PDA

View Full Version : Bison fans......take a deep breath......

WYOBISONMAN
05-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Relax.....and accept that next year may well be a down season. But, we will still tailgate before the game and have a lot to look forward for.

My wife and I will once again get together with her parents and mine for a reunion and a football game,

SDbison may still have too many Jaegerbombs and sleep for the first half of a game under a tree,

Cooking competion in the west lot will be intense,

Games will be played in the west lot before the game,

We will meet old friends and share great stories from other Bison game days,

Guys like me will come from a long distance and feel good about being in Fargo once again,

Some of us old guys will be totally irresponsible with the beer bong,

The Gold Star Marching Band will play and the fight song will take us back to our college days,

Bisonguy will show up with some fantastic ribs (and a new 3 million dollar camera set up),

Trans Am will have some great stories about his ever growing number of friends in Nigeria,

Sambini will be tailgating with Budweiser in hand,

Simmers will be cooking brats on the grill (and then there is that Teammakers beer cooler too),

Roadwarrior will be there planning and discussing the next trip,

So, Bison fans, despite the large amount of crap that has come our way (and it has been a bunch), I am looking forward to many things this upcoming football season!

silkamilkamonico
05-06-2009, 05:07 AM
I truly believe the next couple years will be down.

Not saying it will, but these are the kinds of things that can significatly hold programs back from continuing to build what they already have.

CaBisonFan
05-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Thanks WYO.

A little perspective is needed right now. And some of us thought that QB was our biggest problem.

zooropa
05-06-2009, 05:15 AM
I just noticed something.

A lot of those things involve alcohol and food.

Methinks wyobisonman was sent to bed without dinner tonight....... :p

DjKyRo
05-06-2009, 05:30 AM
[B]

The Gold Star Marching Band will play and the fight song will take us back to our college days,

Dude, lame as it sounds to be talking about band in a conversation about ribs, beer, and football, next year should be an insane year for the band. We're looking at possibly 250 + members. Just a heads-up from that dept.

CaBisonFan
05-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Dude, lame as it sounds to be talking about band in a conversation about ribs, beer, and football, next year should be an insane year for the band. We're looking at possibly 250 + members. Just a heads-up from that dept.

Maybe we'll pull an SDSU...where people get concessions and use the restroom during the game so that they don't miss the halftime show. :D

WYOBISONMAN
05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I just noticed something.

A lot of those things involve alcohol and food.

Methinks wyobisonman was sent to bed without dinner tonight....... :p

No......actually I bucked 5 tons of hay......finished at about 10pm and was too tired for even one beer last night....:D

4mcruenomore
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm still looking forward to the season. As far as guys getting kicked off, or some "bigger" names leaving, atleast it might give an opportunity to a hard worker to show his stuff. Who knows, we still have some good players. And the band is awesome, so I'm always looking forward to hear them play. Let's stay positive!

EagleBison
05-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I think all this trouble will rally the troops, and a possible down year will turn into a fine season.

Da_Bizon
05-06-2009, 03:24 PM
I agree with everything Wyo said, except the down year. There is no such thing. This is Bison football. We will be just fine... we just have to wait and see how the cards fall.

bisonmike2
05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
The more I think about it the more I think we'll be fine. Maybe we were wasted or hung over all the time last year and that's why we went 6-5? Maybe now the guys will sober up since the hardcore partiers and the team dealer are off the team? We might be able to make some noise in the MVFC.

Ferd
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I think all this trouble will rally the troops, and a possible down year will turn into a fine season.

As I posted in another thread, football is a team sport and the remaining athletes will now get their chance to shine.

A1pigskin
05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I truly believe the next couple years will be down.

Not saying it will, but these are the kinds of things that can significatly hold programs back from continuing to build what they already have.

Especially if we keep losing players.

TransAmBison
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't know what to say. I do not necessarily expect a down year. The more I think about it the more hope I have. The o-line has a year of experience to get better. I feel good about our running backs. I have faith our defense will return to greatness. Wide receivers. We have a ton of new blood and they all have an opportunity to shine. They don't have a great upperclassman to fight for playing time. Mertens. By what I've heard about practice I think he better than last year. Not a lot better, but better. If they open up the offense and let him run...well, I have some hope. We also need a young receiver to take control. This can be seen as an opportunity.

Bison"FANatic"
05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't know what to say. I do not necessarily expect a down year. The more I think about it the more hope I have. The o-line has a year of experience to get better. I feel good about our running backs. I have faith our defense will return to greatness. Wide receivers. We have a ton of new blood and they all have an opportunity to shine. They don't have a great upperclassman to fight for playing time. Mertens. By what I've heard about practice I think he better than last year. Not a lot better, but better. If they open up the offense and let him run...well, I have some hope. We also need a young receiver to take control. This can be seen as an opportunity.

++++++++++++++++++

NDSUstudent
05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
What we lost...

For Sure:
Schuletnover, nice player and a starter, but he had ample opportunity to sieze a starting spot last year but didn't. I've always liked his potential but he never really consistanly preformed.

Jackson, a senior backup that doesn't know the playbook, and was passed by a true freshman on depth chart.

Osborne, could have been a good player, never played, but will effect our depth.

Blincoe, undersized running back, has had a few good games, but he probably was fourth on the depth chart.

Maybe:
Mohler, promising QB, I don't think he would have passed Mertens this year, but if he goes it will hurt our depth.

Johnson, Solid DE, was probably going to be a starter, in my mind if he is off the team it would be the biggest loss, I was looking forward to watching him and Boyer on D-line.

