PDA

View Full Version : Bohl on KFGO

Bison"FANatic"
05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Bohl is on KFGO now.

Bison"FANatic"
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
The first part talked about how good the O line will be. They are really coming together. Going to play to Mertens Strengths and do more rolling and getting him to the corners and using his arm down the field. Played it to safe last year with no depth at QB and not going to do it this year.

Going to talk about the troubles of this spring next

Said Preston Evans has the same SMACKING power as Joe Mays.

Bison"FANatic"
05-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Opening up to phone calls and not going to duck going to take them as they come.

www.kfgo.com if out of the area, hit the listen live I believe it may be in the upper right corner

bisonhusker
05-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Rock solid. Good interview.

DjKyRo
05-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I tune in just in time to hear "Thanks for coming on, Coach." FML.

Glad to hear he's acknowledging the (not intended confrontationally) mishandling of Mertens' talents and is going to try a different approach. I'm glad he's confident about the O-line and as I heard him say on the tail end of the show, he's confident in the home schedule. I think he's confident that we can have a very solid year and if Coach Bohl says it, I believe it.

stevdock
05-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Help us out a little who are stuck in work or school. Anything important come out in this interview?

Bison"FANatic"
05-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Here is a quick run down and paraphrase of things I caught. Did not take phone calls must not of had time.

Bohl said Character is the Bedrock of the program and they try to set a very high bar. They have a long history of Solid Character but sometimes you have some young ment that make mistakes. You hear about the bad but don't always here about the good that they do. Example Roehl and Heck on the all state good works team that was announced at the suger bowl. Team sandbagging and helping save the Valley city library books. The team does a lot of good things compared to the few bad incidences.

Basically said you are going to have some incidences as kids do some not smart things but that is part of growing up. He is taking a hard stance and working to see what kids he can get back on the right track and which ones you can't or have went to far awry.

Joel asks Is Team not listening why are they not getting it after the previous incidences.

Bohl stated that the Team gets it!!!! but these things are all happening fast in the last 2 weeks and they are trying to be proactive but also are responding to things when they come up also. He reiterated that most of the team gets it!

He is excited for the conference play and the home schedule

Plugged the Spring game again and at the beginning of the interview it was about all the troubles they had getting in the practices. From the fields to the dome being used for sandbagging. Basically reiterated that the sandbagging was way more important than the practices and they put the community first and dealt with the no place to practice later.

Just a quick paraphrase of the interview from a non jouranalist trying to keep you all informed.

bisonhusker
05-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Why is anyone/everyone down about next year? Who did we lose?

Did Joe Mays or Steve Walker just get kicked off? Seriously. We lost a WR that was DUMBER THAN DUMB and a backup...sorry, a 5th string running back. If Jordan tore his ACL, would people be talking that the season was over? Seriously. We are better at several positions, the tight end spot is going to be crazy good, and our line is going to be healthy (hopefully) and rearranged...much needed.

So, with that being said....I am glad we are doing this now, 4 months before we shock ISU and not during the season in which it would destroy chemistry.

I am actually happy this is going on, to reinforce team rules and bring back to light why these kids are Bison.

bisonmike2
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Did Joe Mays or Steve Walker just get kicked off? Seriously. We lost a WR that was DUMBER THAN DUMB and a backup...sorry, a 5th string running back. If Jordan tore his ACL, would people be talking that the season was over? Seriously. We are better at several positions, the tight end spot is going to be crazy good, and our line is going to be healthy (hopefully) and rearranged...much needed.

So, with that being said....I am glad we are doing this now, 4 months before we shock ISU and not during the season in which it would destroy chemistry.

I am actually happy this is going on, to reinforce team rules and bring back to light why these kids are Bison.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer here but these are my top 5 reasons why I am down on this team.

1.) We lost exceptional, possibly NFL type talent on defense. Humber, Maresh, Schommer among others.

2.) We lost quite possibly the greatest receiver we have ever had at NDSU.

3.) We lost a top 5 ever talented RB.

4.) We return an under performing QB who's remembered more for throwing picks at the end of games than competed passes.

