details

http://www.msumdragons.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

tjbison
06-04-2009, 12:49 AM
http://www.msumdragons.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

warm ups like this are normal for non-counter game and I hove no problem but its a totally different topic for me when these games show up on the regular schedule:banghead:

TheDoctor
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I can't wait for November 4th! ;)

lakesbison
06-25-2009, 05:04 AM
11.4 *arizona state needs a team to play.

drop moorhead and head to ASU!!!! lets do this!!

onbison09
06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
warm ups like this are normal for non-counter game and I hove no problem but its a totally different topic for me when these games show up on the regular schedule:banghead:
It says exhibition.

TheBisonator
06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm gonna throw up if I see Mayville State and Valley City State on the schedule again this year. I REALLY don't want to play anymore NAIA schools.