Shamen, kick returner, great when healthy but the team does have other players that can probably do just as good a job or better. I really kind of questioned how he would comeback after the 3rd or is it 4th knee surgery.

So is the sky falling? How many of these guys were expected to be big contributers? Some of them could also have been the dead weight that was holding this team down and hopefully if some get another chance they take advantage of it.

zooropa
05-06-2009, 06:45 PM
No......actually I bucked 5 tons of hay......finished at about 10pm and was too tired for even one beer last night....:D

My dad used to brag about throwing square bales around with one hand---and then he'd admit that he'd wait until they'd dried out in the field for a while first.

EndZoneQB
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
They let you guys use a beer bong?

I'm ready for tailgating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OrygunBison
05-06-2009, 07:03 PM

The band drinks milk.

TbonZach
05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
....next year should be an insane year for the band. We're looking at possibly 250 + members.

:offtopic:

I know you probably have more inside info than me right now, but, as good as that sounds, I have a hard time believing that we'll be over 200. Although I would love to see it happen...

Side note - where the heck are we going to rehearse?! The band room/Festival was tight enough last year.

Da_Bizon
05-06-2009, 07:48 PM
The more I think about it the more I think we'll be fine. Maybe we were wasted or hung over all the time last year and that's why we went 6-5? Maybe now the guys will sober up since the hardcore partiers and the team dealer are off the team? We might be able to make some noise in the MVFC.

If anyone thinks this is going to be a down year, think about this: we were 6-5 last year. I wouldn't consider that to be an "up" year. And maybe there were a few guys that focused a little too hard on partying last year... now that they are gone, maybe we can add a few wins to the total.

BlueBisonRock
05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
My dad used to brag about throwing square bales around with one hand---and then he'd admit that he'd wait until they'd dried out in the field for a while first.

That works until you get a couple of 'slough hay' bales.

HandoEX
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm looking forward to tailgating as always, but it'll be G-rated for the first few games for me since my wife is due on October 6th. Hoping to bring the little one to his/her first Marker game on the 17th:D

bisonmike2
05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
If anyone thinks this is going to be a down year, think about this: we were 6-5 last year. I wouldn't consider that to be an "up" year. And maybe there were a few guys that focused a little too hard on partying last year... now that they are gone, maybe we can add a few wins to the total.

Another thing that might help is the guys left in that locker room have to be embarrassed. If these guys are competitors and our coaches are good at what they do they should be able to turn these events into some strong motivation. They will either wither and get rolled this year or they'll be more focused and determined than ever to succeed and put this embarrassing chapter behind them.

56BISON73
05-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Another thing that might help is the guys left in that locker room have to be embarrassed. If these guys are competitors and our coaches are good at what they do they should be able to turn these events into some strong motivation. They will either wither and get rolled this year or they'll be more focused and determined than ever to succeed and put this embarrassing chapter behind them.

The boys need to come together as a team. The team needs to make it understood that there is no more I.
Its about the team and if you dont like it you are gone. Period.

Cat80
05-07-2009, 02:50 AM
Please take a deep breath. My goodness. One 6-5 season and the sky's falling? I'm taking the Bison straight up against the Clowns on 9-3. Bozos on Cyclone Fanatic are calling for a 35-40 pt win for the Clowns. Not gonna happen. Chaos is reigning in Ames and you have a great chance to get the win. See you all on 10-10!

NDSUFan_Sav
05-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Please take a deep breath. My goodness. One 6-5 season and the sky's falling? I'm taking the Bison straight up against the Clowns on 9-3. Bozos on Cyclone Fanatic are calling for a 35-40 pt win for the Clowns. Not gonna happen. Chaos is reigning in Ames and you have a great chance to get the win. See you all on 10-10!

thanks for the input....i agree 6-5 after a back to back 10-1 seasons and we're in a new conf and new qb and what not, hopefully we come back stronger this year.

mgbison
05-07-2009, 03:12 AM
I think most people need to chill out a little bit. we lost 5 games last year and could have easily only had 1 loss. The good news is we get uni in fargo, and the rest of the games are very winnable. ysu, wiu, isu, isu, msu and wagner should be w's. Between the rest of the teams, we should be able to get 2 w's. it's not like we lost an all american player. as long as our o-line and d-line stays healthy i'm not too worried.

PantherHawk Says Hey Spud
05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
BUCK UP ME BOY-O's!!! So what if your off season has been a friggin train wreck, its a scant 4 mos. until you HAVE to uphold the integrity of the conference in Clownville!! I suppose it is a bit much to ask you to go in there and smash their heads like we did in 2007, but at least make a game of it, ok? I will be cheering for you!!

EagleBison
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
BUCK UP ME BOY-O's!!! So what if your off season has been a friggin train wreck, its a scant 4 mos. until you HAVE to uphold the integrity of the conference in Clownville!! I suppose it is a bit much to ask you to go in there and smash their heads like we did in 2007, but at least make a game of it, ok? I will be cheering for you!!

Sorry, but it hasn't been a trainwreck, nice try for an Iowegian.

THEsocalledfan
05-07-2009, 03:53 PM

Man, that is pretty cool. I left another negative rep for Spud Idiot, and lit another lamp for him! Nice work!

56BISON73
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Man, that is pretty cool. I left another negative rep for Spud Idiot, and lit another lamp for him! Nice work!

The poor boy has some problems. Last year he sent me a bunch of gay themed messages and got banned. So I think hes angry over his sexual orientation and hasnt figured it out yet.:D