5.) We have had an off season filled with players getting arrested and getting kicked off the team.

KilldeerBison
05-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't want to be Debbie Downer here but these are my top 5 reasons why I am down on this team.

1.) We lost exceptional, possibly NFL type talent on defense. Humber, Maresh, Schommer among others.

3.) We lost a top 5 ever talented RB.

4.) We return an under performing QB who's remembered more for throwing picks at the end of games than competed passes.

5.) We have had an off season filled with players getting arrested and getting kicked off the team.

Who do you mean, Heck or Jordnan? I watched practice last week and I have to say S. Haynes looks really good!

bisonhusker
05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Kyle Steffes graduated once too....and the world was going to end because didn't have anyone to back him up......

HerdBot
05-08-2009, 04:22 PM

We're still going ot be very good. Our biggest loss is Garrett Johnson because he plays one of the most important positions. Hopefully he doesn't miss much time. Shamen is great but it's not the end of the world if he misses a few games. We lost 2 backup QB's. Who cares. Schultenover will sting a little but we have some really good young players who will have a great opportunity.

We're loaded at the O-line, DT, linebacker, TE's, RB, and FB. Mertens will be much better. I guarantee it.

OldBison
05-08-2009, 04:52 PM
We're loaded at the O-line, DT, linebacker, TE's, RB, and FB.

First off, I think the starters will be very solid and I think the Bison will be much improved from last year.

However, loaded at OL? Arndt, Buckman, Richard, Foster, Ebel will be great, no question, and all have great experience. But if you say loaded who is behind them? None with experience. There are only three OT listed on the roster and Wellenstein is likely done with his back injuries (although is still on the roster). Cornick could be switched to OT but has played only a few meaningful snaps. Landingham and Lund might have great credentials from HS but are only RFr, very, very few of those inexperienced players have ever contributed as a RFr on the OL for the Bison in the last 10 years. The rest of the OL roster are walk ons. Bottom line, I doubt the OL is "loaded" by any stretch of the imagination.

Beyond Henry, Anderson, Kittelson and Evans, what do we really know about the LB corp? None of the others have been on the field to know whether or not the Bison are loaded. Beeson is undersized as a MLB, and as for Bussey, who knows. I have to say the same about the rest of the group. Who knows enough to say that the LB corp is loaded?

MNLonghorn10
05-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Haynes is going to be the truth

NDSUstudent
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Kyle Steffes graduated once too....and the world was going to end because didn't have anyone to back him up......

I remember that, and everyone thought Roehl could only be a FB and would be average at HB. Honestly, RB is the least of our concerns, I wish we had that kind of depth at every other position.

bisonmike2
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM

True but Walker also graduated and the world did end. For every Steffes followed by a Roehl there's 2 Walkers followed by Mertens. If we always replaced our legends we comparable players, the legends wouldn't be legends.

Bison Dan
05-08-2009, 07:31 PM
True but Walker also graduated and the world did end. For every Steffes followed by a Roehl there's 2 Walkers followed by Mertens. If we always replaced our legends we comparable players, the legends wouldn't be legends.

You can't base your view on 1 year! I think Coach Bohl is excited with the talent of the young players he has coming up. If the team comes together they could be scary good.

stevdock
05-08-2009, 07:41 PM
We're still going ot be very good. Our biggest loss is Garrett Johnson because he plays one of the most important positions. Hopefully he doesn't miss much time. Shamen is great but it's not the end of the world if he misses a few games. We lost 2 backup QB's. Who cares. Schultenover will sting a little but we have some really good young players who will have a great opportunity.

We're loaded at the O-line, DT, linebacker, TE's, RB, and FB. Mertens will be much better. I guarantee it.

No hopefully he learned from this and will continue to grow. If he needs more time fine, the team will have to deal with that.

Oh and thanks for giving the rundown of the interview. Very good stuff in there.

KTF
05-09-2009, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Bison"FANatic";279817] Played it to safe last year with no depth at QB and not going to do it this year.
[QUOTE]

I am trying to figure out who Bohl thinks is going to back up Mertens beside the true freshmen that has yet to set foot on campus yet.

