PDA

View Full Version : Drago released by Colts

TAILG8R
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Here is the Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/04/colts-sign-two-and-cut-two/)

EDIT: I see B1SON already had this in another thread. Some of us aren't as connected. :(

Bison101
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Good Luck Drago....

BadlandsBison
05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Good luck Drago. A guy with this much talent always has a shot.

A1pigskin
05-05-2009, 01:47 AM
That really stinks. Good luck Drago.

CaBisonFan
05-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Here is the Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/04/colts-sign-two-and-cut-two/)

EDIT: I see B1SON already had this in another thread. Some of us aren't as connected. :(

No problem. Thanks for the info.

I wish that an NFL team with a brain would pick him up. He's a 'gamer.'

TheDoctor
05-05-2009, 01:43 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing sometimes! ;)

4mcruenomore
05-13-2009, 03:38 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/bump.gif

Anything new?

IzzyFlexion
05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Something tells me that there is more to the Dragosovich saga. I mean, good grief, he comes into last year's draft as the #1 or #2 punter available, why is he not getting more looks and/or jobs? It's not like the league has a glut of amazing punters.
There has to be more to this story!!

imabison
05-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Something tells me that there is more to the Dragosovich saga. I mean, good grief, he comes into last year's draft as the #1 or #2 punter available, why is he not getting more looks and/or jobs? It's not like the league has a glut of amazing punters.
There has to be more to this story!!

Everything that has ever been posted here, and thats all I know is that they say his catch and release is to slow.

IzzyFlexion
05-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Everything that has ever been posted here, and thats all I know is that they say his catch and release is to slow.

That was definately his weakness. Also with that height and long leggedness, a couple of his strides puts him so much closer to the line of scrimmage than others. I do remember seeing an article that discussed him working on some adjustments but it must not be enough to carry him through. I'm not giving up on him yet, though.

I've always wondered why teams haven't adopted a deeper receiving distance strategy for punters to buy them a little extra time. Hell, a couple yards deeper and subsequent couple yards of distance lost on the kick seems to be a great trade off to dramatically decreasing the probability of a block.

Thoughts....anyone?

56BISON73
05-14-2009, 01:42 AM
That was definately his weakness. Also with that height and long leggedness, a couple of his strides puts him so much closer to the line of scrimmage than others. I do remember seeing an article that discussed him working on some adjustments but it must not be enough to carry him through. I'm not giving up on him yet, though.

I've always wondered why teams haven't adopted a deeper receiving distance strategy for punters to buy them a little extra time. Hell, a couple yards deeper and subsequent couple yards of distance lost on the kick seems to be a great trade off to dramatically decreasing the probability of a block.

Thoughts....anyone?

You actually increase the chance of a block. The D-end wouldnt have to go around the tackle-end as much and would have a more straight rushing angle. It would also take more time for the ball to get back to the punter.

IzzyFlexion
05-14-2009, 01:58 AM
You actually increase the chance of a block. The D-end wouldnt have to go around the tackle-end as much and would have a more straight rushing angle. It would also take more time for the ball to get back to the punter.

I agree with you on the rushing angle part. With all of the adjustments that teams continually make in all aspects of the game, you'd think that blocking schemes could be designed to negate an increased threat?
I think that given the speed or "zip" put into a long snap, that the increased time it would take for the ball to get to the punter would be negligible.
I guess this is why I'm a struggling salesman and NOT a successful football coach.:)
Appreciate the input.