Is Fabry going to be back this summer after his shoulder surgery? Is Mohler possibly coming back? I thought he was done for good or could he work his way back onto the field? We haven't heard boo on Stangel yet...

IzzyFlexion
05-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Haynes is going to be the truth

F'in A, Cotton...............F'in A!!
http://www.smokingtree.net/images/dodgeball6.jpg

cvbison1
05-09-2009, 08:41 PM
this may be random...but i have a feeling our sophomore class is going to take us very deep into the playoffs in a couple years.....

TheBisonator
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
this may be random...but i have a feeling our sophomore class is going to take us very deep into the playoffs in a couple years.....

I agree. We have a LOADED sophomore class. 2010 and 2011 may be stellar seasons.

I don't see us doing any worse this year than repeating a 6-5 record. I think Mertens may improve significantly.

A1pigskin
05-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I think we'll be ok this year.

SamsRams
05-12-2009, 01:39 AM

Heck was good, but he was no Stacey Robinson!!

BisBison
05-12-2009, 03:41 AM

Agreed, people have short memories

sambini
05-12-2009, 04:33 AM
Heck was good, but he was no Stacey Robinson!! And his teammate Len Kretchman had some speed also.

Bison53
05-12-2009, 06:31 AM
Need QB

IzzyFlexion
05-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Need QB

Aaaahhhhh........CHASEN STANGELLLLLLLLLLL................
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/xmagicshep1/drooling-homer.gif

bisonmike2
05-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Agreed, people have short memories

Isn't Heck the all time leader in receptions, all-time leader in yards* and top 5 in TD's? I'll take Heck.

*don't quote me on that

roper1313
05-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Isn't Heck the all time leader in receptions, all-time leader in yards* and top 5 in TD's? I'll take Heck.

*don't quote me on that

you're right but Heck had a lot more balls thrown his way then Stacy Robinson.

Kermit
05-12-2009, 02:48 PM

I saw Stacey Robinson, Len Kretchman, TR McDonald, etc. In my opinion, Heckendorf is the best wide receiver I've seen play for the Bison. I don't mean to take anything away from the other guys, especially Robinson (who played in the NFL), but Heck was the best COLLEGE receiver I've seen here. His senior year was impacted by illness, injury, and QB issues. His junior year was absolutely phenomenal.

bisondad
05-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I've always wondered if Steve would have turned into the quarterback that he was without Heckendorf. Steve would throw it up, Heck would come down with it. Very special combination.

bisonmike2
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM

It's a great discussion to have. Nobody's wrong. I just think Heck has everything I would look for in a great college receiver. And I give him bonus points because I was actually able to see him play.

OldBison
05-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Old TR put up some incredible numbers, made even more special by the fact he played WR on an option offense, same with Len.

tcbison
05-12-2009, 05:33 PM
TD McDonald was awesome. Would haved loved to seen what kind of numbers he would have put up in a passing offense. I though he had some pros look at him but he wasn't interested. That is what I remember anyway.

unbison
05-12-2009, 05:48 PM
How about Kretchman 84 catches career in the veer........24 going to the house..... you mean there was someone better..... he took over 25% of his catches to the house..... had five catches for 242 yards in one game....oooh yeah that was out of the veer as well

EndZoneQB
05-12-2009, 07:01 PM
You can't base your view on 1 year! I think Coach Bohl is excited with the talent of the young players he has coming up. If the team comes together they could be scary good.

Exactly. So we missed on ONE player(granted it's an extremely important position), and had some other mishaps at the position. Other than that, I'd say we've elevated our recruiting to the level of play at which we are competing(especially if everyone is "as advertised"). I've been a season ticket holder through some bad seasons, and will continue to be for as long as I can see.

Tatanka
05-13-2009, 02:18 AM

That's what she said.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/Magno_101/Quagmire.gif

OH!

56BISON73
05-13-2009, 02:20 AM

So did Rock Hudson.-------Bada-Bing:D